Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Maybe just to finish the season as a placeholder. But the fact the team let him go so quickly, without thinking about it much, makes me think that they were never as high on him as fans were. And the fact that no one in the NFL has even given him so much as a tryout makes me wonder if anyone in the league is high on him in anyway?
    All it would have taken is an opportunity. Chad was the kind of player that changed when the lights came on. If he would have had a chance to start, I don't think the Broncos would have been able to walk away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Chad caused problems at Von Miller's Halloween party. He may have been released in part due to teammates giving up on him. I doubt if the FO and coaching staff would consider bringing him back before they checked with team leaders. Elway probably had access to police reports that may have had information not shared publicly.

If Chad wants to play football, he should go to Canada or play in the AAF.
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see him resurface in the AAF. Once he does I think he’ll work his way back fairly quickly if he keeps his nose clean

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see him resurface in the AAF. Once he does I think he’ll work his way back fairly quickly if he keeps his nose clean
    I have no doubt that Chad can play football. The big question is can he function consistently on a long term basis as a fellow human being on a football team and in a community within reasonable parameters of acceptable behavior? If he can do that, he'll end up back in the NFL, if he stays healthy.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    All it would have taken is an opportunity. Chad was the kind of player that changed when the lights came on. If he would have had a chance to start, I don't think the Broncos would have been able to walk away from him.
    I'm not sure. It's a pretty long way from just needing a chance to seemingly unemployable in the NFL. But he did look good enough to be at least a backup QB, so there might be way more to this story than we know about.

Even Paxton Lynch is currently on an NFL roster.

Liked the Mr. Irrelevant pick made by Denver, thought we may have acquired a talent that would help . But as his past has shown us, he has issues and his personal life may not be as bad as Johnny Maziel's quest for self destruction it is a similar path.

Best thing for him may be the AAF, and prove that he deserves another chance. Or just maybe he has used up too many chance's in his past.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    Liked the Mr. Irrelevant pick made by Denver, thought we may have acquired a talent that would help . But as his past has shown us, he has issues and his personal life may not be as bad as Johnny Maziel's quest for self destruction it is a similar path.

Best thing for him may be the AAF, and prove that he deserves another chance. Or just maybe he has used up too many chance's in his past.
    I'd love to see him come to Canada and make a name for himself. And hopefully stay out of trouble. Montreal has an immediate need for QB help, and a coach (Mike Sherman) who's coached in the NFL, and coached up some good QBs. But Montreal is a place where it's very easy to find trouble if you're looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I'd love to see him come to Canada and make a name for himself. And hopefully stay out of trouble. Montreal has an immediate need for QB help, and a coach (Mike Sherman) who's coached in the NFL, and coached up some good QBs. But Montreal is a place where it's very easy to find trouble if you're looking for it.
    There's an understatement. Montreal may be one of the oddest and most liberal parts of Canada. The finer details of Chad's arrest were not released but Montreal more so than most cities in Canada have a large drug trade. If drugs were involved and are Chad's issue then Montreal is less than ideal for him.

Now was this a result of a mental illness or meds not being taken? If so then this should be resolved somewhat quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    There's an understatement. Montreal may be one of the oddest and most liberal parts of Canada. The finer details of Chad's arrest were not released but Montreal more so than most cities in Canada have a large drug trade. If drugs were involved and are Chad's issue then Montreal is less than ideal for him.

Now was this a result of a mental illness or meds not being taken? If so then this should be resolved somewhat quickly.
    Very accurate reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Very accurate reporting.
    I do what I can. Now what will be interesting, for me, is to see if now that WEEEEEEEED is legal in Canada if the CFL adopts it as a method of treatment. If it does then I wonder if the NFL uses their general framework eventually.

I digress slightly. Now what will be telling is if Flacco gets hurt....does Elway bring Kelly in if he is unsigned?

I do what I can. Now what will be interesting, for me, is to see if now that WEEEEEEEED is legal in Canada if the CFL adopts it as a method of treatment. If it does then I wonder if the NFL uses their general framework eventually.

I digress slightly. Now what will be telling is if Flacco gets hurt....does Elway bring Kelly in if he is unsigned?
    From my understanding the CFL never tested for it (or at least hadn't) which led to a lot of players being in the league because there was no testing.

Taking a spin on the Google machine the CFL updated it's drug test policy in 2016, but it only mentions performance enhancing drugs, not recreational drugs.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Rich Scangarello will soon be coaching Flacco, Hogan, Grayson and, maybe, a rookie. He will quickly develop a take on each of those. He may already have an opinion of Chad Kelly's credentials. Chad may resurface in Canada, the AAF or even the NFL eventually. Stranger things have happened. Johnny Manziel is on an AAF roster.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens. Rich Scangarello will soon be coaching Flacco, Hogan, Grayson and, maybe, a rookie. He will quickly develop a take on each of those. He may already have an opinion of Chad Kelly's credentials. Chad may resurface in Canada, the AAF or even the NFL eventually. Stranger things have happened. Johnny Manziel is on an AAF roster.
    Christian Hackenberg (SP?) was on an AAF roster as a starter. Johnny Football at least showed some flashes where he could play. They were just a few but they were there. I don't think CHad will go the AAF route until there is a proven path from the AAF to the NFL. IE. how many players move to the NFL from the AAF this off-season? - that for me will be telling for the caliber of players the AAF can attract.

He's evidently going to sign with Indy. Hopefully he has learned and takes full advantage of this likely last chance.

This sucks. I think Chad Kelly has all the tools to be a star in this league if he can keep his personal life in order. I would take him over Drew Lock any day.

We can move this discussion over to the NFL and All Other Teams forum.