Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bill Bowlen filed suit with Denver Courts

The Denver Post ☰ Menu

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2018/10/25/broncos-ownership-update-pat-bowlen-trust/amp/

I don’t know what’s up with the Denver posts links anymore but just google if you want proof. Cough*butler*cough. It’s on the google home page.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERPOST
    Brother of Broncos owner files court motion to remove Joe Ellis, trustees from control of team
    Ryan O'Halloran
    October 25, 2018 at 6:15 pm
    Categoriesenver Broncos, Latest News, Sports

One of Broncos owner Pat Bowlen’s brothers asked a Colorado District Court on Thursday to remove the three-person trust in control of the team “due to their failure to uphold Pat Bowlen’s wishes and act in the best interest of Pat Bowlen, his family and the Broncos.”

Since Pat Bowlen stepped aside from his day-to-day duties in 2014 to battle Alzheimer’s, Joe Ellis, Rich Slivka and Mary Kelly have served as trustees for the Pat D. Bowlen Trust. Ellis, as the Broncos’ president and CEO, is the team’s point person at league meetings.

In a press release, Bill Bowlen said the trustees “have conflicts of interest that impair their ability to act impartially in Pat Bowlen’s best interest,” according to the petition, which was filed in Arapahoe County District Court in Centennial.

Bill Bowlen asked the court to appoint an independent party to serve as conservator of Pat Bowlen’s estate, removing Ellis, Slivka and Kelly as agents of Bowlen.

“I am a huge fan of the Broncos, and have been for decades. Unfortunately, over the past 15 years, I’ve noticed that the operation of the Broncos has deteriorated, while my brother’s health has worsened,” Bill Bowlen said in a statement.

“I have real concerns with these trustees, their conduct and how they got to the positions they are in. They have little or no accountability to anybody but themselves. They have not complied with the rules of the NFL and I am uncomfortable with the way they have handled my brother’s affairs. I know what his wishes were, and these individuals are definitely not following them.”

Bill Bowlen owned a stake in the Broncos until selling his share to Pat Bowlen in 2002.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-25-2018 at 05:56 PM.

This could turn into an ugly fight
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    This could turn into an ugly fight
    I don’t know that he has the power to take this all that far. Perhaps if he keeps pushing but I can’t say that I disagree with him. I’ve felt the same for a long time now.

Would Bill Bowlen take over as the owner? I think the upper management hasn't been horrendous.

Money, money, money. 'Nuff said.

It would be virtually impossible for the trust to be removed, especially given the most recent comments by Roger Goodell regarding the issue.

This is really nothing news.

Sandy Clough and Nicki jhabvala are going over everything on 104.3 as we speak if anyone is interested

The crux of this is that Bill wants to see Beth Bowlen in charge, Joe and trust wants Britney... Gonna get ugly I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The crux of this is that Bill wants to see Beth Bowlen in charge, Joe and trust wants Britney... Gonna get ugly I think.
    Nikki is stating that Brittany wants control now however it’s a radio broadcast so no link! But they’re working to gain control. This incident with Chad Kelly was the straw that broke the camels back I guess.

Hopefully stays out of the way while the games continue. Would hate for it to be a distraction while we still have a chance of making playoffs

Eh...

It seems Pat himself wanted Britney and the trust was set up to see that through.

Bill really doesn't have much of a legal stand here. This may go through the courts but ultimately the trust will remain.

Who cares ....

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Who cares ....
    Let me just ask and not just to you but to everyone as a fan who purchases merchandise and game day tickets are you happy with the direction of the team right now?

I hate turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Eh...

It seems Pat himself wanted Britney and the trust was set up to see that through.

Bill really doesn't have much of a legal stand here. This may go through the courts but ultimately the trust will remain.
    Is your question leading to the conclusion that because the team isn't performing at a high level in terms of wins, that the trust should be dissolved and control given to Bill and/or Beth Bowlen?

If so, then my answer would be yes, I'm fine with the direction of the team because I don't believe ownership is the issue right now the way those on 104.3 The Fan think it is. If it were, the NFL would most certainly intervene and force the trusts' hands in selecting a new owner, which regardless of this legal maneuvering won't be Beth Bowlen unless something completely unbelievable happens. If Pat wanted Beth or Bill to be the owner, he wouldn't have set up the trust in the first place.