Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Also just saw that the Calgary Hitmen (our local junior team) has playoff games scheduled at the dome for Wednesday April 10th and Sunday April 14th. So it's a certainty that the first two playoff games for the Flames will be scheduled for April 11th and April 13th.

Sorry to talk Flames, but since we'll be playing you guys in those games I figured you'd want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Also just saw that the Calgary Hitmen (our local junior team) has playoff games scheduled at the dome for Wednesday April 10th and Sunday April 14th. So it's a certainty that the first two playoff games for the Flames will be scheduled for April 11th and April 13th.

Sorry to talk Flames, but since we'll be playing you guys in those games I figured you'd want to know.
    How dare you discuss the Flames in here

That's good info to know for sure, so that puts our home games as 15th and 17th most likely?

Pretty crazy the Avs moved within 1 point of clinching the playoffs, and secured the best odds in the draft lottery on the same night.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Technically we could still catch Dallas for the 7 seed however I realize thatís as likely as us blowing the playoffs altogether.

Wow incredible fight from the Avs - playoffs baby!

And a win!!! What a roller coaster of a season
    Last edited by Blondie79; 04-04-2019 at 08:42 PM.

About damn time they made playoffs in back to back seasons. I fell in love with the team from 95-2004 being perennial contenders. Itís been a painful 15 years rarely making it.

Now letís hope ottowas ball drops first so we can take Jack Hughes and get back to yearly playoffs.

The Stars could still lose their finale in Chicago tonight. Meaning if we upset San Jose tomorrow we would either play San Jose or heaven forbid even Nashville again if they win their finale. Instead of Calgary.

I almost think Iíd prefer Calgary though just because I donít want to listen to Nashville fans again and historically the Sharks own us.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The Stars could still lose their finale in Chicago tonight. Meaning if we upset San Jose tomorrow we would either play San Jose or heaven forbid even Nashville again if they win their finale. Instead of Calgary.

I almost think Iíd prefer Calgary though just because I donít want to listen to Nashville fans again and historically the Sharks own us.
    Stars have two games left - think I'd prefer Calgary to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Stars have two games left - think I'd prefer Calgary to be honest
    My bad I read their point total of 91 and for some reason told myself it was 81 games played.

I almost think I’d prefer Calgary though just because I don’t want to listen to Nashville fans again and historically the Sharks own us.
    No possibility of playing San Jose, they're locked in to playing Vegas in round 1. Calgary v Colorado should be an entertaining series, both teams play offensive styles and can score goals.

No disrespect intended towards Colorado, because there is a lot of skill there, but the Flames fans would definitely prefer they play Colorado over Dallas. Dallas has had Calgary's number this year, and they play a suffocating style that gives the Flames problems. I truly think that Dallas could go on a long run this year, like Nashville in 16-17. With Colorado it's likely going to be more back and forth chances which really fits the game the Flames prefer to play.

No possibility of playing San Jose, they're locked in to playing Vegas in round 1. Calgary v Colorado should be an entertaining series, both teams play offensive styles and can score goals.

No disrespect intended towards Colorado, because there is a lot of skill there, but the Flames fans would definitely prefer they play Colorado over Dallas. Dallas has had Calgary's number this year, and they play a suffocating style that gives the Flames problems. I truly think that Dallas could go on a long run this year, like Nashville in 16-17. With Colorado it's likely going to be more back and forth chances which really fits the game the Flames prefer to play.
    Itís not that I would want to play the top seed. So much as we have no history to hate you guys. I canít stand predator fans. And as I mentioned this morning we historically get owned by San Jose.

So itís more of a wanting an playoff unknown in Calgary for us.

It’s not that I would want to play the top seed. So much as we have no history to hate you guys. I can’t stand predator fans. And as I mentioned this morning we historically get owned by San Jose.

So it’s more of a wanting an playoff unknown in Calgary for us.
    I get it. They've never met in the playoffs. When Colorado was dominant, Calgary was awful. And when they were in the same division Colorado just won game after game after game. There should be a rivalry after this year. Both first lines are highly skilled, with Colorado having an advantage between those two lines...assuming your 2 guys will be back? I'm assuming that top Colorado line will see a lot of Frolik-Backlund-Tkachuk, which would be Calgary's top shutdown line. And I assume that after 1 period in game 1 Colorado fans will have an intense hate for Tkachuk.

Good to see some new contributors on the Avs Message Board!

Although I believe that the Avs need to be very careful about how many games to play Makar because he might have to be protected in the upcoming expansion Draft while exposing someone else, I can't help but believe he might be of some help. Here's a nice article on Makar and how he transformed a college hockey program.

https://www.masslive.com/umass/2019/...y-melrose.html

Calgary it is.

Not Avalanche related, but that injury to McDavid doesn't look good. As much as hate the Oilers, and dislike him because he's an Oiler, I hope he's 100% soon.

Not Avalanche related, but that injury to McDavid doesn't look good. As much as hate the Oilers, and dislike him because he's an Oiler, I hope he's 100% soon.
    Some good news....the Xrays are negative, but he believed it was broken when it happened.

McDavid is the overall best player in hockey, (though Crosby still gets consideration from me) and it's sad that he has to do everything in Edmonton, a team that has wasted their string of lucky draft lotteries, to get to this. They are going nowhere fast. With all that he does, he probably had to work the Xray machine.