Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Will Barton gets a lot of heat for his inconsistent shooting but he gives this team a huge spark with his ability to block shots as an off ball defender

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don’t know if he starts or not but MPJ is showing that he can be a very good off ball player. It was good to see him get some blocks too, his length will help a lot on defense. Him and Grant are two hugely underrated moves.
    MPJ needs to get some minutes. He's sat for two years and needs to play to develop. IMO he can't sit another year, 3 years is too many for a player Malone said is a special talent.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    MPJ needs to get some minutes. He's sat for two years and needs to play to develop. IMO he can't sit another year, 3 years is too many for a player Malone said is a special talent.
    Two years? Wasnít last year his ďrookieĒ year?

Couldíve sworn the year prior was his acl injury year at Missouri. Unless you are counting that but i donít exactly consider that sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Two years? Wasn’t last year his “rookie” year?

Could’ve sworn the year prior was his acl injury year at Missouri. Unless you are counting that but i don’t exactly consider that sitting.
    I didn't say he sat 2 years for the Nuggets. He played 42 total minutes in 3 games in his college career. I don't exactly consider that playing a full year. You even posted about his ACL injury in college, not sure how you missed he didn't play that year.

The point is he needs to play, and because he's sat for two years he probably needs game time more than most rookies.

Jontay had the ACL injury, itís been the back injury for MPJ. And he developed drop foot after the most recent surgery and he wore a brace on that foot in the preseason so there may be some lingering health concerns.

But honestly right now Iím not sure who heíd be taking minutes from to fit in the rotation. Maybe Plumlee and we go small with Grant at C similar to GSWís death lineup the last few years. Craig isnít much of a scorer and Barton is inconsistent on offense as well but the team feeds off their defensive plays and while MPJ looks smooth on offense he does seem rigid as an on ball defender despite showing nice potential as an off ball defender. Thatís really where those 2 years of minimal play rears it head, when heís defending the ball handler.

There will be some games where we can use his scoring but I think the defense that Barton and Craig provide are more important to the team right now. Porter will get time eventually, unfortunately itíll likely come at the expense of another playerís health or possibly at the trade deadline if we decide to move someone. But when he gets that chance heíll need to make the most of it on the defensive end and show that heís capable of fitting in on that end.

Actually it might be wise to start playing him when we have back to backs but I think right now Malone wants at least the starters to find their rhythm. Our percentages look good but the offense still goes through cold stretches pretty much every game so far.

Particularly the bench unit. They get so far away from the basket when they run their sets and anytime Plumlee gets the ball it messes up the whole flow. Idk how bad the Pacers want to keep Turner and Sabonis but one of those guys would be my prime target, mainly Sabonis but Turner has a nice skill set as well

Yes!!!!!!! Nuggets are back on Directv along with the Avs.

Malone ripped the starters for their effort in the loss last night. Hopefully they turn it around.

MPJ made his debut and had 15 points on good shooting percentages. He definitely struggled on defense though and definitely looks out of place guarding really anybody. Not enough weight to bang in the post and not fluid enough for perimeter players.

Jokic really struggled with Okafor as well. I wonder if weíll start seeing some zone defenses at some point this season because we canít switch all these pick plays and MPJ, Jokic, and Barton all struggle defending picks, Harris and Murray lack the length and strength to fight through picks and contest shots. Unless we go back to Jokic blitzing the ball handler to force him back to his original defender and scramble back to stop the roll action but Portland and San Antonio kind of exposed that in the playoffs last season.

The last few seasons Iíve wondered how juancho has been able to stick with the team. I couldnít buy that theyíd keep him just because the team loves him so much. Watching him tonight I think I finally see it. I donít think heís made a shot yet but he has a keen understanding of the rotations on the defense and does a good job of peeling off to disrupt a pass or force another pass. Still think heís real stiff and has trouble staying in front of guys but heís all heart and smarts.

MPJ with 4 points in 3 minutes, an impressive putback on his first bucket and he came close to a second but his effort forced the ball off a defender and out of bounds.

Harris had an ankle injury and didnít return, Milsap got his face cut up and didnít return after sinking his free throws. Milsap probably plays the next game while Harris misses a few.

So glad I didnít turn this game off. Largest 4th quarter comeback in history, making Embiid look like a scrub, a Jokic game winner. It had it all

The Joker......two killers in a row.

One epic comeback followed by a near epic collapse. Fortunately came out on top of both.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    One epic comeback followed by a near epic collapse. Fortunately came out on top of both.
    The good news is that team is able to win the close games and come back from adversity. Gotta love that!

Watching this team play in the first half is incredibly frustrating. Iím just going to start watching the 2nd halves from now on so I only see them play well lol