Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Time to Show More Class

I have been an Emmanuel Sanders fan for a long time. I was really upset with his penalty last Sunday. This was a penalty that ultimately cost the Broncos the game. My opinion of Sanders has gone downhill as a result.

There was simply no need for his taunting. Then- it turned out he had not scored the TD that he was taunting about. He looked like a fool and it was a disgraceful act. The 15 yard penalty led to losing 4 points, and ultimately the game.

You didn’t see John Elway point at people and get in their face when he scored. You didn’t see Walter Peyton talk trash. You saw both of them behave like champions- because they were. You saw them play with class.

The biggest taunt of all is to win the game..and score points. Act like you’ve been in the winner's circle before- because you have.

Let’s face it- right now we are not a good football team. We need to focus on the very basics- not taunting. Win with class. Taunting focuses on an individual - and not on the team.

As a Bronco fan- I expect and deserve better.
    Last edited by RickR; 10-16-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickR View Post
    I have been an Emmanuel Sanders fan for a long time. I was really upset with his penalty last Sunday. This was a penalty that ultimately cost the Broncos the game. My opinion of Sanders has gone downhill as a result.

There was simply no need for his taunting. Then- it turned out he had not scored the TD that he was taunting about. He looks like a fool and it was a disgraceful act. The 15 yard penalty led to losing 4 points, and ultimately the game.

You didnít see John Elway point at people and get in their face when he scored. You didnít see Walter Peyton talk trash. You saw both of them behave like champions- because they were. You saw them play with class.

The biggest taunt of all is to win the game..and score points. Act like youíve been in the winner's circle before- because you have.

Letís face it- right now we are not a good football team. We need to focus on the very basics- not taunting. Win with class. Taunting focuses on an individual - and not on the team.

Yuppers.

This kind of stuff has been a trend under VJ.

Seems like they keep finding new and creative ways to lose games

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    I think he only got the flag because he got in the guyís face.

Iím sure players have gotten away with worse.

Iím not a fan of the bad sportsmanship that is allowed to go unchecked, but itís not unusual for that stuff to be overlooked.

Sanders just made it a little too easy for the refs to throw the flag by getting too close to the defender.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I think he only got the flag because he got in the guyís face.

Iím sure players have gotten away with worse.

Iím not a fan of the bad sportsmanship that is allowed to go unchecked, but itís not unusual for that stuff to be overlooked.

Sanders just made it a little too easy for the refs to throw the flag by getting too close to the defender.
    It's pretty ridiculous to taunt a player from an unbeaten team, when you're 2-3 and riding a 3 game losing streak. Especially when it could hurt an offense that's struggled to score points all year.

I get it, Sanders was just having fun, the Rams player was probably laughing. But still, it's completely fitting for this team, every week we we ask "who's going to mess up and lose the game for us this week?"

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    This kind of stuff has been a trend under VJ.

Seems like they keep finding new and creative ways to lose games
    a players coach means a loose locker room and soft practices. No surprises here what so ever. Funny how all the thirsty to win players were sent packing, especially on Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    It's pretty ridiculous to taunt a player from an unbeaten team, when you're 2-3 and riding a 3 game losing streak. Especially when it could hurt an offense that's struggled to score points all year.

I get it, Sanders was just having fun, the Rams player was probably laughing. But still, it's completely fitting for this team, every week we we ask "who's going to mess up and lose the game for us this week?"
    It reminds me of the Von Miller penalty v Buffalo last year. He was probably just having a good time (Miller definitely was) but you did something stupid that allowed the officials the opportunity to misunderstand what you were doing and flag you for it.

That's lack of discipline, that's doing the little things poorly. Compete as hard as you can between the whistles, once the play is over go back to your own huddle, don't talk to the opponent, and NEVER help them up from the ground. It's not about poor sportsmanship, it's about making that player use his own energy to get himself up after every hit.

When the game is over go be their best friends, but from kickoff until final whistle, you don't know them...barring a major injury.

Pretending the NFL hasn't had trash talkers (and that this is some new trend under VJ) is a complete joke.

My issue with it was that VJ and the players were condoling him after the penalty.

They should have been ripping him a new one. VJ should have sat his butt down and the players should have been in his face.

That was beyond trash talking.

We don't know what the Rams player said to him though. Regardless, next time he needs to ensure that it's a definite TD before taunting.

I hate to say it, but Kiszla is right. Here's what he said about the difference between VJ vs. Bill Parcells or Mike Shanahan concerning Sanders' taunting penalty:

In the same situation, Bill Parcells would have given the offending player a stare that could melt steel. If Mike Shanahan were still coaching the Broncos, that vein in his neck would have bulged in anger as his face turned as red as Mars.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2018/10/1...h-mark-kiszla/

I agree, show some class and sportsmanship.
    I noticed that the players after they made a stop on defense, we're all dancing around acting arrogant.
    They we're losing the game at the time, and they have a losing record, they should be a little more humble. It seems we have a problem with attitude on our team.
    It needs to be cleaned up immediately.

Agree totally. The leader has to model the culture that he expects.

Quote Originally Posted by RickR View Post

There was simply no need for his taunting. Then- it turned out he had not scored the TD that he was taunting about. He looked like a fool and it was a disgraceful act. The 15 yard penalty led to losing 4 points, and ultimately the game.

You didn’t see John Elway point at people and get in their face when he scored. You didn’t see Walter Peyton talk trash. You saw both of them behave like champions- because they were. You saw them play with class.

The biggest taunt of all is to win the game..and score points. Act like you’ve been in the winner's circle before- because you have.

Let’s face it- right now we are not a good football team. We need to focus on the very basics- not taunting. Win with class. Taunting focuses on an individual - and not on the team.

Welcome aboard!

I agree with you, and with others in this thread. Taunting is totally unnecessary. Anything that costs you yards and points that you could have avoided is a lack of discipline, and often selfish. And yes, when you have a losing record, you should not be flaunting whatever it is that you seem interested in.

As an aside, I continue to be dismayed whenever I see a player showing off after a play, when his team is getting beaten soundly. I have no idea what makes you want to act this way. It is childish and yes, very selfish. Look at the scoreboard!!! But I also feel that way when players get cocky, who are in fact ahead in the game. Excessive celebration doesn't do it for me either. Sure in a SB win, or in a game where everything is on the line, but not over a simple play that has minimal impact in the final score.

Let's not lose sight of what the penalty on Saunders was-- it was a stupid penalty.

The penalty is not why they lost the game, they lost the game because they sucked and had an amateur game plan.

A dumb call by a rogue referee did not help the cause, but it was still a dumb call. And its the kind of call that fans like me are getting sick of and why I am watching more football on Saturdays and less on Sundays.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif