Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Looking an awful lot like it'll be the Avalanche v Flames in the first round. That's not an easy matchup with MacKinnon playing at a Hart level and the Avalanche playing pretty good hockey right now. Big win over Arizona tonight, 3 points up (4 on Minnesota) with each team having 8 possible points left is a nice cushion.
    It is but we have a brutal remaining schedule. 3 games left against playoff opponents with 2 of them being on the road.

They need to make sure they donít let down at home to the Oilers and get at least one game against those playoff teams. And that should be enough to lock it down.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It is but we have a brutal remaining schedule. 3 games left against playoff opponents with 2 of them being on the road.

They need to make sure they donít let down at home to the Oilers and get at least one game against those playoff teams. And that should be enough to lock it down.
    The good side is both wild and coyotes also have tough schedules too

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    The good side is both wild and coyotes also have tough schedules too
    Iíve been too lazy to check. I was hoping so. In basketball it seems like Utah always plays cupcakes. So I was afraid the hockey rivals were too.

Hopefully we are the best equipped for some wins over those playoff teams. And just 2-2 would mean the other 2 have to win all 4 of their remaining games.

Iíve been too lazy to check. I was hoping so. In basketball it seems like Utah always plays cupcakes. So I was afraid the hockey rivals were too.

Hopefully we are the best equipped for some wins over those playoff teams. And just 2-2 would mean the other 2 have to win all 4 of their remaining games.
    Coyotes v wild, vs Kings @ Vegas @ jets

Wild v coyotes, v jets v bruins @ stars

Well the Wild are all but eliminated. But those pesky coyotes may be a problem.

Huuuuuge point earned.

Woulda preferred two points but I'll take the one point that was huge being 2 down with only a few mins left. Pretty gutsy comeback

Was an incredible game to watch

Absolutely have to take care of business tonight against the Oilers. Theyíll be tired but they have to gut out a win and get two points.

Absolutely have to take care of business tonight against the Oilers. They’ll be tired but they have to gut out a win and get two points.
    The Oilers lack talent (outside of their top 2 players) and quit on themselves weeks ago. The only real hope the Oilers have is if they react to McDavid's words from yesterday (he was angry about continually not being a playoff team). Jump on them early with a couple of quick goals and the game will be over.

The Coyotes will have an interesting matchup. The Kings looked like a team that just wants the season to end in an embarrassing loss to the Flames last night. A Flames team that sat their top 4 defensemen and 2/3 of their second line. I'd say they might try to show some pride tonight, but their best player (Doughty) just went out and skated around last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The Oilers lack talent (outside of their top 2 players) and quit on themselves weeks ago. The only real hope the Oilers have is if they react to McDavid's words from yesterday (he was angry about continually not being a playoff team). Jump on them early with a couple of quick goals and the game will be over.

The Coyotes will have an interesting matchup. The Kings looked like a team that just wants the season to end in an embarrassing loss to the Flames last night. A Flames team that sat their top 4 defensemen and 2/3 of their second line. I'd say they might try to show some pride tonight, but their best player (Doughty) just went out and skated around last night.
    Looks like the Oilers are the inspired ones.

Avs just arrived late that's all

Oh my Wilson what a spin o Rama goal

Looks like the Oilers are the inspired ones.
    Looking at the box score, it looks to me like the team rallied around McDavid, but then talent started to win out. With the score 4-2 and the Avs having scored 4 straight it should be an easy one to hang onto.

Thank you kings!

Just need one point
    Last edited by Blondie79; 04-02-2019 at 09:43 PM.

It seems like a foregone conclusion at this point, so I'll share the rumours going around up here about the first round series: The Calgary lacrosse team was originally supposed to play at the Saddledome on April 13th, but they hastily rescheduled it to April 12th. So games 1 and 2 will likely be on Thursday April 11th and Saturday April 13th. Sportsnet (the Canadian national rights holder for the NHL) is pushing hard for Calgary and Toronto games to be paired together so they can show them as a back to back. So expect at least games 1 and 2 to start at 8pm.

Looking forward to playoff hockey. But with Colorado riding a goalie who's been hot, and MacKinnon playing great hockey as well, those are two things that make me nervous about the Avalanche.