• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frenchy180
    Football Immortal
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Time to blow it up team sucks
    We've got a great core, lots of young players with talent who should develop into really solid depth, lots of organizational depth upcoming, not to mention most likely having Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko on the team next year... Cup in the next three years if we stay on this path.
    Last edited by Frenchy180; 01-16-2019, 11:39 PM.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• gtown53
      All-Pro
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
      We've got a great core, lots of young players with talent who should develop into really solid depth, lots of organizational depth upcoming, not to mention most likely having Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kakko on the team next year... Cup in the next three years if we stay on this path.
      We just lost to, and were dominated by, the worst team in the NHL (Ottawa). After the positive steps the Avs took last season, that's a huge problem. Players like Compher, Jost, Andrighetto, and Bourque need to be very, very worried about their future in the NHL. And Bednar should be even more worried about HIS future as an NHL Coach.

We get Ottawa's Draft Pick in the Duchene trade, which will be a Lottery Pick, in the upcoming Draft. So, if we go by where we chose in the Lottery year before last, we will get the 4th Pick. The 4th Pick is the worst Pick that the worst team can possibly get in the Lottery, and judging by our history, it will be the worst pick. So, I wouldn't bet on Kakko or Hughes. We just aren't that lucky.

We also have Makar about to join the team after the college season is over. That should be a boost. Shane Bowers is headed our way. And hopefully Conor Timmons will eventually recover from the Concussion that has kept him off of the ice for a year. I suspect Timmons career could well be over before he ever sees NHL ice. Really too bad. And, if we continue to drop like a sack of dirt, as we have for the last month, our own Draft Pick should be a pretty good one. So yeah, in a few years, and with a new Goalie, we should be competitive with the top teams.

Comment

• gtown53
        All-Pro
        • Apr 2008

MacKinnon has MRI on injured foot. Won't be involved in "skills" competition at NHL All-Star game.

Comment

• Blondie79
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2007

Welp all star break did them no good

Comment

• gtown53
            All-Pro
            • Apr 2008

I'll be shocked if Bednar makes it to the end of the season. Clearly he has lost the team. But, then again, I don't believe we have a lot of "rocket scientists" in the Front Office. So, who knows.

Comment

• DenverBlood
              Football Immortal
              • Nov 2005

This is starting to feel like the worst Avs team in franchise history.
              sigpic

Comment

• Blondie79
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2007

Is it baseball season yet??

Comment

• DenverBlood
                  Football Immortal
                  • Nov 2005

Is it baseball season yet??
                  Soon, very soon.
                  sigpic

Comment

• gtown53
                    All-Pro
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    This is starting to feel like the worst Avs team in franchise history.
                    You must have been out of the country season before last when the Avs finished 20 POINTS BEHIND THE 2ND WORST TEAM IN THE NHL. That was the year when we should have had the 1st Pick in the Draft, but because of the phony, scammed/fixed NHL"Lottery" system, we ended up with the 4th Pick, which was the worst pick that the Avs could have possibly received.

This year we have Ottawa's Pick. And Ottawa is very likely to be the worst team in the NHL. So, once again, I fully expect us to get the 4th Pick. However, if the Avs keep losing, we may very well have two Lottery Picks.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                      You must have been out of the country season before last when the Avs finished 20 POINTS BEHIND THE 2ND WORST TEAM IN THE NHL. That was the year when we should have had the 1st Pick in the Draft, but because of the phony, scammed/fixed NHL"Lottery" system, we ended up with the 4th Pick, which was the worst pick that the Avs could have possibly received.

This year we have Ottawa's Pick. And Ottawa is very likely to be the worst team in the NHL. So, once again, I fully expect us to get the 4th Pick. However, if the Avs keep losing, we may very well have two Lottery Picks.
                      No I just blocked it out of my mind.
                      I really was just referencing since this slump began after we were as high as the 2 seed. For like two months now it seems like they lose every single game even if they get to OT.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Blondie79
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2007

Might as well just tank now top line was figured out weeks ago, we have no depth behind that, no goaltending and no discipline. Coaches and front office are obviously content with not winning

Comment

• gtown53
                          All-Pro
                          • Apr 2008

Might as well just tank now top line was figured out weeks ago, we have no depth behind that, no goaltending and no discipline. Coaches and front office are obviously content with not winning
                          I'm guessing we will have 2 Lottery Picks this summer. Unfortunately that is pretty meaningless in the NHL where top picks can languish in the Minors for years. (see Duncan Siemens).

Maybe that's why they haven't fired Bednar yet. My fear is that players like MacKinnon could go to the press with Trade demands.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                            Football Immortal
                            • Nov 2005

A blind squirrel found a nut.
                            sigpic

Comment

• gtown53
                              All-Pro
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              A blind squirrel found a nut.
                              Ha ha ha. Yeah, it was a pretty good win against a superior team. I saw two things. I saw a team working harder than in recent months (why? I don't know), and I saw that the Avs have brought up Toninato, and earlier, Greer and Graves. I'd like to see the new guys getting a helluva lot more time on the ice than they have been getting. And I'd like to see more players brought up. The only concern is over who we can bring up, or which college players (Makar and Bowers) we can play without exposing them to the upcoming expansion Draft where we have gotten assaulted. We are not a team that will be able to do ANYTHING in the Playoffs, so I wouldn't mind seeing us "suck for the Lottery".

Comment

• Frenchy180
                                Football Immortal
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                                Ha ha ha. Yeah, it was a pretty good win against a superior team. I saw two things. I saw a team working harder than in recent months (why? I don't know), and I saw that the Avs have brought up Toninato, and earlier, Greer and Graves. I'd like to see the new guys getting a helluva lot more time on the ice than they have been getting. And I'd like to see more players brought up. The only concern is over who we can bring up, or which college players (Makar and Bowers) we can play without exposing them to the upcoming expansion Draft where we have gotten assaulted. We are not a team that will be able to do ANYTHING in the Playoffs, so I wouldn't mind seeing us "suck for the Lottery".
                                I'm in the same boat as far as not minding seeing us end up with a lottery pick... I just want them to commit to a playoff push or lottery pick sooner than later...
                                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X