Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: 2018: Week 7 Broncos VS Cardinals

Hey Broncomaniacs,

Here we are (again)... after a loss (again) ... giving up 200 rush yards to a single player (again) Which was a nfl record also. Committing stupid penalties (again) After having a great week of practice (again) And being outcoached (again)

Last year we were 3-3 after six games. But with hard practices and evolving roster and dedication to our craft we have exceeded our selves and managed to go 2-4 It's hard. It can ruin your Sunday/Thursday/Monday . You look forward to your game, watching your team and it can test your loyalty. You have to hang on to something. I have my something. My something is 10. We have 10 games left. 10 Chances to reverse this curse/funk that the Broncos have found themselves in. To try to be the team we think we should be out there, and be better than what we have shone so far.

We know the coaching is not quite at a level of Bill Walsh, Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, or Bill Belichick.... maybe even Bill Murray, but Vance is trying. We have a team, and they have pride, though it may not show on the field in Victories. The defense had moments last week and did fairly well against the pass, if not the run. The offense has moments too. The run game when it clicks is awesome, it just seems they forget to call runs in order to justify the money paid to a QB. Wins are wins, doesn't matter if we pass 50 times or run it, as long as we get the "W"

We play on a short week in a Prime Time match on the west coast. I prefer that over East Coast games with early starts. This could be our week. The Cardinals are 1-5 and are as desperate as we are. WE have hope though. Once again we face a rookie QB, hopefully we do better defending against him than we did vs the Jets.

Case has thrown INTS in every game so far, it's a streak we'd like him to stop. He leads the league with 8 Ints, 5 of them happened when he attempted to hit a Tight End. The O-line has not done him much favors, as in seasons past it is a revolving door of terror. Leading the charge is Garret (I want to hold you so bad) Bolles. If we can get Freeman and Lindsay on a roll this could be our night. The Cardinals are 31st against the run, so they might be ready for a great night. Get the ball to Sanders, Sutton, Dt... or whomever... but don't force the throw, or worse overthrow it when it the play was there to be made.

The D needs to toughen up against the run, hopefully they contain David Johnson to under 100 yards. Currently we rank last in run defense allowing 161.3 yards per game. Now is a good a time as any to improve. Waiting to see how Rosen does against our D. We were one of the teams that passed him over, so let's see if he can back up his draft day threat of revenge.

Week 7 tilts, how do we do. A very less than impressive 4-6 over the last decade. The four wins all came at home. The six losses 2 were at home, 4 on the road. If there is a game on the schedule we can win, this one could be it. One game at a time, one play at a time.

It's hard, very hard. Please hang in here with the team. Again as with each week we ask you follow the COC. Scream at the TV if you must, but avoid attacking other posters you may disagree with. If you need to reach out to one of our fantastic mods. I hope for a win and an injury free game, win or lose we still have games to go. So I'll sit back watch and hope, and always think. "Go Broncos!"
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

I have a feeling that watching this game is going to feel like rolling around in a bathtub filled with broken glass that's covered in salt

Go Broncos!!

We lead the series 8-1-1. The one loss? In 2010 and they blew us out. Neckbeard Orton was our QB back then.

This season feels like last season which felt like 2010, but I really don't know what to expect. Vegas says we are 1.5 point favorites over the Cards.

A loss gets rid of VJ (good riddance) but I just can't root against the Broncos -- it goes against my nature, so I hope we kick the crap out of them as Von promised!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Good luck Broncos.... we are facing the worst O in the league.... maybe we can outscore them...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Great job, Elway (again)!

I get to watch the Broncos again so I'm happy.

Go Broncos!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Went through my Electronic Sports TV guide and saw we're televised this side of the pond!
    Dunno if I'll manage to watch live as I have to go out early tomorrow, or whether I'll settle for the hour long highlights version.
    We'll see, if I happen to wake up I may give in to the pain ...
    Ever believing,
    Your sleep sacrificing crazy Welsh fan.
    Please deliver

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Go Broncos!!!!!!

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

The game plan for the Broncos could not be simpler... Remove Case Keenum away from the game as much as possible. Run the ball, 30 carries between Freeman and Lindsay, regardless of the defensive box. The defense can't dictate when the offense will run the ball, despite what Vance Joseph says. It's the offense who must dictate the physicality of the running game upon the defense and pound the rock until the wall breaks down.

The offensive line is back to garbage once again with Garcia and Turner on the starting lineup, which is another reason to limit the passing game to play-action shots and run the ball no matter what.

Defensively, the Broncos have to load the box and take care of David Johnson. Bring the house against Rosen, force him to make quick decisions. He is not very mobile like other young QBs of this generation. Load the line of scrimmage and bring the heat. With Shane Ray out, there are no more excuses to keep Walker out of the game. Activate him and use him as an inside rusher.

This is all obvious common sense, but the Broncos coaching and strategy have defied common sense lately.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

If VJ calls the defenses plays and use Chuub and VM as true pass rushes and NOT cover linebackers on 3rd downs AND Musgrave starts & STICKS with the run in different looks allowing Keenum to use play action and bootleg then we'll dominate tonight.

However if we see more stupid play calling, trying to get fancy and out think themselves, making Keenum throw it to one of 3 wideouts while Bolles tackles a guy we'll get embarrassed.

I can appreciate Elway's sarcasm... Really would like to see them turn it around this week! Will be there in the crowd cheering them on! If they play as hard against AZ as they played against the Rams, then I believe we'll get a win!!

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I can appreciate Elway's sarcasm... Really would like to see them turn it around this week! Will be there in the crowd cheering them on! If they play as hard against AZ as they played against the Rams, then I believe we'll get a win!!

Enjoy the game and be loud!
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post

Have a great time!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

This should be a dominant performance by Denver!! The defense should shut this team out!! And the offense should put up 30 points!!.........should

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco