X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orange crush75
    Captain
    • Feb 2006

Has anybody heard any news of his court findings or is it all on hold?

Comment

• Rastic
      Modulated
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
      Has anybody heard any news of his court findings or is it all on hold?
      Was this only a month ago? Gosh, it seems like so much longer.

No real news as of November 8 when he was in court and formally charged: https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/11/...glewood-court/

Comment

• orange crush75
        Captain
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
        Was this only a month ago? Gosh, it seems like so much longer.

No real news as of November 8 when he was in court and formally charged: https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/11/...glewood-court/
        Lol , it does for sure . Very curious to see what happens to him .

Comment

• orange crush75
          Captain
          • Feb 2006

Chad Kelly plead guilty to a misdemeanor. Gets probation. I would love to see Broncos bring him back in. I hope he learned his lesson. The guy was just literally a play away from being the starter .

Comment

• Mel B.
            All-Time Great
            • Apr 2009

Chad Kelly plead guilty to a misdemeanor. Gets probation. I would love to see Broncos bring him back in. I hope he learned his lesson. The guy was just literally a play away from being the starter .

I would not be opposed at all to them bringing him back.

Elway, Fangio & Scangarello should bring him in and work him out.

He may still be just a training camp away from being the starter if they like what they see.

Comment

• Joshua2585
              All-Pro
              • Jun 2011

If it was a singular event, sure... but this guy has constantly had issues. The fact that he was SO close to being a starter and leading a franchise, yet still couldn't keep himself clean is the EXACT reason why he is done forever. You are right there, and you don't understand the gravity of the situation? Amazing.

I was a big Chad Kelly fan, but at this point... he's done with football forever.

Comment

• SMR81
                Banned User
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                If it was a singular event, sure... but this guy has constantly had issues. The fact that he was SO close to being a starter and leading a franchise, yet still couldn't keep himself clean is the EXACT reason why he is done forever. You are right there, and you don't understand the gravity of the situation? Amazing.

I was a big Chad Kelly fan, but at this point... he's done with football forever.
                He’s not done at this point. Although I do think he will continue to goof up, which has been a pattern throughout his time playing.

Comment

• L.M.
                  Vitalstatistix
                  • Oct 2006

He has a destructive pattern which belies deeper issues that will require long-term therapy and rehabilitation before he's ready, IMO. Maybe in five years if he really works at it.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Peerless
                    Football Immortal
                    • May 2004

Chad Kelly and his NFL career is likely over...

Comment

• orange crush75
                      Captain
                      • Feb 2006

If he can stay out of trouble and get in the AAL and do well he may get back to the NFL. Nobody knows for certain if hes gonna find more trouble . If he truly gets help and wants to stay out of trouble he will. He screwed up , he isnt the 1st NFL player to do so . I would think you could pay him peanuts until he proves himself.

Comment

• Peerless
                        Football Immortal
                        • May 2004

Comment

• Bootleg
                          🏈
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

He even gets himself into a decent throwing position at the end of the path.

Comment

• EddieMac
                            Canuck Mod, eh!
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                            He even gets himself into a decent throwing position at the end of the path.

I personally like the sideways stumble to get to the sidewalk...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                              Super Moderator
                              • Dec 2008

Maybe just to finish the season as a placeholder. But the fact the team let him go so quickly, without thinking about it much, makes me think that they were never as high on him as fans were. And the fact that no one in the NFL has even given him so much as a tryout makes me wonder if anyone in the league is high on him in anyway?

Maybe teams were letting legal proceedings play out first, but a lot of other players have gotten second chances well before legal proceedings have happened, and QB is the most important position in the game.

I'm thinking that either teams don't really think he's all that talented (starter talented) or there's a lot more stuff that happened that fans aren't aware of. Or a combination of the two.

Comment

• samparnell
                                Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                                • Nov 2007

Chad caused problems at Von Miller's Halloween party. He may have been released in part due to teammates giving up on him. I doubt if the FO and coaching staff would consider bringing him back before they checked with team leaders. Elway probably had access to police reports that may have had information not shared publicly.

If Chad wants to play football, he should go to Canada or play in the AAF.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X