Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos receivers, cornerbacks sought by other teams as potential Denver rebuild loom

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...mpression=true

"Given all of that, rival executives are poring over Denver's roster and eyeing up possible trades ahead of the deadline (which comes a week from Tuesday). Even before the season began, there were strong rumblings of the Broncos trading a veteran receiver like*Emmanuel Sanders, 31, or*Demaryius Thomas, 30, and league sources said several teams have interest in Sanders, who is much more productive and has a much lower contract; his trade value is significantly higher.

Teams have also been exploring the availability of Denver's corners, with*Bradley Roby*a pending free agent, although, at age 26, someone young enough to possibly fit into the Broncos' future even with a rebuild in order. Corner*Chris Harris*is 29 and signed to a team-friendly deal through 2019; he is being coveted by other teams, league sources said.

Given the uphill climb facing this team, and Keenum's age (30) and limited prior success as a permanent starter (save for an outstanding run with the*Vikings*in 2017), sources continue to indicate the Broncos intend to look at young quarterback*Chad Kelly*at some point in the second half of the season, needing to assess that position prior to the 2019 draft, and it's difficult to see the team holding on to all of these veteran players given the tenor of their season."
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

I definitely do not want to see Harris go.....but I do wander what his value is?? Is it a 1st? I wouldn't want to let him go for nothing less than a 2nd or maybe even a 2nd and 4th.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Sanders ia having a great year so far, he pretty much sets the tone on offense at the moment. I'd rather the team try to trade Thomas

Denver listening to offers for DT

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...mpression=true

Per Schefter

"The*Denver Broncos*have been listening to offers for star wide receiver*Demaryius Thomas, league sources tell ESPN.

A handful of teams have reached out to Denver to see if the Broncos would be willing to part ways with the five-time Pro-Bowler, who was a first-round pick in 2010, and Denver has not rebuffed those advances to date, according to sources.

The same is not true of*Emmanuel Sanders, who some teams have expressed an interest in, according to sources. Denver has not been interested in listening to teams who have called about Sanders."

This would make sense salary wise.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Sanders ia having a great year so far, he pretty much sets the tone on offense at the moment. I'd rather the team try to trade Thomas
    Schefter just posted an article saying they are listening to offers for DT, but not Sanders. A move I agree with if we go this route.

As for Harris, anything less than a 1st, and I'll be on the time to move on from Elway train.

On the trades topic on the back end the #Cowboys have had discussions about #Raiders WR Amari Cooper, the #Eagles are also in the market for a WR Another name to watch: CB Bradley Roby. Teams were hoping the #Broncos lost on Thursday to make a move for Roby. https://t.co/G189hkiZPm

Apparently Roby is a hot name as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Schefter just posted an article saying they are listening to offers for DT, but not Sanders. A move I agree with if we go this route.

As for Harris, anything less than a 1st, and I'll be on the time to move on from Elway train.
    Basically all of my sentiments. Sanders and CHj are two of the most impactful players on the team. Even in an embraced team rebuild you need veterans to teach. Draft picks are intriguing but I would feel much better about a rebuild with those two still on the roster. Without them Id have a hard time staying on the defend Elway train.

Id be ok with moving on from DT and Roby though.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post

Ok then.....I like DT but Denver would benefit greatly by getting him off the books

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Basically all of my sentiments. Sanders and CHj are two of the most impactful players on the team. Even in an embraced team rebuild you need veterans to teach. Draft picks are intriguing but I would feel much better about a rebuild with those two still on the roster. Without them Id have a hard time staying on the defend Elway train.

Id be ok with moving on from DT and Roby though.
    Ya I dont expect either back next year. The question for Roby is, what would you get for him in comp picks? With a potential 70m in cap space, I'd think we would be better off moving him, and letting Yiadom have a trial by fire. Then again, this is if we go rebuild mode.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Basically all of my sentiments. Sanders and CHj are two of the most impactful players on the team. Even in an embraced team rebuild you need veterans to teach. Draft picks are intriguing but I would feel much better about a rebuild with those two still on the roster. Without them I’d have a hard time staying on the defend Elway train.

I’d be ok with moving on from DT and Roby though.
    I feel the same although after letting past vets go (Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Aqib Talib...Wade Phillips), I've stopped giving Elway "All Mighty" the benefit of the doubt and/or defending him. I realize you can't afford to keep everybody but I don't even think he offered Malik or Danny one of his infamous low-ball 'take it or leave it' deals.

Key vets I don't want to lose: E. Sanders, Von, Harris, Jr.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 10-21-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Bronco players who are making some money and have young players behind them are available as the trading deadline looms. WR Demaryius Thomas (Courtland Sutton), LB Brandon Marshall (Josey Jewell) fit. Was told there is interest in Thomas. #9sports

Add Marshall to the list. To me this isnt so much interest, as players Elway would like for there to be interest for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I feel the same although after letting past vets go (Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Aqib Talib...Wade Phillips), I've stopped giving Elway "All Mighty" the benefit of the doubt and/or defending him. I realize you can't afford to keep everybody but I don't even think he offered Malik or Danny one of his infamous low-ball 'take it or leave it' deals.

Reports were he offered Jackson and Wolfe the same deal, Wolfe took his Denver then had to choose between Miller or Jackson.

Trevathan was part of the same cap crunch, and looking at it, at the time they thought Marshall, he's obviously not been what they thought they had, but when you think you have a replacement and you're facing a cap crunch you make choices. Add to that Trevathan played 20 out of 32 games his first two years in Chicago, if Elway signs Trevathan and he plays 20/32 games people here are ripping him for paying an injury prone player.

I don't think the Broncos are inclined to move Chris Harris or Emmanuel Sanders despite some other reporting.

It may be they're trying to lure other teams in with those name and then sell them on Demaryius Thomas, Bradley Roby and Brandon Marshall instead, though.

Per Allbright

You don't usually see a lot of trades in the NFL, they mention a lot of names, I wouldn't be shocked to see a player or two move, but I really don't think it'll be more than 1 or 2. People also need to realize that they players they don't want to see traded are the ones with real value. Marshall and Thomas won't get much of a return. Sanders and Harris might.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post

He offered Malik the deal that Wolfe took after Malik turned it down. Malik is making $15.5 million this year.