Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    We seem to be a team that thrives on momentum. I think we'll be alright.

Been a long time since the Avs and Nuggets were both in the 2nd round at the same time.
    Correct me if Iím wrong but I thought they said itís never happened

This is going to be interesting series. Lillard and McCollum will give us a good amount of trouble but outside of those two itís hard to see where the rest of their points will be coming from. Jokic and Millsap will get to go up against Collins, Myers, and Labissiere(?) if Kanter canít go and if he can he isnít exactly a good defensive player.

This is a series we should win but this team plays down to their competition (Portland is a damn good team in their own right) and with Lillard and McCollum that can be a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Correct me if Iím wrong but I thought they said itís never happened
    Yeah I saw that earlier, I was just trying to remember the last time it happened

Wow a little surprised and annoyed that a majority of espn staff predict the Blazers to win the series.

My guess is lilliard and McCollum will get the star treatment while the NBA still acts like we have none.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Wow a little surprised and annoyed that a majority of espn staff predict the Blazers to win the series.

My guess is lilliard and McCollum will get the star treatment while the NBA still acts like we have none.
    It wouldnít surprise me if we drop this series. Hopefully we can ride the momentum of a game 7 win tonight and not come out flat like we forgot thereís another series. Lillard and McCollum will kill us off pick and rolls. Jokic is going to have to play them aggressively without fouling. Iíll be interested in seeing if they give Murray a chance on McCollum or try to hide him on one of their role players.

Spending every night at the Pepsi Center this week and this is the series Iím most worried about. Not that they canít do it. But for some reason they hit these prolonged series of bad play/shots that will kill them in a series. Hopefully they take advantage of their matchups and abuse them down low.

Surprised to see Craig on Lillard, I expect that to change at some point, I donít think Craig is quick enough to guard him all series. I hate that weíre trying so hard to establish Milsap, heís played well but everything looks so difficult for him. Iím guessing Malone is anticipating a tight game and is trying to keep Jokic fresh to go at Kanter and his hurt shoulder later in the game.

Solid game 1.

Good win. Jokic has emerged as a superstar, unfortunately Dame is playing like the best player in the world. Will be a fun series for sure.

I know Kanter is good but Iím unsure he can keep that performance up all series. But I also donít think weíll be able to get McCollum to continue to go cold in second half. So it probably evens out a little.

Liked what I saw offensively much better in game 1. If they keep it up they should win the series. But itíll be tough to get a game in Portland. So they need to protect the Pepsi Center.

A few thoughts from someone who doesnít get to watch games a lot during the season so it may be like this all the time.

1. It seems Malone rests Murray far too long. I get long breaks in the second quarter. But if you want long breaks second half it seems he should be doing it late in the third quarter. I donít understand why we are starting fourth quarters at home with most of our bench in the game while the other teams have their starters back in. Maybe itís a strategy with the lead to try to buy extra rest. But they cut the lead to 5 before putting Murray back in around the 8-8:30 mark. It may have even been less time. I donít understand why your two best players are consistently on the bench so long in the fourth quarter. Itís been working so minor complaint. But i just donít like role players jacking up bad rushed 3ís in the fourth while Lilliard is scoring every time down the court.

2. I know last year people were not fond of the Plumlee trade. And maybe rightly so initially. But I like the high energy he brings off the bench. He doesnít score a lot but he is an extra big that makes life tough for other teams backups. Seems to me he is always bringing an energy boost along with some of the other bench. So my thoughts are late in the fourth I would like to see him stay on the court with Jokic. It seems like every time they are on the court together the defense ratchets up and they also get more offensive rebounds. It seems like they could salt games away together.

But i guess Malone is going to stick with whatís got him here all season?

Anyway loved the energy last night. Hope they keep it up because Portland will be the one to make major adjustments for game 2.

Good win. Pepsi Center was on fire! I wasn't aware that Kanter was the reincarnate of Olajuwon though. Hopefully the defense turns him back into who he really is.

I am loving the attention Jokic and Murray are getting, and they are living up to the hype right now. If Jamal can be some what consistent, Jokic can continue to be himself and stay aggressive, and we have a plan to eliminate Kanter, I can't see this series going more than 5 games. Thinking about being in the Western Conference Finals is pretty cool, and I know I am getting ahead of myself, but we are just too deep for the Blazers. Whatever happens it sure is fun to have playoff basketball in Denver, and it sure is nice to escape the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I am loving the attention Jokic and Murray are getting, and they are living up to the hype right now. If Jamal can be some what consistent, Jokic can continue to be himself and stay aggressive, and we have a plan to eliminate Kanter, I can't see this series going more than 5 games. Thinking about being in the Western Conference Finals is pretty cool, and I know I am getting ahead of myself, but we are just too deep for the Blazers. Whatever happens it sure is fun to have playoff basketball in Denver, and it sure is nice to escape the first round.
    The attention is so important. At the end of the day we are going to need some "star" calls. This should help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    The attention is so important. At the end of the day we are going to need some "star" calls. This should help with that.
    Not just that, with some of the stars available this offseason and a potential 30 mil at the expense of Milsap, this run will force those guys to legitimately consider us and not just use as a bargaining chip

Craig has a broken nose and Plumlee is drunk out there