Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Sharks getting all the help they need from officials unbelievable
    Yeah. There was no excuse for that. I wanted San Jose to win, but St. Louis really got screwed.

On another note, the Avs signed their 2016 Draft Pick, Swedish Goalie, Adam Werner. With Varly gone, I would think Francouz would get the first look as Grubauer's backup. But, this new Goalie is 6-5, 200 lbs., and has done well in Europe.

St. Louis wins Stanley Cup.

And yet, Ryan O'Reilly wasn't worth the money it would have taken to keep him. Like Stastny.

8 days until the NHL Draft!

It could be a big day for the Avs with the 4th Pick in tonights Draft. Of course, that's after the NHL Lottery has screwed the Avs out of the Top Pick for the 2nd time in two years.

The first two picks tonight are written in stone. After that, it's a toss of the dice. What do I mean by that? Just look at the Mock Drafts. I went down the list, and this is what I found. The only player that I found that more than one Mock Draft has us taking is Alex Turcotte. After that, it's Kirby Doch, Matthew Boldy, Trevor Zigras, Dylan Cozens, and Bowen Byram. So, clearly there is ZERO concensus. And considering we are talking about 17 and 18 year olds, that shouldn't be a surprise. Where did we take Duncan Siemens, who is now long gone after he didn't develop? 11th overall. And yet, Rantanen, who has developed into an NHL star, was 10th overall.

Sakic has done an OK job in the last few years in getting Rantanen, and the haul of players and picks we got for Duchene (who Ottawa quickly gave up on). But how about last years pick of Czech player, Martin Kaut? He hasn't impressed me. Hopefully Sakic gets this right, tonight.

Another option is to trade the Pick for a 2nd line scoring forward.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    It could be a big day for the Avs with the 4th Pick in tonights Draft. Of course, that's after the NHL Lottery has screwed the Avs out of the Top Pick for the 2nd time in two years.

The first two picks tonight are written in stone. After that, it's a toss of the dice. What do I mean by that? Just look at the Mock Drafts. I went down the list, and this is what I found. The only player that I found that more than one Mock Draft has us taking is Alex Turcotte. After that, it's Kirby Doch, Matthew Boldy, Trevor Zigras, Dylan Cozens, and Bowen Byram. So, clearly there is ZERO concensus. And considering we are talking about 17 and 18 year olds, that shouldn't be a surprise. Where did we take Duncan Siemens, who is now long gone after he didn't develop? 11th overall. And yet, Rantanen, who has developed into an NHL star, was 10th overall.

Sakic has done an OK job in the last few years in getting Rantanen, and the haul of players and picks we got for Duchene (who Ottawa quickly gave up on). But how about last years pick of Czech player, Martin Kaut? He hasn't impressed me. Hopefully Sakic gets this right, tonight.

Another option is to trade the Pick for a 2nd line scoring forward.
    Donít forget we also have pick 16. The mocks ive seen we donít have to trade down from 4 to get a send line forward. Some projections Iíve seen have us addressing that at 16.

I like the idea of Byrum at 4 giving us what I read would be two of the better offensive ability defensemen in the league.

But as far as the consensus Iíve read the top two are the only ones that have a real shot at playing at the NHL level next year. So we are likely looking at a couple of years of development with our picks.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Donít forget we also have pick 16. The mocks ive seen we donít have to trade down from 4 to get a send line forward. Some projections Iíve seen have us addressing that at 16.

I like the idea of Byrum at 4 giving us what I read would be two of the better offensive ability defensemen in the league.

But as far as the consensus Iíve read the top two are the only ones that have a real shot at playing at the NHL level next year. So we are likely looking at a couple of years of development with our picks.
    I'm hearing from some people that a Goalie might be an option at 16, or more likely, in the 2nd Round. If Francouz moves up to the Avs backup, then we will need a replacement for Colorado Springs. It should be very interesting!

Rumors are we are trying to trade with the Isle and send barrie there.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Not unhappy with that pick 😁 future d looking pretty good, now flip Barry

Top Defensemen are few, and far between. When one is available, you have to take him. Bowen Byram should be on the ice next fall. And this could spell some moves (Barrie) in the near future. Doch would have been great, and we need 2nd line scoring since Soderberg is being rumored to being moved, but I can live with this.

Really good first round for the Avs

Alex Newhook, taken at #16, will be an incoming freshman at Boston College in the Fall. So, it will be a couple of years before we see him.

Your team has had a really good first day!!!

With Byram, your D is looking amazing for the future, and Newhook is another quality center, and really good young man!
    Last edited by CanDB; 06-22-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Your team has had a really good first day!!!

With Byram, your D is looking amazing for the future, and Newhook is another quality center, and really good young man!
    Newhook and Helleson (Defenseman) are both going to Boston College, in the fall. So we won't be seeing either of those guys for a year or two (other than at rookie camp). One thing I noticed is that every player we chose, except for Newhook, is over 6-feet tall, with some size to them. And Newhook is like 5-11, 190 lbs. Which is kind of amazing for 17 and 18-year olds. Clearly we are going for speed, skating ability, AND size.

It's rumored that we are going to make an offer to Artemi Panarin (meeting today). And that would certainly help to solve our secondary scoring problems. But, he is likely to cost $10 million plus.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Newhook and Helleson (Defenseman) are both going to Boston College, in the fall. So we won't be seeing either of those guys for a year or two (other than at rookie camp). One thing I noticed is that every player we chose, except for Newhook, is over 6-feet tall, with some size to them. And Newhook is like 5-11, 190 lbs. Which is kind of amazing for 17 and 18-year olds. Clearly we are going for speed, skating ability, AND size.

It's rumored that we are going to make an offer to Artemi Panarin (meeting today). And that would certainly help to solve our secondary scoring problems. But, he is likely to cost $10 million plus.
    Byram could start sooner than later, and think of the quality of your D long term. Makar and Byram will anchor your team for the next 10 seasons or more! And with young stars like McKinnon and Rantanen leading the forward charge, and a quality goalie, you folks are set, IMO. This team has deep playoff runs written all over it! Hey, if you could land Panarin, that would be fantastic, though he will cost a few bucks, and rightfully so.

Byram could start sooner than later, and think of the quality of your D long term. Makar and Byram will anchor your team for the next 10 seasons or more! And with young stars like McKinnon and Rantanen leading the forward charge, and a quality goalie, you folks are set, IMO. This team has deep playoff runs written all over it! Hey, if you could land Panarin, that would be fantastic, as long as you don't blow the budget.
    There's also free agency and possible a trade or two. I like the future for the Avs

Byram could start sooner than later, and think of the quality of your D long term. Makar and Byram will anchor your team for the next 10 seasons or more! And with young stars like McKinnon and Rantanen leading the forward charge, and a quality goalie, you folks are set, IMO. This team has deep playoff runs written all over it! Hey, if you could land Panarin, that would be fantastic, though he will cost a few bucks, and rightfully so.
    Conor Timmins received more accolades than did Makar at the World Juniors. And he has now been given a green light following an extensive recovery from a concussion. And don't forget about Nicolas Meloche, who we took 40th overall in 2015, and signed an entry level contract with the Avs in 2017. So, I agree with you, the future is very bright for this franchise.