Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    CHJ took a team friendly deal to be here. He should stay and I would be pissed if we traded him after that. No way I trade our best corner anyway.

With Roby it depends on what he is looking for money wise. IMO he is a good #3 not so much as a #2, and I don't want to overpay for him. I wouldn't mind moving him now and getting something for him rather than waiting till after the season and some other team overpays for him.

Thomas, I'd move him and his contract and wouldn't think twice. Chances are he is let go after the season anyway. I hugely doubt we keep him under his current numbers next year.

Sanders, no way I trade him. He is our best receiver and a good mentor for our younger guys. We need him here as a target as we are figuring out our qb situation.

Marshall, I would trade for a ham sandwich if it meant we could move on from him and give others a shot. He has gone down hill each season imo. I doubt we would get much for him though.

If the season continues to go south, the smart move would be to play Kelly and see what we have or don't have with him before next year. I really hope we do.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    CHJ took a team friendly deal to be here. He should stay and I would be pissed if we traded him after that. No way I trade our best corner anyway.

With Roby it depends on what he is looking for money wise. IMO he is a good #3 not so much as a #2, and I don't want to overpay for him. I wouldn't mind moving him now and getting something for him rather than waiting till after the season and some other team overpays for him.

Thomas, I'd move him and his contract and wouldn't think twice. Chances are he is let go after the season anyway. I hugely doubt we keep him under his current numbers next year.

Sanders, no way I trade him. He is our best receiver and a good mentor for our younger guys. We need him here as a target as we are figuring out our qb situation.

Marshall, I would trade for a ham sandwich if it meant we could move on from him and give others a shot. He has gone down hill each season imo. I doubt we would get much for him though.

If the season continues to go south, the smart move would be to play Kelly and see what we have or don't have with him before next year. I really hope we do.
    Totally agree about CHJ. Can't believe it's even being discussed. I don't think we'll get anything worthwhile for Marshall, but if we can, then screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Totally agree about CHJ. Can't believe it's even being discussed. I don't think we'll get anything worthwhile for Marshall, but if we can, then screw it.
    If Iím not mistaken hasnít Elway said he answers the phone for all players? But it doesnít mean he is remotely considering the offers?

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    He offered Malik the deal that Wolfe took after Malik turned it down. Malik is making $15.5 million this year.
    Where is this coming from, is there a source?

I thought I remembered Malik saying he would've signed if offered a deal before the season but he was never offered a deal.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Where is this coming from, is there a source?

I thought I remembered Malik saying he would've signed if offered a deal before the season but he was never offered a deal.
    It was during December of 2015, right around when they signed Wolfe. They tried to get both for matching deals.

Sanders situation reminds me a little bit of Brandon Lloyd, not the same attitude (there's a reason Lloyd played on so many teams) but the best receiver on the team, but also has the highest value of the team. Plus two young receivers ready to step up right behind him (which reminds me, any word on Hamilton's injury?) which somewhat makes him expendable if you can get a decent return.

I don't think Thomas has any trade value, and he's going to be released in February anyway.

Yes, to DT and maybe Roby..... But what if we beat KC Sunday? We could go into the break 5-4. Do you think twice about any trade at this time.

I can't find the contract offer from the 2015 season, but here are reports of them offering him $10+ million per season in February 2016.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-10m-per-year/

LaCanfora is not reliable at all. Looks like just DT. My guess is they are listening to offers, but not eager to make a move unless the offer is too good to be true.

Interestingly, I had a feeling that DT might be traded coming off the short week. It was something about the way everyone was on the sideline with DT last Sunday after he scored. It felt like everyone was saying goodbye to him. He was even a bit somber himself.

I know many on here have sour opinions about him, but heís been a model Bronco both on and off the field. Even knowing that his replacement was drafted, he took in the role of mentor and all the young guys have given him praises for that. I would love for him to retire a Bronco, but I understand the business of sports. I wouldnít be surprised if he finds his way on our staff in a few years.

to a great Bronco and one of my favorite players of this generation. Good luck on wherever he ends up!

With any trade they make, I wouldn't look for a straight player for draft pick compensation, especially if it's lower round picks. Instead I would look to improve my picks in early rounds to try and accumulate the wealth needed to trade up, if so desired. So I would look to trade a player and a pick (example a 3rd round pick) in exchange for a 2nd round pick, or a player and second for a first etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Oh ok. I thought Jackson said he would have signed at a discount or signed an extension but wasn't offered a deal.

I don't remember Danny's injury history, although I'm sure you're correct, I just always liked his play whereas his replacement has never impressed me.
    That is what I remember hearing as well.

Malik Jackson said he would have taken Elway's offer before the season started. However, Elway only made the offer during the 2015 season when Jackson was already having a monster year, so obviously he chose to test the market. That was a bad move by Elway, because we already knew Malik Jackson was a keeper that could rush the passer. This front office waits way too long to extend homegrown players.

The extension needs to happen before the season of the contract year begins. After that, the productive player starts thinking about testing free agency. Same with Danny Trevathan. We knew he was a core piece, but Elway let Trevathan go and offered a similar contract to Donald Stephenson, an inconsistent backup OT from Kansas City that had never shown any promise.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    If I’m not mistaken hasn’t Elway said he answers the phone for all players? But it doesn’t mean he is remotely considering the offers?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    LaCanfora is not reliable at all. Looks like just DT. My guess is they are listening to offers, but not eager to make a move unless the offer is too good to be true.
    ^ This is what I'm talking about. You're going to take calls on anybody, but no serious deal is going to get worked out for CHJ, because nobody will give up what he's worth. Just feelers.

I like it a lot if true, but I doubt it. This roster needs to be gutted and the reset button needs to be pushed. It should of happened during the off-season, it was the obvious path to go down but Elway made a play at trying to acquire a free agent quarterback to hopefully hide that fact and it didn't work. If Sanders and Harris can get us 2 third round picks, I make those trades. Then when the off-season rolls around dump a bunch of the terrible contracts we have with guys like Marshall, Veldheer, Wolfe, and Thomas, and add some fresh faces throughout free agency. Hopefully Elway can then put together another quality draft like the 2018 group. Also hoping the sources are correct about Chad Kelly, sit Keenum please John Elway, we know what we have in him, a mediocre game manager with a weak arm. If you play Kelly and it works out you might have a potential starting quarterback, and if it doesn't, we lose out, get better draft position, and we know quarterback is a priority in the off-season, win win.