Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 76 to 82 of 82
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    3,792
    Quite an impressive win over Las Vegas, last night. Bringing up the minor leaguers has really changed the vibe for this team. Agozzino, Greer, and Graves appear to be helping. If there is any problem with the new guys, it's that they aren't getting enough ice time. The Avs are only a point out of the Wild Card race. Should be interesting.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,500
    Just a word about your team....first off, they beat my Jets last week in Winnipeg, and tomorrow they go at it again in Denver. Not boasting but we have a really good team these days. So if your team plays well again, I give them a pat on the back for staying tough. But things are looking good, as you have noted. Ottawa is so messed up with their management, that they gave you a potential #1 overall pick next year, plus the one you already have. Some say that if you tanked, you could end up with 2 great picks! Could happen either way, in the lottery. But I can see you having a shot at Hughes.

    Not to mention, you do have one of the very best lines in the game, as is.

    Good luck tomorrow, and hope you folks like what you see in the draft!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver, Co
    Posts
    3,933
    Impressive win tonight and a winning. Streak! Varly finally playing well

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,763
    Who is this team the past week beating playoff teams? And convincingly.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    15,763
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Just a word about your team....first off, they beat my Jets last week in Winnipeg, and tomorrow they go at it again in Denver. Not boasting but we have a really good team these days. So if your team plays well again, I give them a pat on the back for staying tough. But things are looking good, as you have noted. Ottawa is so messed up with their management, that they gave you a potential #1 overall pick next year, plus the one you already have. Some say that if you tanked, you could end up with 2 great picks! Could happen either way, in the lottery. But I can see you having a shot at Hughes.

    Not to mention, you do have one of the very best lines in the game, as is.

    Good luck tomorrow, and hope you folks like what you see in the draft!
    Got em again last night Can. And very convincingly. They are going to mess around and get my hopes up again and probably fall flat on their face.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    3,792
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Got em again last night Can. And very convincingly. They are going to mess around and get my hopes up again and probably fall flat on their face.
    Yeah, that's the way I feel. It's like a completely different team is on the ice after a 2-month trainwreck. The Avs are giving some playing time to some players who were brought up from the minors, and that appears to be helping. And splitting up one of the best lines in the NHL seems to be helping the team. Sadly, I can't help but believe this little burst of effort will be short-lived. I hope I'm wrong. But yeah, the Avs dominated, last night. Hope it continues.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    30,500
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Got em again last night Can. And very convincingly. They are going to mess around and get my hopes up again and probably fall flat on their face.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Yeah, that's the way I feel. It's like a completely different team is on the ice after a 2-month trainwreck. The Avs are giving some playing time to some players who were brought up from the minors, and that appears to be helping. And splitting up one of the best lines in the NHL seems to be helping the team. Sadly, I can't help but believe this little burst of effort will be short-lived. I hope I'm wrong. But yeah, the Avs dominated, last night. Hope it continues.
    That was probably our most one sided defeat all season. it's a shame your team slid after such a great start, but you're a wild card as we speak. It's a tight conference, but you are certainly in the pack! Chicago may be a team to watch, as they've been coming on strong. But The Jets will not be looking at you as a weaker team!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •