Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    So so bad in ot

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    So so bad in ot
    The coaching staff made a huge mistake with the OT line substitutions. And although the Kings player looked offsides to me, the coaches cost the Avs any chance of winning.

The Avs are 2-9 in their last 11 games, and have lost 5 in a row. Changes must be made if the Avs are going to salvage this season.

Im almost done tracking this team this season.

Oh look in a hole early once again

Stay out of the dang penalty box gee Avs are so undisciplined

Oh I'm done for a while taking a time out from the Avs can't defend can't score can't stay out the box can't save a shot
    Last edited by Blondie79; 01-02-2019 at 08:56 PM.

They are probably a year or so away. They just dont have a physical presence or secondary scoring right now. Theres been barrie trade speculation but that may not happen if he doesnt ask for much.

Hayes and stone have been talked about as possible trade or fa targets. Some dream about karlsson coming in fa agency too.

Hughes or kakko are top targets and supposedly either one of the 2 are step in ready.

Theres talk of grubs taking over number 1 with francouz in 2 while trading varly.

They are a playoff team but it may not bw until next year that they can compete. If they fall off then they could have w top ten picks but with how things are, i dont see them falling that far
    Glen Haven Fire

They can't even do the fundamentals properly right now, two guys chasing the puck leaving someone wide open for the shot on goal not once but twice.... goaltending has been garbage, and the offense can't put puck in net until it's to late.

I think we can all say Go Flames Go for tomorrow night! Just kidding. But I'm looking forward to watching it, possibly the two most dominant lines in hockey going head to head. Hopefully the Avalanche get back to winning on every other night except against the Flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I think we can all say Go Flames Go for tomorrow night! Just kidding. But I'm looking forward to watching it, possibly the two most dominant lines in hockey going head to head. Hopefully the Avalanche get back to winning on every other night except against the Flames.
    Don't worry flames might beat us by double digits

Dominated the jets and lost 7-4 lmao

Colorado completely outplayed Calgary and deserved a better fate. It's nice to escape with the 2 points, but that effort has me a little worried that the losses might not be far away.

Will this be the year that everyone finally admits that Varlamov sucks?

Looks like MacKinnon has had just about enough of Bednar. If there is going to be a power struggle between the two, I'll stand with MacKinnon.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mackinnon-b...145613907.html

Towards the end of any winning streak you're probably not playing that well, but you're still winning. The opposite is true, when you're on a losing streak, you're probably playing well enough to win, but you just aren't. The Avs played the top 2 Western Conference teams in 2 nights and dominated both games but lost. To me they have the look of a team that's going to go a long run to get things right. A goalie will get hot and they'll start going.

For the Flames right now the opposite is true, they've been bad in each of the first 5 games in 2019, yet somehow they're 4-1 in those games. It's going to catch up though if they don't start getting things right.

The loss to Montreal was pathetic. They were out-hustled, out-muscled, out-finessed, out-stick handled, out-speeded, out-shot, and out-worked. After the Calgary game where we lost 5-3, it should have been clear. We outshot Calgary 35 to 15, and we lost 5-3. LOLOLOL. Are you kidding me? The Avs have to work 3 times as hard as any opponent, just to stay even. The Avs look gassed, out of shape, with zero motivation.

That means one thing. Bednar has to go. And soon. Joel Quenneville is available having been fired by Chicago a while back. He coached here before, and Kroenke needs to bring him back, now.

Time to blow it up team sucks

It's crazy how many other decent goalies we've let go to keep Varlamov, who is trash.