Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 726
  1. #691
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,244
    We are at an interesting point in the season right now. I truly like the Phil Jackson metric of 40 wins before 20 losses to be a real championship contender. We have the opportunity to do that tonight against the Pistons. Play up to our talent, rather than down to theirs. If we don't then we have to beat the Clips which is a toss up. C'mon Nuggs

  2. #692
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,244
    As of right now only the Bucks, Lakers, and Raptors have made it. The Nuggs and Celtics are at 39 wins(17 losses for the Celtics), and Clippers are 38-19.

  3. #693
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,230
    Thoroughly outmatched by the clippers tonight. I hope this serves as a wake up call that the current team isnít built to play these juggernauts

  4. #694
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,244
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Thoroughly outmatched by the clippers tonight. I hope this serves as a wake up call that the current team isnít built to play these juggernauts
    Man the Malone decision to not suffer through the MPJ growing pains are going to cost this team. We are at best a team that can make it to the conference finals.

  5. #695
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Man the Malone decision to not suffer through the MPJ growing pains are going to cost this team. We are at best a team that can make it to the conference finals.
    Thatís what I thought the Beasley trade was for, to create a path to consistent minutes for him. I understand wanting to get something in return for players likely to leave but we got 3 guys who donít play and have reversed course on MPJ. Hopefully that first round pick turns into something because this season is quickly tempering my aspirations for a championship in the future.

  6. #696
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,244
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Thatís what I thought the Beasley trade was for, to create a path to consistent minutes for him. I understand wanting to get something in return for players likely to leave but we got 3 guys who donít play and have reversed course on MPJ. Hopefully that first round pick turns into something because this season is quickly tempering my aspirations for a championship in the future.
    Agreed, I just don't understand what Malone thinks sometimes. For better or worse he's committed to Vets, and it caps our ceiling. Granted it lowers our floor, but the ceiling isn't good enough.

  7. #697
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,230
    Jordan McRae is getting bought out

  8. #698
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,586
    Malone sucks. Beasley put up 28 tonight.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  9. #699
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,384
    Unacceptable.

  10. #700
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,244
    MPJ had some bad defensive minutes when the floor fell out, that means Malone will panic and keep him on the bench. Instead of letting him grow early, it's late now and will cost us.

  11. #701
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,753
    Losing games you should win is all about coaching and motivating your guys. This is the NBA you canít just show up and expect to win. We have some absolutely horrible losses.

  12. #702
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,244
    Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Losing games you should win is all about coaching and motivating your guys. This is the NBA you canít just show up and expect to win. We have some absolutely horrible losses.
    This is just my perception, but I think Malone's schtick is gonna start wearing thin very soon. First players will start saying things like "We are too talented to not be going deeper in the playoffs" then we will hear about tension from the younger core about Malone sticking with vets over young guys. Finally, we will here how guys like Murray and Jokic are miffed we moved guys like Juancho and Beasley instead of getting them minutes. MPJ won't resign here, and guys will want to be moved.

  13. #703
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,230
    This team just doesnít get up for these bottom feeder teams. I hope the playoffs bring the best out of them but it wonít matter against Houston or the 2 LA teams. The Beasley trade looks worse and worse because now our depth seems depleted, thereís no spark plug there. Time to call up Jamal Crawford because our bench is so bad having a 39 year old who hasnít played all season canít be worse.

    This teams lacks an alpha dog leader that demands the best out of everyone. And we have no one on the roster who will develop into that. The way Jokic barks at officials is how he needs to be with the team. Will Barton and Monte Morris canít be the guys calling the team out, it has to come from the top of the roster.

  14. #704
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This is just my perception, but I think Malone's schtick is gonna start wearing thin very soon. First players will start saying things like "We are too talented to not be going deeper in the playoffs" then we will hear about tension from the younger core about Malone sticking with vets over young guys. Finally, we will here how guys like Murray and Jokic are miffed we moved guys like Juancho and Beasley instead of getting them minutes. MPJ won't resign here, and guys will want to be moved.
    Maybe but at this point a new coach wonít change much. Malone has developed them to be soft and that wonít be fixed with a new coach IMO. The rotations might get better but thatís about it. Although maybe a former player known for his alpha dog personality could do the trick, Kevin Garnett maybe? Thatís more novelty than substance though

    The change needs to happen organically from the players. There needs to be a tone setter like Butler or Green to get these guys to change. As such I think trading for Marcus Smart needs to be priority 1.

    And as much as it pains me to say as I think heís going to be a future HoFer, Jokic is a problem. Heís so good but we have to play at a slow pace to maximize his skill set and because of that teams are realizing they can just run us out the gym because the team isnít conditioned for a fast paced game and quite frankly they arenít good enough shooters to control the pace. They also donít get back as much because Jokic and some others are great offensive rebounders and as such our transition defense is absolutely abysmal. And even if we get a stop in transition youíre going to see Jokic have to come up and defend against a pick and roll and we will see a ton of that in the playoffs.

    I donít want to say you canít win it all with Jokic because the Mavericks beat a juggernaut with Nowitzki (similar limitations) and even worse athletes around him in Kidd, an aging Vince Carter, and an aging undersized SG in Jason Terry. So it can be done but the shooting has to be way better as well as the defensive intensity and overall conditioning.

  15. #705
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,230
    Weíre signing Troy Daniels. Good 3 point shooter if he can find a way on the court

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •