Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    So with the Kawhi/PG move, man it's going to be tough for the Nuggets. I think we will be better with growth from the kids, but I could still see a 5 or 6 seed.

LAC
    Jazz
    HOU
    GSW
    POR
    DEN
    LAL
    SAS

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    So with the Kawhi/PG move, man it's going to be tough for the Nuggets. I think we will be better with growth from the kids, but I could still see a 5 or 6 seed.

LAC
    Jazz
    HOU
    GSW
    POR
    DEN
    LAL
    SAS
    I mostly agree. I think Houston will be worse and also warriors wonít have Klay so they probably let finish at a lower seed. Also think lakers might be a lot higher. But i do think nuggets will take a step back without it being because they are any worse. I think west just got a lot tougher.

Apparently we are showing interest in bringing Iguodala in. I personally would prefer to go with what we have, although I wouldn't complain if we could dump Barton somehow. I don't want to watch him for another season here in Denver in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Apparently we are showing interest in bringing Iguodala in. I personally would prefer to go with what we have, although I wouldn't complain if we could dump Barton somehow. I don't want to watch him for another season here in Denver in all honesty.
    I want nothing to do with Iguodala after the bs he pulled here before going to the warriors.

I think Barton will be better next season but if we could package him and Plumlee/Milsap for then Iíd be intrigued. But the salaries are too big to do that for diminishing players and make us a definitively better team. Although I wouldnít be opposed to Andrew Wiggins for Barton straight up just because I think Wiggins would benefit more from Maloneís style of coaching and he has the athleticism to be a dynamic slasher vs the iso player he was billed as.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post

LAC
    Jazz
    HOU
    GSW
    POR
    DEN
    LAL
    SAS
    Iíd say anywhere from 2-8 for us. I think the Clippers should be the favorite for the top seed. Houston could top them for it or they could blow up, very tense atmosphere with that team.

Lakers will probably finish top 4 but AD isnít the model of health and with LeBron creeping up there in age I think last season may start to become more the norm although I wouldnít be surprised if he came out and looked like he was 26 again either. Golden State looks poised to fall off a bit, but I really like the addition of Russell and they can still be a top 4 seed especially if Klay can come back.

I donít think the Jazz got that much better with Conley, I think theyíre pretty much the same team next season. I feel the same way about Portland although Collins improving will be huge for them. The Spurs are the Spurs and will be a well coached gritty team but I donít think they improve their record that much.

Ultimately Iíd say we finish 4th or 5th but I think our record will stay the same give or take a few wins. I still worry about the lack of length between Murray, Harris, Beasley, and Morris. I think thereís room for one or possibly two of those guys on a championship team but I donít think the whole guard rotation can lack that much length if they arenít elite scorers.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Iíd say anywhere from 2-8 for us. I think the Clippers should be the favorite for the top seed. Houston could top them for it or they could blow up, very tense atmosphere with that team.

Lakers will probably finish top 4 but AD isnít the model of health and with LeBron creeping up there in age I think last season may start to become more the norm although I wouldnít be surprised if he came out and looked like he was 26 again either. Golden State looks poised to fall off a bit, but I really like the addition of Russell and they can still be a top 4 seed especially if Klay can come back.

I donít think the Jazz got that much better with Conley, I think theyíre pretty much the same team next season. I feel the same way about Portland although Collins improving will be huge for them. The Spurs are the Spurs and will be a well coached gritty team but I donít think they improve their record that much.

Ultimately Iíd say we finish 4th or 5th but I think our record will stay the same give or take a few wins. I still worry about the lack of length between Murray, Harris, Beasley, and Morris. I think thereís room for one or possibly two of those guys on a championship team but I donít think the whole guard rotation can lack that much length if they arenít elite scorers.
    I think the additions of Conley and Bojan was a massive upgrade for the the Jazz. I think they became a viable 1 seed candidate.

I think the Lakers are being massively overhyped. AD is injury prone, and like you said LeBrons age is catching up. LeBron's defense is starting to slip in both effort and athleticism.

Oklahoma City Is trading F Jerami Grant to Denver for a 2020 first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Oklahoma City Is trading F Jerami Grant to Denver for a 2020 first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN
    And rescind the qualifying offer for Trey Lyles. Grant shot 39% from 3 last season in a career year, the season before he shot 29% from 3. Which version of Grant will we see here?

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    And rescind the qualifying offer for Trey Lyles. Grant shot 39% from 3 last season in a career year, the season before he shot 29% from 3. Which version of Grant will we see here?
    Probably the old version, but we can dump Lyles now. Grant is also a good defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Probably the old version, but we can dump Lyles now. Grant is also a good defender.
    Idk what happened to Lyles last season, he filled in admirably when Milsap was out the year prior.

Grant seems to be an every other year player as far as his 3 point percentage going from 31% his rookie year, down to 24% the next, then back up to 37%, and down to 29% before shooting 39% this year. Maybe he settles in at 33% this year? Or he could actually be a really good shooter but because Westbrook isnít a good passer his percentage dipped in year 2 with OKC. Doesnít really explain this past season though.

I like the acquisition though because he can slide down a spot or move up a spot in small ball lineups. It does make me wonder about Juancho and his future here though. Juancho can be a knockdown shooter when heís healthy but he canít stay healthy

The Warriors just gave Shaun Livingstone his wings and he is available to play for another team. Do you think The Nuggets could use a six man like Livingstone. I believe they could. And he could help develop Murray into a quality point guard! But, in order to do that they would have to let go of someone; how about Barton - he could find a home with another team. Bottom line results, Livingstone for Barton a no brainer for the Nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by jrod48 View Post
    The Warriors just gave Shaun Livingstone his wings and he is available to play for another team. Do you think The Nuggets could use a six man like Livingstone. I believe they could. And he could help develop Murray into a quality point guard! But, in order to do that they would have to let go of someone; how about Barton - he could find a home with another team. Bottom line results, Livingstone for Barton a no brainer for the Nuggets.
    Cap wise I donít think itíll work. But heíd be a great veteran for the young stable of guards who is a crafty midrange guy and provides length to a group that is lacking in that department.

Weíre probably not going to make any more changes until the trade deadline when guys like Milsap, Plumlee, and Barton become more valuable to fringe teams and teams looking for expiring contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Westbrook was just traded to Houston for CP3. With the moves that other teams in the west have made this offseason, it's going to be very hard for the Nuggets to compete for a high seed. At this point they may slide back to 5 or 6; maybe even 7.

Well the 76ers are giving Simmons a max contract without any semblance of a jump shot. As much as Murray may infuriate me with his inconsistent shooting and tendency to shy away from contact, at least he understands spacing. The 6ers are gambling big time with their money all in on an aging Horford, an injury prone Embiid, the next Danny Granger in Harris, and a non shooting PG. I can see them blowing this team up in a few seasons

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Westbrook was just traded to Houston for CP3. With the moves that other teams in the west have made this offseason, it's going to be very hard for the Nuggets to compete for a high seed. At this point they may slide back to 5 or 6; maybe even 7.
    A higher seed sounds nice but I donít think itíll matter in this conference. And this young inexperienced Nuggets team stole some games on the road, Iím confident theyíll make a strong run regardless of the seeding. We might even lose in the first round but I know itíll be a hard fought series.