Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 514
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And if Sloter were that good, why would none of the QB hungry teams in the league try to trade for him? The Vikings have their QB, and they have their backup. There's no reason they wouldn't trade him if given a reasonable offer.

    Also given the Vikings QB injury issues the last couple of years they're going to have 3 QBs on their roster at all times.
    In any event I don't think we want a good No.3 QB, just someone cheap who can step up in the unlikely event that the No.1 and No.2 happen to be injured at the same time. If Grayson were to show something special in training, I'm sure he'll be elevated to No.2. if not, what do we lose?

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,318
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    In any event I don't think we want a good No.3 QB, just someone cheap who can step up in the unlikely event that the No.1 and No.2 happen to be injured at the same time. If Grayson were to show something special in training, I'm sure he'll be elevated to No.2. if not, what do we lose?
    That's why I'd like the Broncos to sign Davis Webb from the Jets practice squad. He was a third round pick and his Giants' teammates thought highly of him. Sign him, you have to keep him on the 53 for a week, and you have to pay him a minimum of 3 game checks in doing so. But like Grayson it's a no risk idea. If he's not good, you release him. If he shows something, maybe he's someone they can build on?

    No disrespect to Grayson (and I know they signed him to the practice squad, whereas they would have to sign Webb to the roster) but Webb has more pedigree and is a few years younger.

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    I am not saying we don't need a new QB because we do. What I am saying is, instead of trashing the a guy who is capable of being a competent QB (we have seen in on the Vikings), why don't we show him a bit of support especially now.
    He was capable of being a competent QB last season and that was his only one where he looked "the part". Aside from that he has played poorly for a good portion of his career. What is most important is how close his games have been when he's played and not just WHAT his stats are but WHEN those stats occurred. So for example if you're playing from behind and you lose but you throw for 400 yards....oh well. The opponent was simply just trying to keep you from scoring a TD. If they are playing Zone for the back-end of the game then you'll get yards. You just wont score or get big plays.

    This season Keenum has shown that he has NOT been able to put the team on his back. In fact I'd argue that he has hurt the team more then he has helped it. Missing WR's high, under throwing them, speeding up his drops, playing scared....what makes that worse is that based on the stats he is getting reasonable protection....not great but reasonable on passing plays.

    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And if Sloter were that good, why would none of the QB hungry teams in the league try to trade for him? The Vikings have their QB, and they have their backup. There's no reason they wouldn't trade him if given a reasonable offer.

    Also given the Vikings QB injury issues the last couple of years they're going to have 3 QBs on their roster at all times.
    I agree. Don't mistake my comments as me trying to state that Sloter is gonna come here and play like Brady. I mean I suppose he could but it is so unlikely that it is just ridiculous to even go there. What I am saying is that right now is Hogan or Sloter better? Did Hogan show better composure than Sloter in the pocket? Did Sloter show a better ability to place the ball? etc etc. IMO Yes. Now can Hogan get better and raise his game...sure it is possible as well. The issue I have is that we seemingly keep taking risks with older QBs yet when it comes to guys who look OK and might be able to devleop we cut them.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    14,754
    Maybe Elway didn't mean 'Kicking and Screaming' after all
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    He was capable of being a competent QB last season and that was his only one where he looked "the part". Aside from that he has played poorly for a good portion of his career. What is most important is how close his games have been when he's played and not just WHAT his stats are but WHEN those stats occurred. So for example if you're playing from behind and you lose but you throw for 400 yards....oh well. The opponent was simply just trying to keep you from scoring a TD. If they are playing Zone for the back-end of the game then you'll get yards. You just wont score or get big plays.

    This season Keenum has shown that he has NOT been able to put the team on his back. In fact I'd argue that he has hurt the team more then he has helped it. Missing WR's high, under throwing them, speeding up his drops, playing scared....what makes that worse is that based on the stats he is getting reasonable protection....not great but reasonable on passing plays.



    I agree. Don't mistake my comments as me trying to state that Sloter is gonna come here and play like Brady. I mean I suppose he could but it is so unlikely that it is just ridiculous to even go there. What I am saying is that right now is Hogan or Sloter better? Did Hogan show better composure than Sloter in the pocket? Did Sloter show a better ability to place the ball? etc etc. IMO Yes. Now can Hogan get better and raise his game...sure it is possible as well. The issue I have is that we seemingly keep taking risks with older QBs yet when it comes to guys who look OK and might be able to devleop we cut them.

    I completely agree. I just for the life of me do not understand as to why not give these guys a chance. See if on actual Game Days see if they have what it takes to be an NFL QB it cannot be any worse than a crying Paxton Lynch or a Brock Oz who throws Interceptions or Case who over throws or under throws and hell just throws to the Opposite Team or Trevor who back pedals 500 yards then attempts to Throw. All I am saying is Give them a chance and who knows maybe they can be the Next Tom Brady or at worst they can be the Next Brock however you will never know if you do not Try!

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    1,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    No he's patently wrong....

    They are allowed to do whatever the heck they want in their off time. They had the party Monday, Tuesday is a rest day with no work.

    Do you ever have a bad week of work and go out to blow off some steam? This is no different and it is their right.

    They have a right to live their lives forever they choose in their free time.
    Youre incorrect. again.

    How is it an off-time? haha its 6 games into the season. A season whereby we are playing extremely poor and its the midweek before a meeting with a divisional rival and the best team in the league. I'm glad you are not running the team though in fairness you couldnt do a lot worse with that mentality.

    So by your logic you're ok with players being out in a downtown bar every night because it is their right? I'm all for players letting off steam but unfortunately it is impossible with some teams to be able to simply have a few beers without incident anymore.

    You should watch Australian rules football, they love a beer before and after the game you'll likely relate.

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,213
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Youre incorrect. again.

    How is it an off-time? haha its 6 games into the season. A season whereby we are playing extremely poor and its the midweek before a meeting with a divisional rival and the best team in the league. I'm glad you are not running the team though in fairness you couldnt do a lot worse with that mentality.

    So by your logic you're ok with players being out in a downtown bar every night because it is their right? I'm all for players letting off steam but unfortunately it is impossible with some teams to be able to simply have a few beers without incident anymore.

    You should watch Australian rules football, they love a beer before and after the game you'll likely relate.
    They did not practice the day following the party. Not sure why thatís hard to follow.

    The games the Broncos have played poorly in donít have anything to do with a Halloween party. The incident was solely on Chad Kelly. Donít extrapolate other issues.

    Getting together as a team can sometimes help. They played poorly in some games without parties in the week leading up to those games. Your comments fail to correlate cause and effect.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-25-2018 at 05:14 PM.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,245
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Youre incorrect. again.

    How is it an off-time? haha its 6 games into the season. A season whereby we are playing extremely poor and its the midweek before a meeting with a divisional rival and the best team in the league. I'm glad you are not running the team though in fairness you couldnt do a lot worse with that mentality.

    So by your logic you're ok with players being out in a downtown bar every night because it is their right? I'm all for players letting off steam but unfortunately it is impossible with some teams to be able to simply have a few beers without incident anymore.

    You should watch Australian rules football, they love a beer before and after the game you'll likely relate.
    So you're ok with players letting off steam so long as it conforms to what you deem acceptable.

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,305
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Youre incorrect. again.

    How is it an off-time? haha its 6 games into the season. A season whereby we are playing extremely poor and its the midweek before a meeting with a divisional rival and the best team in the league. I'm glad you are not running the team though in fairness you couldnt do a lot worse with that mentality.

    So by your logic you're ok with players being out in a downtown bar every night because it is their right? I'm all for players letting off steam but unfortunately it is impossible with some teams to be able to simply have a few beers without incident anymore.

    You should watch Australian rules football, they love a beer before and after the game you'll likely relate.
    This last sentence seems personal. Perhaps Iím mistaken?

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,273
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Youre incorrect. again.

    How is it an off-time? haha its 6 games into the season. A season whereby we are playing extremely poor and its the midweek before a meeting with a divisional rival and the best team in the league. I'm glad you are not running the team though in fairness you couldnt do a lot worse with that mentality.

    So by your logic you're ok with players being out in a downtown bar every night because it is their right? I'm all for players letting off steam but unfortunately it is impossible with some teams to be able to simply have a few beers without incident anymore.

    You should watch Australian rules football, they love a beer before and after the game you'll likely relate.
    First of all we don't know what the players do in their off time, and if they are able to go party and do their jobs the next day, who are we to complain? At a certain point you have to trust your employees to be responsible enough to have fun and get the job done. I'm assuming you've never run management or handled people. The second you assume unwanted control of their personal lives, you can guarantee you lose their respect and desire to perform for you.

    The Broncos came off a huge win with a 10 day break until their next game. It was a good time to relieve steam, and get back in time to prepare for the Chiefs' game. Theres also an understanding that some of the players may not be coming back again due to trades and cuts if we are going to rebuild. You certainly don't understand the team dynamic, - you haven't been in the locker rooms, team meetings, or events. Don't assume you know what's best, you're still just a fan looking from the outside in.

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,255
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Youre incorrect. again.

    How is it an off-time? haha its 6 games into the season. A season whereby we are playing extremely poor and its the midweek before a meeting with a divisional rival and the best team in the league. I'm glad you are not running the team though in fairness you couldnt do a lot worse with that mentality.

    So by your logic you're ok with players being out in a downtown bar every night because it is their right? I'm all for players letting off steam but unfortunately it is impossible with some teams to be able to simply have a few beers without incident anymore.

    You should watch Australian rules football, they love a beer before and after the game you'll likely relate.
    Actually I'm glad you aren't running the team cause the team would likely revolt.

    As for the bolded part, imo you really shouldn't put words in peoples mouth. Leave that to The Enquirer.

    As for being impossible for some teams, what more do you want. It was a controlled party in a controlled environment thrown by a team captain and leader. It also came with designated drivers marked with bans, uber drivers and security. I think the team was very controlled and responsible. One individual was not.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,255
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Youre incorrect. again.

    How is it an off-time? haha its 6 games into the season. A season whereby we are playing extremely poor and its the midweek before a meeting with a divisional rival and the best team in the league. I'm glad you are not running the team though in fairness you couldnt do a lot worse with that mentality.

    So by your logic you're ok with players being out in a downtown bar every night because it is their right? I'm all for players letting off steam but unfortunately it is impossible with some teams to be able to simply have a few beers without incident anymore.

    You should watch Australian rules football, they love a beer before and after the game you'll likely relate.


    I can relate, I like beer before, after and during the game
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,990
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Youre incorrect. again.

    How is it an off-time? haha its 6 games into the season. A season whereby we are playing extremely poor and its the midweek before a meeting with a divisional rival and the best team in the league. I'm glad you are not running the team though in fairness you couldnt do a lot worse with that mentality.

    So by your logic you're ok with players being out in a downtown bar every night because it is their right? I'm all for players letting off steam but unfortunately it is impossible with some teams to be able to simply have a few beers without incident anymore.

    You should watch Australian rules football, they love a beer before and after the game you'll likely relate.
    You're* and no I'm not. It's an off day because Tuesday is mandated by the league as a players day off. No team mandated activity

    If you work Monday through Friday, you have Saturday and Sunday off. This was their Saturday for the week. They have the right to spend it however they seem fit within legal limits. The only one who didn't spend their time legally was Chad Kelly...


  14. #464
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,990
    The nerve of yall thinking you have any say in how someone spends a day of work... Do you work 24/7? How dare any of you think they have to work 24/7 for your entertainment... That's not how this works.


  15. #465
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Probably Here
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The nerve of yall thinking you have any say in how someone spends a day of work... Do you work 24/7? How dare any of you think they have to work 24/7 for your entertainment... That's not how this works.
    As usual I find that after discussion I agree with most of the posters on this board more than I disagree. The point above is exactly right (as are your other posts). This is NOT about some ridiculous Halloween party. If the Broncos drop KC this weekend everyone will be talking about how this brought them together.

    The big issue here is the atrocious QB situation and the general manager that brought about this situation. Not only do we need to try to fix this with a QB in the first round, we need to trade up and spare no expense to get someone we think may be a franchise QB. Rinse and repeat year after year until we get it right. As much as I like our draft class this year, I would easily trade all of them for a viable starting QB.
    Maybe we should resign Rahim Moore so he could finally get the chance to knock down a Joe Flacco pass?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •