Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Results 286 to 299 of 299
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,149
    Uh wth this trade is awful

    avalanche trade Tyson Barrie and Alexander Kerfoot to Toronto for Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen and a third-round selection

    I get that Barrie was probably gone next year anyway but what an awful return
    Last edited by Blondie79; 07-01-2019 at 04:06 PM.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,128
    Barrie and Kerfoot for a not too productive Center, and a minor league defenseman? We just traded 101 Points for 45 points. Sure Barrie was going to go at the end of the season. But he had more points on Defense than Cadri had as a Center. And Cadri is a dirty player who is likely to account for multiple suspensions. I have no idea what the hell Sakic is thinking.

    Yawn.............
    Last edited by gtown53; 07-01-2019 at 04:36 PM.

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,149
    I see Varly signed with the isles glad he's not going to be back with the Avs

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    I see Varly signed with the isles glad he's not going to be back with the Avs
    That makes two of us.

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,128
    Nathan Rudolph, the YouTube Avs guy, really likes the the Kadri trade, and makes some legitimate points.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDAXvXz4hIg

    We'll see.

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,221
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Barrie and Kerfoot for a not too productive Center, and a minor league defenseman? We just traded 101 Points for 45 points. Sure Barrie was going to go at the end of the season. But he had more points on Defense than Cadri had as a Center. And Cadri is a dirty player who is likely to account for multiple suspensions. I have no idea what the hell Sakic is thinking.

    Yawn.............

    This is a good trade. Maybe great. And it is extremely equal for both sides.

    Berrie is -3 lets not forget and we have all the guys to replace him. Kerfoot is nothing and disapepars in the playoffs.
    We were desperate for a top 6 Center and after breadman turned us down to go to the rangers, as well as a few other guys we had to make a trade for one. I like it a lot.

    Nez will bring the scoring. Hes a 30pt goal scorer when hes not on the grind line. He brings the attitude that we lack. Also Landy has been suspended more times than he has. The 3rd we get back replaces the 3rd we sent to the caps. So that trade looks even better now. Calle is a high upside kid. I do not think he will ever amount to anything, but he is a high upside kinda guy. Like jarvis Moss was for us. High upside, ultimately didnt amount to anything. but he could be an Elvis instead of a Jarvis.

    Me personally, I would have liked to see more or a different player than Nez, but as I have been saying, when both teams seem to think the other side won the trade you know its pretty good.

    Compher/Nez/Burakovskey (there is potential on that line to be good)
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,149
    I watched the yotube video that gtown posted and i am a little happier about the trade - Also sakic mentioned that they needed to take care of the guys on the roster currently also and Kadris contract is very team friendly. We shall see how ti plays out

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    This is a good trade. Maybe great. And it is extremely equal for both sides.

    Berrie is -3 lets not forget and we have all the guys to replace him. Kerfoot is nothing and disapepars in the playoffs.
    We were desperate for a top 6 Center and after breadman turned us down to go to the rangers, as well as a few other guys we had to make a trade for one. I like it a lot.

    Nez will bring the scoring. Hes a 30pt goal scorer when hes not on the grind line. He brings the attitude that we lack. Also Landy has been suspended more times than he has. The 3rd we get back replaces the 3rd we sent to the caps. So that trade looks even better now. Calle is a high upside kid. I do not think he will ever amount to anything, but he is a high upside kinda guy. Like jarvis Moss was for us. High upside, ultimately didnt amount to anything. but he could be an Elvis instead of a Jarvis.

    Me personally, I would have liked to see more or a different player than Nez, but as I have been saying, when both teams seem to think the other side won the trade you know its pretty good.

    Compher/Nez/Burakovskey (there is potential on that line to be good)
    Yeah, right. That's what I was reading on reddit.

    Here are the stats that I came up with comparing Landeskog to Kadri.

    Gabe - 579 GP - 9 games suspended, $388k in fines.

    Kadri - 561 GP - 18 games suspended, $470k in fines.

    That makes Kadri, objectively, a little less than twice as dirty as Gabe, and an NHL Thug.

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,149
    Avs have signed bednar to a two year extension, like the move I think he's been good for the guys

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Avs have signed bednar to a two year extension, like the move I think he's been good for the guys
    2 years ago, I was ready to see Bednar gone. Mainly because the Avs finishing 20 points behind the 2nd worst team in the NHL showed that we were a complete and total laughing stock. Bednar got it turned around with an influx of talent. And notwithstanding the Avs getting screwed out of the 1st Pick twice in the past three years, Sakic has done a good job of late in improving the talent level. I just hope we don't go through another December and January like we did last season.

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    2 years ago, I was ready to see Bednar gone. Mainly because the Avs finishing 20 points behind the 2nd worst team in the NHL showed that we were a complete and total laughing stock. Bednar got it turned around with an influx of talent. And notwithstanding the Avs getting screwed out of the 1st Pick twice in the past three years, Sakic has done a good job of late in improving the talent level. I just hope we don't go through another December and January like we did last season.
    With pretty much all these sports... it's really hard for coaches to come in and implement a different system with a set of guys from a prior system. It takes awhile to acquire the correct players through the draft and trade. This seems the most apparent in the NFL and the NHL. Bednar's system is all about speed and aggression.

    So- you're starting to see the patience with Bednar pay off, as he places all "his" guys around him.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 07-10-2019 at 11:40 AM.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    With pretty much all these sports... it's really hard for coaches to come in and implement a different system with a set of guys from a prior system. It takes awhile to acquire the correct players through the draft and trade. This is seems the most apparent in the NFL and the NHL. Bednar's system is all about speed and aggression.

    So- you're starting to see the patience with Bednar pay off, as he places all "his" guys around him.
    Exactly right. That first year, Bednar had the guys from Roy's tenure. And after that he was allowed to bring his own guys in. And just as you point out, the Avs are focused on Youth, Speed, and aggressiveness. The future looks bright.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    4,149
    Avs extended girard 7yr 35m pretty good contract for the avs at 5m a year

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Avs extended girard 7yr 35m pretty good contract for the avs at 5m a year
    Love it. Now Rantanen please.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •