Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Tough break for him, hope he heals well.

Well we will get early look at some young guys.

This OL needs work badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Goff had a 28.7 QBR today. That doesn't look like MVP caliber play.
    Oh we are going to define players by 1 game, and ignore the body of work. Sounds legit.

Ok, then ruin him and/or get him injured.
    Elway was thrown into the fire his rookie year and was awful. It toughened him up.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Elway was thrown into the fire his rookie year and was awful. It toughened him up.
    He also had bad tendencies for many years after that, some that he didn't break until the 2nd half of the 90s.

He also had bad tendencies for many years after that, some that he didn't break until the 2nd half of the 90s.
    Maybe he had those tendencies before he joined the Broncos. I wouldn't know. I never saw him play for Stanford. I do know that young QBs need experience to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Not surprised with how the injury happened and when he started limping. Too bad. I wonder if this spells the end of his Denver career?
    I never thought about that but it is quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I never thought about that but it is quite possible.
    Itís a very significant cap savings cutting him after this season with a very low dead cap penalty.

If Elway decides to keep him itís purely due to having no sufficient backup.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Itís a very significant cap savings cutting him after this season with a very low dead cap penalty.

If Elway decides to keep him itís purely due to having no sufficient backup.
    Yup, I would like to see Sam Jones get some run. See what we got, I know Garcia isnt a solution. Jones and McGovern are already offseason workout buddies, and would help with unit cohesion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It’s a very significant cap savings cutting him after this season with a very low dead cap penalty.

If Elway decides to keep him it’s purely due to having no sufficient backup.
    Actually there's another factor that could come into play. If Leary's 2019 salary is guaranteed for injury then the Broncos might as well keep him because they have to pay him anyways. If his salary becomes guaranteed it's not a bad thing to keep him.

He should be healed by 2019 season and can be a good backup to the future all pro guard that we draft or bring in thru free agency. Although, an Achilles injury for a big man is tough rehab.

Just looked at both Spotrac and Over The Cap and there's no mention of his 2019 salary being guaranteed for injury, so it would look like he might be gone next year. He also has a per game roster bonus each season that he will no longer earn this year, so there will be some minimal cap savings there.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Yup, I would like to see Sam Jones get some run. See what we got, I know Garcia isnt a solution. Jones and McGovern are already offseason workout buddies, and would help with unit cohesion as well.
    Elijah Wilkinson is available as well. We'll see if they sign a free agent O-Lineman or sign Austin Schlottmann or Avery Gennesy from the PS.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Ok, then ruin him and/or get him injured.
    If we had Mahomes on the team, would you not play him so he wouldn't get hurt or ruined?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Elijah Wilkinson is available as well. We'll see if they sign a free agent O-Lineman or sign Austin Schlottmann or Avery Gennesy from the PS.
    I am pulling for him. He seemed to have a lot of potential in college.