Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Looking at the roster guys, what do you think we try to do in the off-season ? Surely with this little run we are having, the media attention we are getting, and the promise the young guys are showing, surely we are becoming a more attractive location for free agents ? I would love to get a backup big who is a little more consistent than Plumlee, or a consistent small forward who offers a little more consistency than Barton. No idea who is available, but moving the contract of Barton needs to be pursued.
    I doubt Barton gets moved and Im not entirely sure Id want him moved. I think were starting to see him get readjusted to his role off the bench and hes actually giving us quality minutes on the defensive end. Plumlee, well we are stuck with him until his contract ends. I doubt anyone wants his contract.

Millsap has a 30 mil team option this offseason. I cant imagine us picking that up even though I think hes been an invaluable glue guy during this playoff run. Maybe we bring him back and try to get a mid level player like Bullock or Mirotic, or we can try to go and get Butler, Middleton, or Julius Randle as all 3 have player options but wed have to do a bit more to afford them.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 05-06-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Looking at the roster guys, what do you think we try to do in the off-season ? Surely with this little run we are having, the media attention we are getting, and the promise the young guys are showing, surely we are becoming a more attractive location for free agents ? I would love to get a backup big who is a little more consistent than Plumlee, or a consistent small forward who offers a little more consistency than Barton. No idea who is available, but moving the contract of Barton needs to be pursued.
    I'd imagine we wouldnt pick up Millsap's option, but would try and keep him at the MLE. We will try and move on from Plumlee's contract. This would free us for a Max contract I think. You try for a guy like Durant or Leonard, but we won't get them. I would say Middleton is a very Denver esque player, and could see that match. Perhaps, you try and poach Klay away from GS. Boogie would be an intriguing fit at the 4, which he says he prefers, and has the Malone connection.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I doubt Barton gets moved and Im not entirely sure Id want him moved. I think were starting to see him get readjusted to his role off the bench and hes actually giving us quality minutes on the defensive end. Plumlee, well we are stuck with him until his contract ends. I doubt anyone wants his contract.

Millsap has a 30 mil team option this offseason. I cant imagine us picking that up even though I think hes been an invaluable glue guy during this playoff run. Maybe we bring him back and try to get a mid level player like Bullock or Mirotic, or we can try to go and get Butler, Middleton, or Julius Randle as all 3 have player options but wed have to do a bit more to afford them.
    I think the Plumlee contract is moveable, but it will probably cost us a 1st and Beasley, which I think we would be ok with since we won't be able to pay him what he will get on the market.

I'm going to the game tonight. So pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I'm going to the game tonight. So pumped!
    Me too!! Enjoy, and be very loud!!

I cannot wait to see how this game plays out. I feel if we can hold home court here, we are going to the Western Conference Finals, and hopefully against Houston. And allow me to get way too far ahead of myself, but I give us an outside chance in that match up.

As fun as this has been I kind of wish we had won a semi close won and saved this performance for Sunday.

Though preferably Sunday wont be necessary.

Looks like our starters will be able to get a little extra rest. Theyre going to need it to close this thing out in game 6 because Portland will come out swinging back in front of their home crowd.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 05-07-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Man its really hard not to feel like this is our best season since Melo left and Billups retired. But its going to be hard to close out Dame and McCollum.

They rested the entire fourth quarter and our backups prevented us from being able to match their rest with our starters. I dont hate Plumlee as much as many but man he was awful last night.

We obviously proved we can win in Portland but they are going to need to be on fire. I expect dame and CJ could go off for 60-70 combined. But we need to keep the role players from killing us.

If we cant close them out tomorrow then hopefully we match last nights performance Sunday.

That kind of play they had last night, if sustained, gets them to the NBA finals. I always felt they would lose the next round anyways to either Houston or GS. But they unlocked something last night that no team can beat. Total domination.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I think the Plumlee contract is moveable, but it will probably cost us a 1st and Beasley, which I think we would be ok with since we won't be able to pay him what he will get on the market.
    Id hate to give up Beasley. I think hes an offseason away from taking a huge leap. If he can work on his ball handling he can be incredible.

On the flip side, if we could entice the Pelicans into a deal for Davis Id be ok with Beasley being included in that. Not sure how the money works (which is why I dont put Harris or Barton in this) but if theyd take Millsap, Beasley, and a bevy of developmental prospects not named Michael Porter Jr. Id be excited but we dont have very much in terms of draft capital to pull it off. But man would Davis be a perfect compliment to Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Id hate to give up Beasley. I think hes an offseason away from taking a huge leap. If he can work on his ball handling he can be incredible.

On the flip side, if we could entice the Pelicans into a deal for Davis Id be ok with Beasley being included in that. Not sure how the money works (which is why I dont put Harris or Barton in this) but if theyd take Millsap, Beasley, and a bevy of developmental prospects not named Michael Porter Jr. Id be excited but we dont have very much in terms of draft capital to pull it off. But man would Davis be a perfect compliment to Jokic
    My only problem with Davis is Rich Paul coming along with him. I honestly want no part of that drama. Davis would be sweet, but I think Cousins is more likely given the Malone connection.

I think we will close out Portland in Portland, I am confident in this team right now for the first time in a long time. Barton has found some consistency after going back to the bench, Millsap is giving us solid minutes, Murray and Jokic are handling business, and Harris has been great. It would be great to get a solid contribution from one of Beasley, Morris, or Plumlee, and if we do move on we will have no chance unless 1 of them guys emerges. I just love that this media obsession with Dame is quickly fading, at least amongst those watching him be a non-factor now for the better part of 3 of the last 5 games. I can't get over the fact though that we should be resting right now for the Western Conference Finals, we were up 4 with 30 seconds left in over-time, damnit.

Thought we were actually determined to close this out and then the backups came in and screwed everything up.

They better bring it in game 7