Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    He was in the 230s in college. I'm not a doctor, and each case is different, bit 206 is way too light to be successful.
    Possibly but most injuries these taller athletes suffer are due to their body not being able to handle the force they exert on themselves and in todayís NBA with all the pace and space play he will have to put a lot of force on his legs. This injury was reported as a navicular stress fracture which according to the article I read is very rare even for athletes.

While playing at a heavier weight will allow him to be stronger on both sides of the ball I think itíll greatly hinder his ability to stay on the court. I do think he needs to get stronger and luckily he seems to have a good bit of baby fat that he can work into muscle but I also believe he will still need to play on a minutes cap (20-25) and maybe get more rest days instead of practice (or biking instead of running to build stamina) throughout his career or else heíll likely be done in 4-6 years due to injuries or at least a shell of what he could be.

So we didn't do anything in FA which is ok... but we gave Murray a 5 year max extension.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    So we didn't do anything in FA which is ok... but we gave Murray a 5 year max extension.

Ugh.
    After picking up Milsaps option we only had $9 mil to spend. Iím not sure why fans are so upset we arenít making any big moves. Who exactly was going to come here for $9 mil this year when nba is handing out $25+\year contracts like candy?

Might as weíll at least lock up our second best player.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    After picking up Milsaps option we only had $9 mil to spend. Iím not sure why fans are so upset we arenít making any big moves. Who exactly was going to come here for $9 mil this year when nba is handing out $25+\year contracts like candy?

We do have some pretty valuable trade exceptions that we could possibly use to acquire a solid bench piece. I think the biggest one expires on July 6th so maybe something gets done there

I wasn't complaining about them not doing anything in FA...

Murray isn't a max player to me.

I wasn't complaining about them not doing anything in FA...

Murray isn't a max player to me.
    Meh. Tristan Thompson got a max contract for riding Lebrons coattails. It doesnít bother me. And it was a cheaper max contract than some of these other stars are getting.

I think we got a steal on Murrayís deal

Meh. Tristan Thompson got a max contract for riding Lebrons coattails. It doesnít bother me. And it was a cheaper max contract than some of these other stars are getting.

I think we got a steal on Murrayís deal
    Murray's not a star. It's very comparable to the Tristan Thompson contract. Jamal is wildly inconsistent and disappears way too much to be a star.

Murray's not a star. It's very comparable to the Tristan Thompson contract. Jamal is wildly inconsistent and disappears way too much to be a star.
    I donít think heís worth a max either but a lot of players especially young players eligible for an extension off their rookie contract will get these offers e.g. Andrew Wiggins. Murray may never gain that consistency that he needs to be a superstar but this was only his 3rd season so heís still very young and PGs generally take a bit of time to develop. Who wouldíve though DeAngelo Russell would become a max player? Murray shown that he has the ability to be a deadly closer though and thatís very valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don’t think he’s worth a max either but a lot of players especially young players eligible for an extension off their rookie contract will get these offers e.g. Andrew Wiggins. Murray may never gain that consistency that he needs to be a superstar but this was only his 3rd season so he’s still very young and PGs generally take a bit of time to develop. Who would’ve though DeAngelo Russell would become a max player? Murray shown that he has the ability to be a deadly closer though and that’s very valuable.
    It is true that he's still really young, and it may turn out to be a brilliant move in the future. I don't think he's really a PG either, though.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Not going to disagree with any of your points as Iíve voiced those concerns on here many times myself.

I see it as like Beastly said. He is young and I think the Nuggets chose to pay assuming the potential they think he will continue to grow into. And if he does itís a major steal on pay. If he continues to disappear causing us to bow out early every year then itís bad money spent.

Not going to disagree with any of your points as Iíve voiced those concerns on here many times myself.

I see it as like Beastly said. He is young and I think the Nuggets chose to pay assuming the potential they think he will continue to grow into. And if he does itís a major steal on pay. If he continues to disappear causing us to bow out early every year then itís bad money spent.
    Let's hope it works out.

I was telling my wife that basketball is the game if you want to be super rich. Heck, a good canuck like Murray would make absolute max $13M per year, if he went the hockey route. But here's a 22 year old making $34M per, and he's not even a big star! What a concept!!!

I can't wait to see what RJ Barrett will make, if he progresses as he should. He will very likely be Canada's richest sports dude, if all goes well.

Lillard just signed a 4 year $194 million supermax extension with Portland, so now I don't feel so bad about Murray's contract.

MPJ sprained his knee in practice, and will not play in summer league

Lillard just signed a 4 year $194 million supermax extension with Portland, so now I don't feel so bad about Murray's contract.
    I thought that was done last Sunday? Thatís one of the people I was referring to the other day when i said Murrayís contract isnít that bad.