Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
    Gerald Green is getting waived

Best record this late in the season in franchise history. Great comeback win.

Nuggets are 15-11 when trailing by double digits, best in the NBA. Pretty impressive. Gotta love the resiliency.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    Nuggets are 15-11 when trailing by double digits, best in the NBA. Pretty impressive. Gotta love the resiliency.
    Yes, but they need to get MPJ more involved. If he can stay healthy, he could be the piece that takes them over the top.

It is impressive but at the same time that’s 26 games where we had to come back from double digits. And it feels like most of these games come against teams we should blow out, not sure what the actual numbers are for that but this is definitely a team that wants to hit a switch to be great. If they could play with that energy they play with when they’re making these comebacks all the time they wouldn’t have get down like this. They’d probably have the best record in the West if not the entire NBA to be honest.

But that’s not the case and this team really struggles with fast paced teams which is something I never thought I’d say about the Nuggets. And aside from Jokic this team really should have much better fast break defense than what it has because they’re athletic enough to get back and make things difficult. They just don’t usually because they’re complaining to the ref or laying on the court and too often they look to just foul to stop a break rather than getting back and communicating. How Malone has not corrected this already I have no idea because it should be the biggest pet peeve of any coach that emphasizes defense.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    It is impressive but at the same time that’s 26 games where we had to come back from double digits. And it feels like most of these games come against teams we should blow out, not sure what the actual numbers are for that but this is definitely a team that wants to hit a switch to be great. If they could play with that energy they play with when they’re making these comebacks all the time they wouldn’t have get down like this. They’d probably have the best record in the West if not the entire NBA to be honest.

But that’s not the case and this team really struggles with fast paced teams which is something I never thought I’d say about the Nuggets. And aside from Jokic this team really should have much better fast break defense than what it has because they’re athletic enough to get back and make things difficult. They just don’t usually because they’re complaining to the ref or laying on the court and too often they look to just foul to stop a break rather than getting back and communicating. How Malone has not corrected this already I have no idea because it should be the biggest pet peeve of any coach that emphasizes defense.
    It's crazy that it is the sub 500 teams that cause us the most trouble. I think I saw Denver has the best record against teams over 500 also. The team had come out slow so many times and either the bench or starters kill us in the first half.

The other night against the spurs it wasn't until the third quarter when the bench came in that they seemed to start playing with intensity. The starters followed that energy and closed the game. But I will say that the bench looks better without Plumlee

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

The Phil Jackson theory that in order to be a real championship contender you need to have 40 wins before 20 loses. Nuggs are in good shape in this department. Beating the Lakers, with LeBron, will be good momentum going into the break.

Yeah, it is worrisome that the Nuggets have found themselves in such big deficits that many times, especially, for a good team.

Hopefully, they can get healthy during the All Star break, come back, and put together a strong finish heading towards the playoffs.

I don't know what Jokic was thinking at the end, there. He's gotta take that shot.

Another loss in a game we could have had.

I don't know what Jokic was thinking at the end, there. He's gotta take that shot.

Another loss in a game we could have had.
    Yep, they lack that killer instinct.

Another slow start against OKC. What is the deal? Turnovers, no one scoring aside from Jokic....c'mon.

Murray's leg bending didn't look good. Hope he's ok. Losing him would be a huge hit to take.

Way too many turnovers. 13 already, I think, in the first half. Sloppy. Have to clean that up in the second half.

The Nuggets are their own worst enemy. The fact that they're tied at the half considering how poorly they played is proof of that.

Mike Malone has got to find a way to avoid the slow starts. They’re going to run out of gas having to exert so much effort in the regular season just trying to make these comebacks.

Force Jokic to establish himself early posting up and being aggressive. He’s on the other end of the NBA cycle, post defense isn’t nearly as good as years past and his post game is the best in the NBA. Get into the dribble hand off/pick and roll/pop stuff in the 2nd/3rd quarters and back to posting up in the 4th. And for the love of all things holy find some money plays for the bench unit. Stop trying to make Plumlee into Jokic he can’t do it, he’s just an energy guy.