Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    They showed him on the local sports and he's totally changed his body. He's in great shape.
    He looks great, skinnier than when he came into the NBA.

Of course now the narrative shifts to how will he be able to bang in the post. I donít think itíll hinder him getting where he wants as there arenít really any true big centers now and lets be honest his biggest threat is Anthony Davis who will get his regardless. However I do think itíll be noticeable late in games. Heís in better shape so thatíll help but banging with him in the post wonít be as physically draining as it once was. But maybe his 3 ball becomes more consistent and makes him an even more lethal pump threat.

Edit: Itís a huge boon on the defensive side too. Heís never been a bad defender, just too slow so teams tried to force him to the perimeter a lot and forced him frantically chase smaller guards or make him hedge hard and then have sprint back to his guy. Thatíll still happen especially early in this process but I think heíll be much better out on the perimeter than before and itíll slow down as we progress which will keep him fresh longer.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 06-12-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Season just ended with Joker contracting COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Season just ended with Joker contracting COVID.
    How? He'll be over it in a week.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    How? He'll be over it in a week.
    The nuggets better treat the franchise with kid gloves. No proof heíll be able to perform at NBA level in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    The nuggets better treat the franchise with kid gloves. No proof heíll be able to perform at NBA level in a week.
    Thatís what the training camp and the rest of the regular season games are for. He should still be much better than where he was to start the past few seasons given that heís lost 40 pounds as long as he doesnít revert to old habits.

But if he canít play or has to take a diminished role it could be a good thing in the long run. The rest of the team and the coaching staff desperately need to find something that works with Jokic not on the court. Murray would have to rise to the occasion but MPJ would have to get a lot more touches. And I think the rest of the regular season should be used to get Murray and MPJ going heading into the playoffs
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 06-24-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Bol Bol and Jokic are both practicing together with the team

Bol Bol looks good!
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Bol Bol looks good!
    Watching him block shots and run the floor was exciting.

Bol Bol looks good!
    We have only imagined a world where MPJ, Bol, and Jokic are on the court at the same time. Another step closer to reality.

I doubt the super tall lineup gets used much but itís an interesting wrinkle to throw at teams especially with 3-2 zone sets on defense and Bol, MPJ, Jokic, Grant, and Milsap all being capable 3 point shooters on the other end although you probably take out Milsap for Barton just to get more speed to close out on defense.

The future looks incredibly bright with Jokic, Bol, and MPJ. Way too early to make this declaration but Murray may end up being a valuable trade asset down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I doubt the super tall lineup gets used much but itís an interesting wrinkle to throw at teams especially with 3-2 zone sets on defense and Bol, MPJ, Jokic, Grant, and Milsap all being capable 3 point shooters on the other end although you probably take out Milsap for Barton just to get more speed to close out on defense.

The future looks incredibly bright with Jokic, Bol, and MPJ. Way too early to make this declaration but Murray may end up being a valuable trade asset down the road.
    I think it will be used very little if at all. We just lacked the last two games due to testing. However, why not take the time to experiment. I love how they are getting Bol minutes though. I expect next game Murray is back, and maybe even Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I think it will be used very little if at all. We just lacked the last two games due to testing. However, why not take the time to experiment. I love how they are getting Bol minutes though. I expect next game Murray is back, and maybe even Harris.
    It probably wonít get used. But itís a clever way to get our bigs on the court playing together and itís especially good that we can use this time to develop Bol Bol.

Iím not sure what his percentages were but seeing him lead a fast break and drain a pull up 3 is incredibly impressive. It was like watching a taller Kevin Durant. Malone probably wonít want to play him too much if at all but his ability to protect the rim canít be denied and at some point you almost have to let him get out there just for that, Iíd be ok with him taking Plumleeís spot in the rotation. Heís still slow to react on defense, not sure if thatís him still adjusting to the speed or if itís just preseason effort but he probably couldíve got a triple double with blocks in that first game.

If nothing else we finally have someone that can contest Boban Marjanovic

OK Nugget fans, based on what you know at this point in time, if you could only keep one would you keep Bol or MPJ?

I know we're missing some key guys but this team is annoying me. Too many fouls, too many turnovers, and getting pushed around by Miami. Sloppy.