Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 125
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,631
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Hopefully he can finally learn from his mistakes. Even if they don't manage the clock perfectly....

    Mahomes is going to get them through in my opinion. You hear that Stackmonger? I said opinion.
    I hate how I have to point that out everytime here.

    I admit I will be very nervous when the playoffs get here.....but these Chiefs are different than what us Chiefs fans are used to.

    They can get it done.....and they will. (do I really have to say it Stackmonger? No....I'm not going to this time....)
    Sorry I separated your paragraph but itís easier to break down that way.

    Anyway I agree with the bolded, Chiefs fans havenít had much to be excited for because theyíve suffered years of let downs.
    Hence the question to thread topic was answered a long time ago.

    Anyway and no offense to stackhouser but this picture says it all when making predictions or sharing inside info, itís not much appreciated here.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-05-2018 at 01:23 PM.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7
    I am a Chiefs fan, I just got here. I introduced myself in my post ďJust saying hi.Ē Long suffering fan of bad teams. Hate Denver and Nebraska because they beat my teams so much. We are actually all in this together. Most of our coaches canít manage the clock, most years our receivers channel their inner girls volleyball player and let passes bounce off their chest, and officiating is not a science or an art, it is a coin flip. Itís hard to win, itís harder to sustain winning, and it is so easy to slip. Some teams have a longer history of letting victory slip from their grasp at the moment of triumph than others, but things can turn. I remember for decades the patriots were nothing. The 49ers took their turn at greatness. The Cowboys were and now are not ďAmericaís Team.Ē Now itís the Patriots turn but that has to end soon. Maybe Patrick Mahomes is Football Jesus and the Chiefs will have a run of 15 years and five Super Bowls. Or maybe Patrick will think he wants to pitch in the major leagues like Bo Jackson wanted to play for the Raiders and that dream will die a common and typical Kansas City death. I look forward to all of us making fun of each other and reveling in each otherís defeats and rubbing the others noses in our victories. Iíll be around.
    Last edited by TeamsRbad; 11-05-2018 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Missed a word

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamsRbad View Post
    I am a Chiefs fan, I just got here. I introduced myself in my post ďJust saying hi.Ē Long suffering fan of bad teams. Hate Denver and Nebraska because they beat my teams so much. We are actually all in this together. Most of our coaches canít manage the clock, most years our receivers channel their inner girls volleyball player and let passes bounce off their chest, and officiating is not a science or an art, it is a coin flip. Itís hard to win, itís harder to sustain winning, and it is so easy to slip. Some teams have a longer history of letting victory slip from their grasp at the moment of triumph than others, but things can turn. I remember for decades the patriots were nothing. The 49ers took their turn at greatness. The Cowboys were and now are not ďAmericaís Team. Now itís the Patriots turn but that has to end soon. Maybe Patrick Mahomes is Football Jesus and the Chiefs will have a run of 15 years and five Super Bowls. Or maybe Patrick will think he wants to pitch in the major leagues like Bo Jackson wanted to play for the Raiders and that dream will die a common and typical Kansas City to death. I look forward to all of us making fun of each other and reveling in each otherís defeats and rubbing the others noses in our victories. Iíll be around.
    welcome!

    i'm a husker fan as well as a chargers fan, who is your college football team? i'm sure you are happy to see our demise the past 15 years or so.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7
    Um, when your team loses, arenít the other fans supposed to talk smack? Is that not why we are all here?

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7
    I am a long suffering Missouri fan. Yes I have enjoyed Nebraska falling off of their perch, partly because I predicted it back when they fired Frank Solich. Now that Nebraska Ohio State Alabama Texas Michigan USC canít offer 200 scholarships, Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing are not going to be back up quarterbacks on Texas to Colt McCoy. None of the Division I players are in Nebraska and they can all play closer to home now and get on TV every week. They donít have to go to Oklahoma and Nebraska to be on TV. So I predicted that they would not have their way like previously. I have enjoyed their fall but just like Kansas with them being so bad, Nebraska losing every week has lost its charm. It gets to be just mean and you start to feel sorry for them.
    Last edited by TeamsRbad; 11-05-2018 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Update

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamsRbad View Post
    I am a long suffering Missouri fan. Yes I have enjoyed Nebraska falling off of their perch, partly because I predicted it back when they fired Frank Solich. Now that Nebraska Ohio State Alabama Texas Michigan USC can’t offer 200 scholarships, Chase Daniel and Todd Reesing are not going to be back up quarterbacks on Texas to Colt McCoy. None of the Division I players are in Nebraska and they can all play closer to home now and get on TV every week. They don’t have to go to Oklahoma and Nebraska to be on TV. So I predicted that they would not have their way like previously. I have enjoyed their fall but just like Kansas with them being so bad, Nebraska losing every week has lost its charm. It gets to be just mean and you start to feel sorry for them.
    Nebraska has never really had top 15 recruiting, their recruiting hasn't dropped off that much. they are still taking lots of walk on's, lots of 3 star players mixed in with a few 4 stars, it's always been that way. Nebraska lost it's way for a while but i see them getting good again soon, especially with the true freshman QB they have now that looks like the real deal.

    only question is can they get the defense back to being respectable so they can start competing for big 10 titles.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    532
    As the Broncos continue to lose enough to get a middle of the road pick in the draft I look to the schedule to see if I can pinpoint the Chargers next loss. I say it will be at the Steelers.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    As the Broncos continue to lose enough to get a middle of the road pick in the draft I look to the schedule to see if I can pinpoint the Chargers next loss. I say it will be at the Steelers.
    And why are you looking to debate a Chargers game on this board??? Go to a Sparkler board and open that discussion. It will be much more worth your time....

    Just saying....

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    And why are you looking to debate a Chargers game on this board??? Go to a Sparkler board and open that discussion. It will be much more worth your time....

    Just saying....
    Itís his way of calling out Baph. Gee I wonder who he really is?

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    And why are you looking to debate a Chargers game on this board??? Go to a Sparkler board and open that discussion. It will be much more worth your time....

    Just saying....
    Oh I'm sorry....are you feeling left out? Ok.....yes the Broncos stink. There....are you happy now? Honestly.....the Chargers are the only threat in this division so they get priority smack. Also.....this is the Talkin' Smack area. If you want it to be only Broncos smack then you should rename it to Smacking the Broncos.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Oh I'm sorry....are you feeling left out? Ok.....yes the Broncos stink. There....are you happy now? Honestly.....the Chargers are the only threat in this division so they get priority smack. Also.....this is the Talkin' Smack area. If you want it to be only Broncos smack then you should rename it to Smacking the Broncos.
    Ok..... Think about this...... You are on a BRONCOS board..... You are correct, this is the talkin' smack area..... Again, ON A BRONCOS BOARD..... You'd be better off getting in to a debate over the Chargers on their board. Does that make sense to you?? If you feel slighted by me stating that before, I'm sorry you're skin is so thin. You won't get much conversation out of all but one person on the topic, and I doubt you'll get much there either. Glad I could help you understand better TROLL!!

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Ok..... Think about this...... You are on a BRONCOS board..... You are correct, this is the talkin' smack area..... Again, ON A BRONCOS BOARD..... You'd be better off getting in to a debate over the Chargers on their board. Does that make sense to you?? If you feel slighted by me stating that before, I'm sorry you're skin is so thin. You won't get much conversation out of all but one person on the topic, and I doubt you'll get much there either. Glad I could help you understand better TROLL!!
    LOL....guess you better go petition to get rid of the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders threads I see in here. I understand. The lousiness of the Broncos is getting to you. I can take it. I've heard it all before. …..pst…...15 years. LOL

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    As the Broncos continue to lose enough to get a middle of the road pick in the draft I look to the schedule to see if I can pinpoint the Chargers next loss. I say it will be at the Steelers.
    yes, you are right to worry. the chiefs have only one loss yet the chargers are still only a game back. the division likely comes down to that game at arrowhead on December 13th and my prediction is a KC loss. you're not going to benefit from 3 TD saving drops this time and you will also not benefit from not having to face joey bosa and melvin ingram on the field at the same time either.

    my third prediction? the chiefs won't dominate for the next 15 years, that's my lock of the year right there!

    my 4th prediction? chiefs fans will lose their mind when their team fails in the playoffs yet again.



    a young pat mahomes on the right

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    And why are you looking to debate a Chargers game on this board??? Go to a Sparkler board and open that discussion. It will be much more worth your time....

    Just saying....
    funny thing is the chargers message board is shutting down soon. IMO don't discourage him from posting here, we need more chiefs fans to make this smack section fun!

    I just hope he sticks around and doesn't run and hide when his team gets punched in the mouth on December 13th and again in the playoffs.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    LOL....guess you better go petition to get rid of the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders threads I see in here. I understand. The lousiness of the Broncos is getting to you. I can take it. I've heard it all before. …..pst…...15 years. LOL
    Thing is...... Those are threads of Broncos vs. those teams....... But you're not bright enough to understand I guess.

    Keep "guaranteeing" those 15 years Junior. It will be funny watching it all crumble. It sure is fun watching you jump up and down and fart rainbows just because the Chiefs are having a good year. Sustain it and they might be on to something. Right now all they can sustain is losing every playoff game except one in the last, what? 25 years??? LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •