Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 514
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    As usual I find that after discussion I agree with most of the posters on this board more than I disagree. The point above is exactly right (as are your other posts). This is NOT about some ridiculous Halloween party. If the Broncos drop KC this weekend everyone will be talking about how this brought them together.

    The big issue here is the atrocious QB situation and the general manager that brought about this situation. Not only do we need to try to fix this with a QB in the first round, we need to trade up and spare no expense to get someone we think may be a franchise QB. Rinse and repeat year after year until we get it right. As much as I like our draft class this year, I would easily trade all of them for a viable starting QB.
    So true.... winning Sunday will make this all go away. Of course the opposite is true as well... getting their butts kicked Sunday will just intensify it all.

    The problem is in a difficult season with lots of drama stuff like this gets amplified. I am not saying it is right or fair but, it is reality. This is a TMZ world where every one has a cell phone camera and the culture loves to kick people when they are down.. do not give them the ammunition. We live in a very judgmental and triggered world today... optics is often so much more important than truth.
    In a winning season this would be just a blip and nothing more... in a losing season it is a mole hill that turns into a mountain. Its a bummer. Let's all just hope the game goes well Sunday and this will be a non factor on Monday morning,
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    He was capable of being a competent QB last season and that was his only one where he looked "the part". Aside from that he has played poorly for a good portion of his career. What is most important is how close his games have been when he's played and not just WHAT his stats are but WHEN those stats occurred. So for example if you're playing from behind and you lose but you throw for 400 yards....oh well. The opponent was simply just trying to keep you from scoring a TD. If they are playing Zone for the back-end of the game then you'll get yards. You just wont score or get big plays.

    This season Keenum has shown that he has NOT been able to put the team on his back. In fact I'd argue that he has hurt the team more then he has helped it. Missing WR's high, under throwing them, speeding up his drops, playing scared....what makes that worse is that based on the stats he is getting reasonable protection....not great but reasonable on passing plays.



    I agree. Don't mistake my comments as me trying to state that Sloter is gonna come here and play like Brady. I mean I suppose he could but it is so unlikely that it is just ridiculous to even go there. What I am saying is that right now is Hogan or Sloter better? Did Hogan show better composure than Sloter in the pocket? Did Sloter show a better ability to place the ball? etc etc. IMO Yes. Now can Hogan get better and raise his game...sure it is possible as well. The issue I have is that we seemingly keep taking risks with older QBs yet when it comes to guys who look OK and might be able to devleop we cut them.
    I find it almost comic when all these posts come out where Sloter/Kelly/Thomas Brandstater or whoever else is a 2nd tier backup, is here to save the franchise. Sloter is behind Siemian in Minnesota and the same in Denver. The people that pines for Sloter should instead ask why we traded Siemian.

    The simple thing that is necessary when evaluating talent is what people are ABLE to do, and the gap to what they ARE doing. That is the reason that a player like Cutler got so many chances because he was able to do a lot - he just seldom did.

    Keenum has shown that he can produce at a very high level in the right setup, so why is it that he does not produce here. He has shown that he can get the comeback win, but instead of hoping to be saved by a miracle it is more relevant to talk about how Keenum can be successful here. In the end it seems like our current coaching staff has managed to fail with Siemian, Osweiler, Lynch and Keenum.

    John Fox lost with Weinke, Fasani, Peete, Testaverde, Carr, Clausen, Orton, Cutler, Barkley, Hoyer, Glennon and Trubisky. When do we start counting corpses and stop blaming it on said corpses?

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,614
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I completely agree. I just for the life of me do not understand as to why not give these guys a chance. See if on actual Game Days see if they have what it takes to be an NFL QB it cannot be any worse than a crying Paxton Lynch or a Brock Oz who throws Interceptions or Case who over throws or under throws and hell just throws to the Opposite Team or Trevor who back pedals 500 yards then attempts to Throw. All I am saying is Give them a chance and who knows maybe they can be the Next Tom Brady or at worst they can be the Next Brock however you will never know if you do not Try!
    The only thing which I want to re-add again is that we are nearly 50% of the way through the season. These are not knee jerk reactions based on one bad game or even two. So at this point we may as well see what we have in the guys behind Keenum to see if there are options.....

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Youre incorrect. again.

    How is it an off-time? haha its 6 games into the season. A season whereby we are playing extremely poor and its the midweek before a meeting with a divisional rival and the best team in the league. I'm glad you are not running the team though in fairness you couldnt do a lot worse with that mentality.

    So by your logic you're ok with players being out in a downtown bar every night because it is their right? I'm all for players letting off steam but unfortunately it is impossible with some teams to be able to simply have a few beers without incident anymore.

    You should watch Australian rules football, they love a beer before and after the game you'll likely relate.
    There is a fine line and unfortunately I disagree. The party was fine and there was no issues with it AT ALL. Tying this back to the Denver Broncos the only issues with this party were:

    1. A single now former member behaved like a 15 year old boy at his first bush party after drinking a stolen mickey. Even then I don't think most would enter into a house they don't know or own.

    2. Costumes - those costumes while I understand were in character were simply not appropriate and did not reflect well on the Denver Broncos as an organization. I'd simply say they were in poor taste....

    Aside from that there is no issue here. Now if on field performance suffers.....then it is on the players for not maintaining their own personal conditioning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    So you're ok with players letting off steam so long as it conforms to what you deem acceptable.
    It would certainly seem that way based on the responses I have read. Now what was not articulated but is something I agree with is that there is are precedents here in Canada (I believe in the USA as well) where an employer can set policies on how they expect you conduct yourself outside of the "office". Each employer has different standards and expectations. So for example dressing up as characters with Cocaine....is likely NOT a great look for any organization and is certainly not a positive reflection on the organization. The party itself is a normal part of many workplaces. I'd argue that this is no different than a Christmas party...as an example. Von by all accounts hosted this party when the team had down-time and when it would NOT directly interfere with practice. He also had security & implemented a No Drinking policy if people were driving. Nothing wrong with the party, nothing wrong with costumes....issues arise when someone circumvents the drinking/drug limitations at the party as well as breaks the law as well as issue SHOULD arise based on what some (deemed leaders on the field and claiming to be leaders in the community) dressed up as. The costumes themselves were not BAD per se but they were unacceptable based on their position on a professional football team and based on their own proclamation as being role models and leaders in their communities.

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    As usual I find that after discussion I agree with most of the posters on this board more than I disagree. The point above is exactly right (as are your other posts). This is NOT about some ridiculous Halloween party. If the Broncos drop KC this weekend everyone will be talking about how this brought them together.

    The big issue here is the atrocious QB situation and the general manager that brought about this situation. Not only do we need to try to fix this with a QB in the first round, we need to trade up and spare no expense to get someone we think may be a franchise QB. Rinse and repeat year after year until we get it right. As much as I like our draft class this year, I would easily trade all of them for a viable starting QB.
    There is no "QB in the first round" this year. Every one of them is garbage (unless Herbert decares) You take a QB in the first round, it really doesn't matter which one you get, you're getting a bust IMO. There might be one that exceeds expectations, but if you want a drafted QB, 2020 is the first year you're going to see one.

    Our only hope is if some QB becomes available via trade or FA, but Keenum is your QB, disgusting or not, he's what's there and there are no other options this year or likely next year. It's a harsh reality, but it's where we are currently.

    Elway's created quite a mess of the QB position (for all the right he's done elsewhere)


  5. #470
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,614
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    I find it almost comic when all these posts come out where Sloter/Kelly/Thomas Brandstater or whoever else is a 2nd tier backup, is here to save the franchise. Sloter is behind Siemian in Minnesota and the same in Denver. The people that pines for Sloter should instead ask why we traded Siemian.

    The simple thing that is necessary when evaluating talent is what people are ABLE to do, and the gap to what they ARE doing. That is the reason that a player like Cutler got so many chances because he was able to do a lot - he just seldom did.

    Keenum has shown that he can produce at a very high level in the right setup, so why is it that he does not produce here. He has shown that he can get the comeback win, but instead of hoping to be saved by a miracle it is more relevant to talk about how Keenum can be successful here. In the end it seems like our current coaching staff has managed to fail with Siemian, Osweiler, Lynch and Keenum.

    John Fox lost with Weinke, Fasani, Peete, Testaverde, Carr, Clausen, Orton, Cutler, Barkley, Hoyer, Glennon and Trubisky. When do we start counting corpses and stop blaming it on said corpses?
    I never said that any of them will save this franchise. It is possible that one of them might but ultimately it is unlikely. That said as a franchise if we can get even halfway decent QB play such as not being 2nd in the league to throwing the ball to the other team or throwing touchdowns to your WR's or even recognizing pressures and blitzers when the coverage's are clear as day post snap. That is all we need. In fact there were at least 2 games where throws which Keenum should have made but didn't and it was one of the reasons why we lost the game. Now IF Keenum was a Sloter/Kelly or <insert VERY young QB here> then I'd be OK with that occurring every so often - or even somewhat regularly as it is with Case. The fact remains is that this team paid Case 18 Million dollars a year for two years to NOT play like a rookie.

    Last season the Vikings had 4-5 games which were close and the rest they either lost by relatively close margins OR won by 10+. What is also important is that Case was not being asked to be 'the guy' in Minn. as he is here in Denver. He had veteran WRs, Good RBs, and a much deeper defense who was playing well.

    I am sorry but even in the 1st round there is about a 50% "bust-rate" on QBs. Trevor was a 7th round pick which has even worse odds of succeeding. He showed us exactly what he is - Trevor will make a great career as a backup but as a starter we already know what he is. He comes in, plays well for a few games and then gets shell shocked and happy feet and starts to play....well like Case is now. Lynch as I said was a 50/50 shot being a 1st rounder but with him it was more like a 70/30 or 80/20 shot of failing Why? Well because he was deemed a project QB from the start. He and all of the execs all but admitted that he needed to work on properly reading defenses etc. as he was never asked to play like that in College.

    The reason why I'd like to see guys like Sloter & Kelly get playing time is that to me they look like football players. They take hits, get back up and keep going. Sloter also showed me something last season which our then starter Trevor showed the polar opposite....the ability to shake off the previous play/drive. There was one play where he threw that INT and then on the every next drive he threw 2 passes for 15-20 yards and got a TD at the end. To me that shows football composure. That type of play and player needs to be cultivated and coached...not cut.

    To me the issue here is Case because the coaches are not the ones throwing the football. IF Case was NOT overthrowing, Underthrowing, holding onto the ball too long and missing open throws, taking sacks when he has open WRs AND throwing INTs....then I'd agree....the fact remains though that he is. Those are all on the QB and as a professional and now deemed a veteran I and many others I am sure expect more from him.

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Grew up in Aurora! live in Bothell, Wa.
    Posts
    2,279
    Folks, I was truly excited by Kelly and what he could have brought to the Broncos. I am also very sad he is gone, I assume his issues were way more than we know about at this point.

    He was the back up Bronco that kept the excitement going as far as bring him in if we had issues, we shall see what happens with the new guy but will miss the Kelly excitement..


    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO BRONCOS!!!!!!

  7. #472
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,683
    Maybe it's already been posted, but what exactly did Kelly do? I know he broke into a home but did he actually do anything? Did he just go in sit down and think he was in his own home? Guys have been given 2nd chances for a lot worse, imo. What are the chances he is brought back?


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  8. #473
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,454
    The season is over.

    Keenum is not very good.

    His one good season was the exception not the rule.

    We need a QB.

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Maybe it's already been posted, but what exactly did Kelly do? I know he broke into a home but did he actually do anything? Did he just go in sit down and think he was in his own home? Guys have been given 2nd chances for a lot worse, imo. What are the chances he is brought back?
    I think we just dont know the facts written into Kellys Contract. Have a feeling anything to due with drugs or alcohol abuse he would be done.

  10. #475
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,904
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Maybe it's already been posted, but what exactly did Kelly do? I know he broke into a home but did he actually do anything? Did he just go in sit down and think he was in his own home? Guys have been given 2nd chances for a lot worse, imo. What are the chances he is brought back?
    Wasn't his "second chance" being drafted, allowed to rehab for a year and given the chance to compete for a roster spot?

    He was given a Golden Ticket by the Broncos and he squandered it. Really sad!

  11. #476
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,117
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Maybe it's already been posted, but what exactly did Kelly do? I know he broke into a home but did he actually do anything? Did he just go in sit down and think he was in his own home? Guys have been given 2nd chances for a lot worse, imo. What are the chances he is brought back?
    0
    ...........

  12. #477
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    3,540
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    0
    ...........
    Hold on just a second. The Broncos offered Chad some help. If he completes it...Well.


    2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

  13. #478
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    Ugh.... there is just a lot of dysfunction and stupidity surrounding this organization these days.

    The guy clearly has issues and isn't smart enough or has enough self control to keep himself out of trouble. He was on the cusp of maybe getting his shot and he wasn't disciplined enough to keep himself on the straight and narrow. The Broncos do not need this.. they have enough issues!

    Yikes!


    Edit.. I would like to hear more about this Halloween Party... anyone have any details on that??
    Exactly. People make comments about how they can't believe he would make such a stupid decision when he had a shot a getting a chance to start possibly. The answer is obvious to me. The dude probably has an addiction problem. People with addiction issues rarely make "smart" decisions, or at best make "stupid" decisions routinely. Until he fixes that issue, he will continue to sabotage himself or worse (that situation of being in someone's house could have ended really bad). So I sincerely hop he gets the help he needs.

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,803
    I'd like to see him get some help and then get resigned by the Broncos this off season .

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,120
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
    The season is over.

    Keenum is not very good.

    His one good season was the exception not the rule.

    We need a QB.
    We need to fix the passing offense or it will not really matter who the QB is. I do understand getting a qb is part of that but I seriously doubt any QB in the history of the NFL could success behind this offense.

    Tebow may be the best option as at least the coaches will stop throwing the ball so much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •