Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Looks like the Avs luck may be running dry a little bit now.

Playoffs looking like a real long shot now, what an awful loss.

Well the streak was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Playoffs looking like a real long shot now, what an awful loss.
    Huge win last night. Not sure why you say a long shot though. They are only 2 points out with nearly 20 games left. Thatís far from a long shot.

That said they look like they are starting to fall back to the norm and the streak was in fact a fluke. Last night was a good win but a team like Detroit has no business forcing OT in Denver.

Iím more concerned the Wild suddenly turned into world beaters. Huge streak and nearly won in Nashville last night. They need to have their streak come to a halt soon or you will be correct about longshot.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Huge win last night. Not sure why you say a long shot though. They are only 2 points out with nearly 20 games left. Thatís far from a long shot.

That said they look like they are starting to fall back to the norm and the streak was in fact a fluke. Last night was a good win but a team like Detroit has no business forcing OT in Denver.

Iím more concerned the Wild suddenly turned into world beaters. Huge streak and nearly won in Nashville last night. They need to have their streak come to a halt soon or you will be correct about longshot.
    I say long shot because the avs have been so inconsistent and keep making stupid mistakes I mean taking a to many men penalty with 3 mins to go. Dallas and wild are playing good hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    I say long shot because the avs have been so inconsistent and keep making stupid mistakes I mean taking a to many men penalty with 3 mins to go. Dallas and wild are playing good hockey.
    Well yeah I mean I wasnít buying the mini streak anyway. But they could technically still get on another run and not just make it but get to a higher seed than 8.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well yeah I mean I wasnít buying the mini streak anyway. But they could technically still get on another run and not just make it but get to a higher seed than 8.
    Oh I get it I do, not saying they can't or won't make playoffs a win like last night could be just what they need to make a push
    Last edited by Blondie79; 03-06-2019 at 10:49 PM.

What an aweful performance last night. I forget the exact statistic but theyve won the the same amount of games from dec until now as they won in only the month of november. Bednar needs to be fired and they have as many holes if not more than the broncos do.
    They just got dominated last night.
    Glen Haven Fire

Landys out 4-6 weeks - after last nights loss can't see us making it ( I will eat crow if I'm wrong ) but I don't think I am at this point.

The avs cant contend v's physical teams been that way for few years now

Time to "suck for the Lottery". Not that we wouldn't be doing that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Time to "suck for the Lottery". Not that we wouldn't be doing that anyway.
    Yeah my dream now until further notice is picking 1 and 2 which is a possibilty. Get hughes and kakko. Maybe pickup zucker or ferland. That along with makar and hit the ground running next year.

Have to figure out something for goalie too though as varly is in contract year and i dont want to resign him to any length due to injury and inconsistency. Grubauer has been aweful as well. They should have had francouz play more this year to see if hes a capable backup. I believe he is and the players all seemed to play hard for him.
    Glen Haven Fire

Well played game today probably the most complete game of the season .. go figure

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Yeah my dream now until further notice is picking 1 and 2 which is a possibilty. Get hughes and kakko. Maybe pickup zucker or ferland. That along with makar and hit the ground running next year.

Have to figure out something for goalie too though as varly is in contract year and i dont want to resign him to any length due to injury and inconsistency. Grubauer has been aweful as well. They should have had francouz play more this year to see if hes a capable backup. I believe he is and the players all seemed to play hard for him.
    The Avs have to be very careful of playing ANY of their young players (Francouz) for fear that it will expose them to the upcoming expansion "Seattle" Draft. I'm assuming that's why Timmons still hasn't played a year after his concussion.

Where the heck did Arizona come from all of a sudden??? We are running out of time.

Tonight is do or die for the Avs. If they donít pull the upset in Minnesota the season is likely over.