Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73
Results 1,081 to 1,094 of 1094
  1. #1081
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,544
    Without Jokic the game is slowly slipping away from the Nuggets

  2. #1082
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,856
    Iím just not sure what the Nuggets can do to make up for Jokicís lack of athleticism on defense. I thought a springy 4 like Grant would help but with every team having a stretch 4 Iím not sure he can get over in time even when heís not guarding the top scoring option.

    I think the bench needs to be revamped, like they need to play a completely different style of offense. A guy like Whiteside could be a great defensive option. We definitely need a true scorer though, Morris is steady but will rarely change a game. Craig canít score. MPJ is hot and cold but heís a rookie who will eventually make it into the starting lineup maybe even next season. Bol Bol really lacks court awareness but he has a tantalizing ceiling. Will Barton can be that guy and I think we really miss him right now. I really like Dozier but he isnít a great scorer yet.

  3. #1083
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,275
    Well you ain't gonna beat the lakers and the refs - it's disgusting the calls we don't get and the ones they do.

  4. #1084
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,544
    Murray looks totally exhausted.

  5. #1085
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,275
    Good season future is bright maybe players will actually wanna come play here now.

  6. #1086
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,625
    Good season, but it's unfortunate to see the difference in treatment between big market teams and everyone else. Nobody wanted us in the finals, and it showed. We had our flaws, and they showed their ugly heads this series. The team has to play pretty much perfect, because we won't get the love of big market teams. I fear we didn't peak at the right time though. The team will look different, and I bet Grant joins the Lakers. LeBron openly admitted to getting Davis to LA, and the warriors are back. Nobody is saying I'll go to Denver. Unless MPJ takes a major major jump, I'm afraid we will continue to be the bride's maid and never the bride. As for FA, get the ideas of Giannis and other all stars out of the way. Even when we do get all star players like Millsap, they don't get a respectful whistle.

  7. #1087
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Good season future is bright maybe players will actually wanna come play here now.
    Probably not unfortunately

  8. #1088
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,625
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Iím just not sure what the Nuggets can do to make up for Jokicís lack of athleticism on defense. I thought a springy 4 like Grant would help but with every team having a stretch 4 Iím not sure he can get over in time even when heís not guarding the top scoring option.

    I think the bench needs to be revamped, like they need to play a completely different style of offense. A guy like Whiteside could be a great defensive option. We definitely need a true scorer though, Morris is steady but will rarely change a game. Craig canít score. MPJ is hot and cold but heís a rookie who will eventually make it into the starting lineup maybe even next season. Bol Bol really lacks court awareness but he has a tantalizing ceiling. Will Barton can be that guy and I think we really miss him right now. I really like Dozier but he isnít a great scorer yet.
    Malone won't go through the growing pains of a young player, so I'm not expecting anything soon from Bol. We won't land any big ticket FAs, and we are likely losing more than we will add. The only real answer is that Denver needs MPJ to make a massive jump, and I mean massive. Problem is any FAs that will help, we have to massively overpay for or they are swooped up into big markets. Next year guys will flock to GS or Brooklyn. Guys will take minimum style deals to play, and it's just sooo hard to compete with that.

  9. #1089
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,625
    "Asked Jerami Grant how much he wants to be a part of this team moving forward:

    "I'm definitely looking forward to it. We'll see. We'll see."

    Agreed he found his rhythm this postseason, credited his teammates for making it easy for him on the offensive end."

    He gone

  10. #1090
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Malone won't go through the growing pains of a young player, so I'm not expecting anything soon from Bol. We won't land any big ticket FAs, and we are likely losing more than we will add. The only real answer is that Denver needs MPJ to make a massive jump, and I mean massive. Problem is any FAs that will help, we have to massively overpay for or they are swooped up into big markets. Next year guys will flock to GS or Brooklyn. Guys will take minimum style deals to play, and it's just sooo hard to compete with that.
    Can we win anything with Jokic? Aside from his defensive frailties, he slows everything down which makes things much harder in transition. We have to pick the lock every time.

  11. #1091
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,625
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Can we win anything with Jokic? Aside from his defensive frailties, he slows everything down which makes things much harder in transition. We have to pick the lock every time.
    It all depends. Either Murray or Jokic needs to get the superstar whistle. Then they can't play other previously established superstars. If it's a superstar vs superstar call, it will go to the established or big market guy. Things also need to break right with rotation guys. We will never be able to add an elite guy in FA, so eventually we will need to push the chips in for a superstar to help.

  12. #1092
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,614
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Can we win anything with Jokic? Aside from his defensive frailties, he slows everything down which makes things much harder in transition. We have to pick the lock every time.
    I disagree Joker slows down the offense. We can and have ran with Joker in the past. He's one of the best outlet passers in the NBA as well as having the ability to bring the ball up. IMO it's Malone not Joker dictating the speed. The Showtime Lakers ran even with Kareem in his later years barely making it to half court.

    Can we win with Joker? He's already won more playoff games and series than Melo.

    IMO we need a new and improved Paul MIlsap. It isn't our lack of speed, it's our lack of muscle. The Lakers bigs look like a bunch of weight lifters compared to the Nuggets. You can't even see MPJ if he stands behind Dwight.

  13. #1093
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,625
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I disagree Joker slows down the offense. We can and have ran with Joker in the past. He's one of the best outlet passers in the NBA as well as having the ability to bring the ball up. IMO it's Malone not Joker dictating the speed. The Showtime Lakers ran even with Kareem in his later years barely making it to half court.

    Can we win with Joker? He's already won more playoff games and series than Melo.

    IMO we need a new and improved Paul MIlsap. It isn't our lack of speed, it's our lack of muscle. The Lakers bigs look like a bunch of weight lifters compared to the Nuggets. You can't even see MPJ if he stands behind Dwight.
    I think the time of Millsap is over, unless he is willing to come off the bench

  14. #1094
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,614
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I think the time of Millsap is over, unless he is willing to come off the bench
    I feel the same way. I like Milsap and he's a good teammate and leader but like you say, it's his time. IMO we need a tough guy, enforcer more than anything else.

    I also thought Malone should have played Bol a little. There was a good chance he'd just get pushed around but there's also a chance his length would have messed with some Lakers bigs. I would have played him a few minutes to see which would happen and I definitely would have had Bol defending the inbound pass at the end of game 2 where AD hit the game winner. Bol's wing span is 8-9 inches longer than Joker and IMO it should be automatic that Bol defends the inbound passer at the end of game situations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •