• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    Conor Timmins received more accolades than did Makar at the World Juniors. And he has now been given a green light following an extensive recovery from a concussion. And don't forget about Nicolas Meloche, who we took 40th overall in 2015, and signed an entry level contract with the Avs in 2017. So, I agree with you, the future is very bright for this franchise.
    Hey pal....I could have even gone further with my accolades. I am a Winnipeg Jet fan, but your team is seriously going to be a factor for the next 5-10 years, based on what we know today. I hope you land Panarin. But if you don't, I think you are more than just fine.:thumb:

Comment

• gtown53
      All-Pro
      • Apr 2008

We also need to remember that we got 1st Round Draft pick, Shane Bowers from Ottawa in the Duchene trade. He has been playing for Boston University for the last 2 years, and we just signed him in March to his entry-level contract. I would assume that he goes straight to the Colorado Eagles, in the Springs.

Comment

• gtown53
        All-Pro
        • Apr 2008

Carl Soderberg traded for Kevin Connauton. I really liked the stability and scoring that Soderberg brought to the Avs. I'm also assuming Nemeth won't be coming back. And it's probably a toss of the dice with Zadarov. I know ZERO about Connauton other than he isn't a scorer, and doesn't appear to be an enforcer.

Comment

• underrated29
          Why did the fans get Dumb
          • Feb 2006

Carl Soderberg traded for Kevin Connauton. I really liked the stability and scoring that Soderberg brought to the Avs. I'm also assuming Nemeth won't be coming back. And it's probably a toss of the dice with Zadarov. I know ZERO about Connauton other than he isn't a scorer, and doesn't appear to be an enforcer.

He sucks.
          But getting the 3rd and dropping the cap hit was huge! Definitely a big win for the avs on this trade.
          Lets go get the bread man!
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Blondie79
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2007

More about a salary dump than anything else

Comment

• gtown53
              All-Pro
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
              More about a salary dump than anything else
              I'm hearing it's more about "roster clearing" than a cap dump, to give Jost/Compher/Kerfoot more of the minutes that Soderberg was getting. I'm hoping it was to free up Cap Space for the signing of Panarin.

Comment

• gtown53
                All-Pro
                • Apr 2008

Here's the Avs numbers that I could find:

The NHL Cap is $81.5 million, the floor is $60.2 million, and the Avs are currently at $42.6 million. So, right now, the Avs are about $40 million below the Cap, and are around $17 million below the floor. If the Avs actually pay Rantanen, that will probably account for around $10 million, plus or minus.

Zadorov is a RFA, who is currently not under Contract (he'll probably cost $4 or 5 million). Nemeth, Brassard, Borque, and Wilson are all UFA's. Andrighetto isn't going to be re-signed.

If any of this is wrong, please correct it.

Comment

• underrated29
                  • Feb 2006

I thought we let andrighetto go.
                  So far:

Comment

• gtown53
                    All-Pro
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                    I thought we let andrighetto go.
                    As I said in my Post, "Andrighetto isn't going to be re-signed."

Comment

• underrated29
                      • Feb 2006

As I said in my Post, "Andrighetto isn't going to be re-signed."
                      Yeah cuz hes gone lol
                      So far:

Comment

• Blondie79
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2007

The Colorado Avalanche have made a trade with the Washington Capitals to acquire LW Andre Burakovsky in exchange for two picks and a minor league player who is not a prospect

Think it was a 2nd and 3rd next year

Comment

• gtown53
                          All-Pro
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                          The Colorado Avalanche have made a trade with the Washington Capitals to acquire LW Andre Burakovsky in exchange for two picks and a minor league player who is not a prospect

Think it was a 2nd and 3rd next year
                          He's young and has some upside. But if he doesn't improve from what we've seen so far in his career, it was a mistake for which we will be overpaying.

Comment

• Houshmazode
                            The Mountaineer
                            • Sep 2006

We also traded Toninato for Jacob MacDonald.
                            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                            sigpic

Comment

• Houshmazode
                              The Mountaineer
                              • Sep 2006

We signed Joonas Donskoi for 4 years, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare for 2 and re-signed Colin Wilson for 1. Solid.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

• gtown53
                                All-Pro
                                • Apr 2008

I know all the arguments about Donskoi, and how that looking deeper into his stats show how truly valuable he is. I don't buy a word of it. He's a marginal player who is inconsistent at best.

And the only reason WE aren't signing some big, talented Free Agents is because MacKinnon's agent screwed up, big time.

Do people not understand that we have arguably the best player in the NHL on the roster who is under Contract at $6.3 million per year through 2022? How can the Avs sign ANYBODY, including Rantannen, to a bigger Contract than that without screwing over MacKinnon? Plus, we are $17 million UNDER the Cap Floor? MacKinnon has 3 years left on his Contract. The Avs need to re-do his Contract, pay him what he is actually worth, and then worry about signing Rantannen, Zadorov, and all the rest.

And, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare? How in the world did we pry this magnificent hockey specimen out of Las Vegas' hands after the kind of "offensive powerhouse" numbers he put up last season? LOL!
                                Last edited by gtown53; 07-01-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X