Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2019 Colorado Rockies Thread

Super Excited for the Rockies season to start

Looks like some more of the young guys are ready to contribute having good spring training (hopefully translates to regular season), Patty Barrels looking like his 2017 self and lets hope jon gray can find his form

Lets go Rockies!!

Iím ready for the regular season. I know you canít put too much stock in spring training but if itís any indication I think the Rox are going to take a huge step back this year.

I mainly feel like after letting Ottavino walk the pen is going to be our worst ever. And could cost us in the neighborhood of 20-30 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Iím ready for the regular season. I know you canít put too much stock in spring training but if itís any indication I think the Rox are going to take a huge step back this year.

I mainly feel like after letting Ottavino walk the pen is going to be our worst ever. And could cost us in the neighborhood of 20-30 wins.
    I feel like that every spring but then someone in the bullpen seems to step up, even if it's only 1 guy. Letting Ottavino go was a huge mistake though.

I hope this is the rymac we get in regular season

Man, that Mike Trout deal at 12 years for 430 million makes me thankful the Rockies signed Arenado for much less. Especially since he's just as good and equally as important to the team.

Is Brendon Rodgers going to be our everyday starter with DJ leaving? Heís the one guy Iím really looking forward to watching develop.

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Is Brendon Rodgers going to be our everyday starter with DJ leaving? Heís the one guy Iím really looking forward to watching develop.
    No it will be Ryan McMahon/ hamspon

Saw Rockies play Isotopes in ABQ yesterday. Beautiful weather for a cool exhibition game.

Sadly, I agree with this. In looking at some of the games they played this spring, the team will put up some runs, but the pitching is atrocious.

Excited for opening day tomorrow even though we donít get a home game for a week.

I always get the first 10 games free on Sunday ticket. Though unfortunately day games I work and the ncaa tournament will also be on this weekend.

Opening Day!!!!

I cannot express enough how pissed I am at Rockies ownership that itís opening day and both Dallas Keuchal and Craig Kimbrel are still unsigned free agents.

We could easily add both an extremely solid starting arm as well as one of the best closers in the game and they are being cheap

I cannot express enough how pissed I am at Rockies ownership that itís opening day and both Dallas Keuchal and Craig Kimbrel are still unsigned free agents.

We could easily add both an extremely solid starting arm as well as one of the best closers in the game and they are being cheap
    They just showed on the tv the Rockies have the 4th longest streak in history of consecutive starters who never pitched for another team at 173. Thatís their philosophy. Although I do agree, why not grab a premier closer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    They just showed on the tv the Rockies have the 4th longest streak in history of consecutive starters who never pitched for another team at 173. Thatís their philosophy. Although I do agree, why not grab a premier closer?
    I just donít have the faith in half of the starting roster. I donít see the harm in adding a veteran presence to the rotation whose been a World Series champion.

Wow what a catch by Desmond