Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Just got to make your free throws and hit your open looks. But this is a young team that isnít used to the grind of an 82 game season and the playoffs after. It really showed with Morris and Beasley off the bench with how their 3 point percentages plummeted, not sure if Murray was the same story as heís always kind of inconsistent like that but itís possible. I donít think Harris or Barton ever found their rhythm after their injuries. Barton is best served as a 6th man though.

Definitely need to stop the midair passes, thatís a turnover the majority of the time in the postseason. We got beat on the boards because Jokic and Milsap are both under the rim players. Canít rely on tips to close out a possession.

Good season though, definitely put us on the map and now maybe some big FAs will seriously consider us. If not, itíll be interesting to see the addition of MPJ and if he can play the 4 spot effectively. If he can there may never be a defensive big in the paint in our halfcourt sets.

Outside of Jokic we lack a reliable scorer. That should be our biggest need to address in the offseason.

It was a good season, and even though it ended in a disappointing way I'm glad both series went to game 7 and we lost the way we did. The players will learn what it takes to continue in the postseason from this, hopefully.

So Millsap will be likely be brought back on smaller contract, and I don't know if TC will stay. After that, we have to move either the Plumlee or Barton contract. I'm not sure which FA we should go after, we need that second star. Murray is too inconsistent, and MPJ is too unknown. Someone mentioned it before, but Anthony Davis would be the perfect fit at the 4, especially if we could convince Millsap to come off the bench like the Iguadala does for GSW, it would be ideal. I just wish Rich Paul wasn't attached with AD. After that, I don't think we have a shot at Durant or Kawhi. We'd have to max Middleton or Boogie who I think we could have a legit shot at, but I don't think they solve our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Outside of Jokic we lack a reliable scorer. That should be our biggest need to address in the offseason.

It was a good season, and even though it ended in a disappointing way I'm glad both series went to game 7 and we lost the way we did. The players will learn what it takes to continue in the postseason from this, hopefully.
    Ya we are the 8th youngest team in playoff history or something like that, and that's with Millsap dragging it up. Guys need to make big strides, Murray needs consistency and improved defense, others need to improve 3 point shooting. Jokic was fantastic, he just needs to improve his fitness and footspeed. MPJ is the big wildcard, if he's special we have the chance to be next level, especially of we can add another big time option.

I kind of thought after that 4 OT game it seemed like the Blazers had more tired legs than we did. But I think we kind of under estimate the exhaustion of 14 games in two series.

Early on it seemed like the Blazers were exhausted. But clearly over the course of 48 minutes it was us. No one could hit 3ís not even wide open Murray. 11 missed free throws in a 4 point loss. It wouldnít have taken much more to overcome that and outside of McCollum I canít exactly say any Blazers ďearnedĒ the victory.

I think we just ran out of gas though. A lot of lazy passes and lazy fouls mixed with bad shooting after we built up the 17 point lead. Iím also kind of wondering if the first afternoon game messed with the teams rythm.

Itís just frustrating being that close to closing out and being up 17 at home in a game 7 and then choosing to play your worst half of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I kind of thought after that 4 OT game it seemed like the Blazers had more tired legs than we did. But I think we kind of under estimate the exhaustion of 14 games in two series.

Early on it seemed like the Blazers were exhausted. But clearly over the course of 48 minutes it was us. No one could hit 3ís not even wide open Murray. 11 missed free throws in a 4 point loss. It wouldnít have taken much more to overcome that and outside of McCollum I canít exactly say any Blazers ďearnedĒ the victory.

I think we just ran out of gas though. A lot of lazy passes and lazy fouls mixed with bad shooting after we built up the 17 point lead. Iím also kind of wondering if the first afternoon game messed with the teams rythm.

Itís just frustrating being that close to closing out and being up 17 at home in a game 7 and then choosing to play your worst half of basketball.
    I donít even think itís just the 14 games in two series. Our team aside from Milsap is used to 82 games, even less for some others. The trailblazers have been to the postseason these past few years so they are more used to that grind. Our resilience has been our calling card all season and I think we kind of burned ourselves out a bit in the regular season playing so hard.

Itíll be interesting to see Morris and Beasley next season. I donít think Morris is as good of a 3 point shooter as his regular season percentage suggests as his shot seems really flat to me, but he also isnít the 0% shooter he shot this postseason. Not sure how far Beasley fell off off the top of my head but I know it dropped considerably. And those 2 guys were huge contributors off the bench for us in the regular season to get the 2 seed.

Oh sure the freaking Blazers shoot absolutely awful last night.

Oh sure the freaking Blazers shoot absolutely awful last night.
    Ya they might legitimately be swept. Basically, we gassed them, and they dont have a matchup advantage at any spot. They popped their top, and went face first into a buzz saw.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I donít even think itís just the 14 games in two series. Our team aside from Milsap is used to 82 games, even less for some others. The trailblazers have been to the postseason these past few years so they are more used to that grind. Our resilience has been our calling card all season and I think we kind of burned ourselves out a bit in the regular season playing so hard.

Itíll be interesting to see Morris and Beasley next season. I donít think Morris is as good of a 3 point shooter as his regular season percentage suggests as his shot seems really flat to me, but he also isnít the 0% shooter he shot this postseason. Not sure how far Beasley fell off off the top of my head but I know it dropped considerably. And those 2 guys were huge contributors off the bench for us in the regular season to get the 2 seed.
    Bench cost us the series

https://twitter.com/TJMcBrideNBA/sta...356434945?s=19

Denverís bench was a disaster in the playoffs.

Look at these four-man lineups that do not feature Jokic or Murray from the playoffs.

Every one of those pairings that played more than 20 total minutes together were a net negative, if not a massive negative. https://t.co/aDE9S9p5t5

If not for otherworldly Jokic we probably lose Rd 1. That's got to change. It's why I'd try and bring Millsap back to an Iguadala like role, and get a guy like cousins at the 4.

I know the Nuggets would have done better than the Blazers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I know the Nuggets would have done better than the Blazers.
    Iím not so sure of that.

Iím not so sure of that.
    Nuggets would have got at least one home game victory

I'm not sure of that.

Didnít we give up like 148 points to them at home this year?

Didn’t we give up like 148 points to them at home this year?
    142. And we beat them at home as well. Not saying they would have won the series or even made it interesting. But they would have got 1 game.