Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It could happen. Green was suspended during the NBA finals. His play was dirty but to me throwing a ball at a ref is worse.
    It ends up being a 25K fine. The backlash from the Green suspension is why I think he didnít get suspended.

However I do think the NBA needs to send a message about how the refs are being treated. From Derozan throwing a ball at a red to the Nets GM entering the refs locker room, I donít think a strong enough message is being sent. I know then officiating has been horrible in a lot of these games but thatís to be expected because the NBA continues to preferential treatment to star players and their teams in general. In game 4 at one point the Spurs had 16 free throws to our 4 and the whole series has pretty much been that way. However that could be because Jokic has developed a reputation as a flopper amongst the officials.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It ends up being a 25K fine. The backlash from the Green suspension is why I think he didnít get suspended.

However I do think the NBA needs to send a message about how the refs are being treated. From Derozan throwing a ball at a red to the Nets GM entering the refs locker room, I donít think a strong enough message is being sent. I know then officiating has been horrible in a lot of these games but thatís to be expected because the NBA continues to preferential treatment to star players and their teams in general. In game 4 at one point the Spurs had 16 free throws to our 4 and the whole series has pretty much been that way. However that could be because Jokic has developed a reputation as a flopper amongst the officials.
    I think it was also only a fine because he didnít hit the official. Iíd imagine if he had been closer range and actually beaned the official it absolutely wouldíve resulted in suspension. $25k for just throwing it near him is probably sufficient penalty.

Would you guys start Craig again in game 5? I love the energy that Craig brings and I do believe that the way he crashes the glass on offense causes San Antonio to speed up and play a faster pace more suited to us but I think Popovich will make some adjustments and you canít expect Craig to shoot that well from 3 again. I just hope Malone doesnít continue to be a step behind Popovich in this series.

Iíd go with Beasley as the starter because he brings a lot of the same energy but is a more consistent shooter from deep and offers more versatility on offense. Hes a solid defender as well albeit not as good as Craig yet. I do believe that Barton can carry the load for the bench even though he still shot poorly despite making all his 3s (I believe). He should have more confidence and we are at home, plus as Malone more or less said in his post game interview, Barton plays better as a primary scoring option. He just isnít a spot up shooter like Beasley, Harris, or even Craig at times. Heís so much better at creating for himself than being the receipient of someone else creating for him.

On a draft related note, do any of yíall think we try to get Jontay Porter here? I think heís still projected as a late first round pick but with injuries being a real issue for his family (both sisters are ďmedically retiredĒ as well as MPJ and his back issues) he might slide to us in the 2nd. If healthy and thatís a big if he could be an ideal backup to Jokic as a stretch 5.

Would you guys start Craig again in game 5? I love the energy that Craig brings and I do believe that the way he crashes the glass on offense causes San Antonio to speed up and play a faster pace more suited to us but I think Popovich will make some adjustments and you can’t expect Craig to shoot that well from 3 again. I just hope Malone doesn’t continue to be a step behind Popovich in this series.

I’d go with Beasley as the starter because he brings a lot of the same energy but is a more consistent shooter from deep and offers more versatility on offense. Hes a solid defender as well albeit not as good as Craig yet. I do believe that Barton can carry the load for the bench even though he still shot poorly despite making all his 3s (I believe). He should have more confidence and we are at home, plus as Malone more or less said in his post game interview, Barton plays better as a primary scoring option. He just isn’t a spot up shooter like Beasley, Harris, or even Craig at times. He’s so much better at creating for himself than being the receipient of someone else creating for him.

On a draft related note, do any of y’all think we try to get Jontay Porter here? I think he’s still projected as a late first round pick but with injuries being a real issue for his family (both sisters are “medically retired” as well as MPJ and his back issues) he might slide to us in the 2nd. If healthy and that’s a big if he could be an ideal backup to Jokic as a stretch 5.
    I would still start Craig, the only thing they can do to change up the game plan and stop the 3's is to stop doubling Jokic. If they continue doubling him the rotations will leave one guy open. Last game it was Craig. Craig gives us size and defense where he can pick up anyone but the 5 so I would stick with him.

I think Barton compounds the consistency issues with Harris and Murray when he is in the game with them. I think the stability and solid, non-erratic style of play Graig brings helps keep things calm out there. I would also stick with Graig as the starter, and I think long-term, as long as we are stuck with Bartons contract, he needs to be coming off of the bench. He earned his place in the NBA, and that stupidly rich contract by producing off the bench, that should be his role moving forward with the team in my opinion.

Big lead mid way through the 3rd, just got to keep our foot on their throat

Barton literally said ďIím back babyĒ. This is probably his best game of the series so far, hopefully he brings it next game too
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 04-23-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Barton literally said “I’m back baby”. This is probably his best game of the series so far, hopefully he brings it next game too
    He is working so well off of the bench. Craig and Harris starting is allowing Denver to lock down DeRozen and white better than when Barton is starting. The team looks like it is finally looking like the 2 seed. Hopefully they finish the series off next game and keep this momentum going.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

I was disappointed to get home from work and find out this was the third game of the series on nBa TV. Which i donít get in the base directv package. Itís been an extremely frustrating series from that standpoint.

Glad they won though and Murray has been much better the last two games.

Tomorrow night tip is the same time as the draft. Iíll probably record Nuggets until after the Broncos pick. Then stream the draft on my iPad.

Iím not as confident about Portland as i was two weeks ago.

Popovic will be the difference Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Popovic will be the difference Saturday
    Probabaly best if the Nuggets don't advance. They would get swept by Portland........
    Wasted season

Honestly I wasnít too upset with the loss. I expected for us to be blown out, but I expected the game would never be close. We battled back after getting down early and traded baskets with them for awhile. I think game 7 will be real close, but I think we can pull it out. I doubt Derozan shoots that well again and same goes for Gay. But Mills probably wonít go 0-7 again either from 3.

Our bench just couldnít keep us in it which was a little surprising considering how well theyíve played all season. I think theyíll play much better or at least I expect Morris to play better as nothing ever seems too big for him and I expect Beasley to play a lot more aggressively at home, I just hope he can finish better at the basket because no one has been able to keep up with him off the dribble. Hopefully Barton gets it going back at home. And of course Jamal Murray has to make more baskets, canít have him getting 16 points on 18 shots while Harris gets 14 points on 8 shots.

Pop already made his adjustments for game 6 and itíll be more of the same in game 7. Bertans is out of the lineup and theyíre in full on attack mode. Just have to stick to Forbes and Gay on the 3 pt line and stay in front of them when they drive. The refs didnít call a ton of fouls but thatíll change in game 7, we canít let them double our amount of free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Probabaly best if the Nuggets don't advance. They would get swept by Portland........
    Wasted season
    Portland is an easier contest than Spurs IMO. I actually think the opposite. We get past Popavich and we could sweep Portland. We are a matchup nightmare for Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Portland is an easier contest than Spurs IMO. I actually think the opposite. We get past Popavich and we could sweep Portland. We are a matchup nightmare for Portland.
    Ya especially without Nurkic. This will be a big experience for our young guys. Hopefully , they don't get in their own heads for an elimination game 7.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Ya especially without Nurkic. This will be a big experience for our young guys. Hopefully , they don't get in their own heads for an elimination game 7.
    And Kanter might possibly miss some time as well and if he does play he would likely be hindered.