Browns Send Carlos Hyde To Jaguars For Pick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...guars-for-pick

Cleveland Browns general manager John Dorsey showed throughout the offseason a willingness to make trades. So, it comes as no surprise Dorsey put on his wheeling-and-dealing hat once again ahead of the Oct. 30 trade deadline. The Browns traded running back Carlos Hyde to the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for a 2019 fifth-round pick on Friday, both teams announced. ESPN first reported the trade.

Hyde originally joined the Browns during the offseason on a three-year deal worth up to $15 million after spending four seasons with the San Francisco 49ers.

Meanwhile, the trade impacts the backfield of both teams.

For Jacksonville, the arrival of Hyde provides an immediate boost to a Jaguars running game that has been without second-year pro Leonard Fournette since Week 4. The Jaguars' decision to trade for Hyde stemmed from increasing frustration inside the building -- particularly among the coaching staff -- over Fournette's continued absence, NFL Network's Michael Silver reported. Fournette, who will not play Sunday against the Houston Texans, has been dealing with a hamstring injury and played in just two games this season.

Before the trade, Hyde led the Browns in rushing with 382 yards and five touchdowns on 114 carries, adding 29 yards receiving on six catches. He joins a Jacksonville backfield currently held down by T.J. Yeldon, David Williams and Jamaal Charles, who signed a free-agent deal in Week 6.

As for Cleveland, the Browns now have every opportunity to work in rookie Nick Chubb, the team's second-round pick, in the offense with Duke Johnson Sr. Despite limited playing time, the explosive Chubb ranked second on the team in rushing with 173 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries, averaging a healthy 10.8 yards per carry on just 33 offensive snaps. The Browns' backfield now consists of Johnson, Chubb and rookie Dontrell Hilliard.

~~~~~~

Interesting times. I like what The Jags got so far, because a 5th rounder is by no means, any form of guarantee.

Nick Chubb is going to be Gurley 2.0.

Go Dawgs!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Man, this kinda screws my fantasy team this week. I cant move lindsey from W/R to RB and move Hilton into W/R

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Go Dawgs!
    What on earth does that mean?

Are you talking about the Georgia Bulldogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    What on earth does that mean?

Are you talking about the Georgia Bulldogs?
    Yes, he is. They're the arch rival of my Gators
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Nick Chubb is going to be Gurley 2.0.

Go Dawgs!
    I think Cleveland has a nice group, including Chubb. But are you a little underwhelmed getting a 5th rounder for Hyde? I know, he's not top tier, and he's not young...but the man can still play.

As for fantasy, there must have been a huge surge trying to land Chubb this afternoon! (I took a peak myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Good, because if he was trying to make it into something with Cleveland I was going to have to explain yet again, that the Dawg Pound was a section of the stadium at Cleveland Municipal Stadium and only applied to the Cleveland Browns of the 1980s.

Good, because if he was trying to make it into something with Cleveland I was going to have to explain yet again, that the “Dawg Pound” was a section of the stadium at Cleveland Municipal Stadium and only applied to the Cleveland Browns of the 1980s.
    Yes, I know. It might have been a reference to both teams

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think Cleveland has a nice group, including Chubb. But are you a little underwhelmed getting a 5th rounder for Hyde? I know, he's not top tier, and he's not young...but the man can still play.

As for fantasy, there must have been a huge surge trying to land Chubb this afternoon! (I took a peak myself.)
    I agree wholeheartedly

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Florida Gators eat boogers!

Interestingly enough, one of my attorneys was a walk-on TE for the Gators back in the 70's. We have fun with the rivalry.

Good, because if he was trying to make it into something with Cleveland I was going to have to explain yet again, that the “Dawg Pound” was a section of the stadium at Cleveland Municipal Stadium and only applied to the Cleveland Browns of the 1980s.
    I wasn't around in the 80's, please tell me about the old times grandpa.

Florida Gators eat boogers!

Interestingly enough, one of my attorneys was a walk-on TE for the Gators back in the 70's. We have fun with the rivalry.
    And when was their last national title? How many playoff games has Matthew Stafford won?