Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    But to return to this thread topic....CONGRATZ AVS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    But to return to this thread topic....CONGRATZ AVS!!!
    It was nice to make it back to back years Can. Though it would be nice to stop squeaking in.

It will be icing on the cake if we can manage to get Ottowas name called first and draft Jack Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It was nice to make it back to back years Can. Though it would be nice to stop squeaking in.

It will be icing on the cake if we can manage to get Ottowas name called first and draft Jack Hughes.
    I know I've mentioned, but you stole Ottawa's lunch. And even if you don't get Hughes, you will land a stud. Future is very bright for your team!

Our Jets stumbled towards the playoffs, handing the division back to Nashville, and very nearly losing home ice advantage to St. Lou. We have a talented team, and could go far. But the last stretch has been confusing.

Have to say, it's Tampa Bay's to lose. If they stay healthy, I give them a distinct advantage. BUT there are no guarantees in the playoffs.

Still gonna get a good player but the lottery is a complete joke and most probably rigged top 3 markets in the top 3 .....
    Can someone tell me how you automatically end up in top 3 for moving up? I'm totally confused
    Last edited by Blondie79; 04-09-2019 at 05:50 PM.

In 2017, the Avs finished the season 20 Points behind the 2nd worst team in the NHL, and just like today, ended up with the worst possible Pick they could receive (4th). The Draft Lottery is rigged, and a completely phony exercise. And although Kroenke could care less, if I owned the Avs, I'd sue, even if I knew the results were going to go in the NHL's favor. Look at the Lottery odds. The Avs had an 18% chance of getting the 1st Pick, and a 50% chance of getting the 4th Pick. How the hell does that happen?

I would assume that Bettman is still smarting over having to fork over an 8-figure settlement to Steven Moore after getting the Bertuzzi lawsuit delayed for 10 freakin' years way up in Canada.

The NHL lottery is a complete joke.

That said with all the high picks theyíve had the Avs have no excuse not to be getting more and more loaded soon.

That game went south in a hurry after a solid first 35 minutes.

Both Colorado teams shutout last night.

Nothing that happened last night surprised me at all. It will likely be a 4 and out Series. And it is unlikely that Makar will be available to give us a boost before the series is over.

But, where there's life, there is hope. The two teams still have to play the games. The good news is that we will hopefully have an iinflux of top talent (Makar, Bowers, Timmons) for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Nothing that happened last night surprised me at all. It will likely be a 4 and out Series. And it is unlikely that Makar will be available to give us a boost before the series is over.

But, where there's life, there is hope. The two teams still have to play the games. The good news is that we will hopefully have an iinflux of top talent (Makar, Bowers, Timmons) for next season.
    Thatís not what they were saying on the telecast last night. They said even if he made the title game he could still be available for Game 3.

If they want to give him a little rest it could be game 4. But I suppose if itís 3-0 at that point then no point in rushing him.

Thank you for saving my Saturday night sports misery!!! Avs deserved that win played well tonight let's go!

Possible we see makar in game 3 too

Leeeeets Goooo!!!

Avalaaaanche. Yeeessss!!!

How good is mikkos passing he made two incredible passes for 2 assists

And they could potentially get Makar tomorrow.

I think it's pretty clear whose side the Lord is on. LOL! AND, Makar is now signed to a 3-year entry level contract.

And I believe that if Makar plays in a single game this season, that will count as one of the 3 years on his Contract. So the Avs have to ask themselves if they want to play Makar in the Playoffs, and have him for two more seasons, or not play him, and have him for 3 years starting next season.
    Last edited by gtown53; 04-14-2019 at 05:27 PM.

I guess with Girard hurt, the Avs felt they have to play Makar. He's looking good, early with his zone entry and PP Quarterbacking. And then, Makar scores. Looks like he's going to be a good one.
    Last edited by gtown53; 04-15-2019 at 07:50 PM.