Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    So you've got someone who doesn't own the team, and hasn't for a long time, complaining that his anecdotal evidence isn't being followed, saying that he think Beth Bowlen should given ownership, that the trust isn't following NFL rules, and that after all is said and done the team should pay for his legal fees.

This doesn't seem like a case that will last very long. And since Roger Goodell has gone on record as saying that the Trust is following league rules, it would seem that at least part of his claims are correct, and other parts not provable. I anticipate the league will get involved in the lawsuit to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    The problem with this team is that we don't have a viable option at quarterback, and haven't since Manning retired. If this team had a top-10 quarterback we wouldn't be facing our second straight losing season. It has nothing to do with ownership or the GM or the coach.
    Yes it does. This team is being ran without a true responsibile owner at the moment. Bill is correct when he says these people are operating with no one to hold them accountable.

If there were a responsible functioning owner at the current time I doubt we’d be suffering through far less than mediocrity at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yes it does. This team is being ran without a true responsibile owner at the moment. Bill is correct when he says these people are operating with no one to hold them accountable.

If there were a responsible functioning owner at the current time I doubt we’d be suffering through far less than mediocrity at QB.
    So then the actual problem would be that there’s no one to really hold John Elway accountable. Perhaps out of concern that Pat Bowlen wouldn’t want Elway to be fired.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    No, cutting a 7th round back-up QB who didn't have one meaningful snap, had issues, and got in trouble has zip to do with this. It's a direct response to Brittany's declaration made on Saturday that she's working to become team owner.
    It all ties in together! Chad Kelly’s incident (although minuscule in comparison) has shown that this is a very undisciplined team that has become somewhat of a joke to those outside of the Denver area not wearing orange glasses.

Very little discipline and a complete laughing stock at the same level as the Cleveland Browns. They are not only the NFLs most poorly ran franchise but perhaps in all of sports. Do you think that fits into Pats vision?

What the hell do you guys owe Joe Ellis? Get off it and accept the truth already.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    So then the actual problem would be that there’s no one to really hold John Elway accountable. Perhaps out of concern that Pat Bowlen wouldn’t want Elway to be fired.
    He didn’t want Shanahan to be fired either but he did what he had to do for the better interest for the team.

What’s more important, a Denver Icon or the team as a whole?

Now I’m not saying it’s only or all Elway but the entire front office needs an owner to hold them all accountable not just Elway.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-26-2018 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Eh...

It seems Pat himself wanted Britney and the trust was set up to see that through.

Bill really doesn't have much of a legal stand here. This may go through the courts but ultimately the trust will remain.
    I am not so sure. If the contract signed has clearly laid out terms and codes of conduct then it is possible that Bill may well have a case. In addition he is not seeking that HE be made the decision maker but rather an impartial party who is not directly tied to the team. This could really get messy.

It all ties in together! Chad Kelly’s incident (although minuscule in comparison) has shown that this is a very undisciplined team that has become somewhat of a joke to those outside of the Denver area not wearing orange glasses.

Very little discipline and a complete laughing stock at the same level as the Cleveland Browns. They are not only the NFLs most poorly ran franchise but perhaps in all of sports. Do you think that fits into Pats vision?

What the hell do you guys owe Joe Ellis? Get off it and accept the truth already.
    Sam, this isn't even the worst run team in the division, and claiming it's the worst run team in sports is massive hyperbole, and ends up sabotaging the accurate points you make.

As for steady ownership meaning no QB issues, I would ask you about the following situations: Denver from 1999 to 2011 (11 different starting QBs in that time), Buffalo, Jets, Miami, Cleveland, 49ers, Cardinals, Chicago, Houston, Giants, Jaguars, Bucs, Oakland, etc. yeah some of them have young QBs right now, but history shows us several of them will bust. And all of these franchises have steady ownership.

It turns out finding a QB is just really really hard. Which is why the Keenums and Osweilers of the world get massively overpaid when they become free agents. In the NFL you either have a QB or you're searching, and from year to year there's always a massive number of teams looking for their QB.

And the Chad Kelly things has zero to do with this, it wasn't a tipping point, it wasn't a push in that way, it was nothing. If anything, getting rid of a player after a major incident like this shows that the franchise is being run correctly. Or do you think Pat Bowlen would want a backup QB starting fights at player's functions and then wandering into stranger's homes? Is that his vision?

He didn’t want Shanahan to be fired either but he did what he had to do for the better interest for the team.

What’s more important, a Denver Icon or the team as a whole?

Now I’m not saying it’s only or all Elway but the entire front office needs an owner to hold them all accountable not just Elway.

How long did Bowlen give Shanahan before firing him? And how many embarrassing incidents did he allow him in that time? Remember Shanahan ordering lie detector tests for players?

I really didn't care who ended up with the Broncos as long as it stayed in the Bowlen family. But anyone who files this lawsuit in the middle of the week before the most important game of our season cares ZERO about the Broncos. Bill sold his shares so he his clearly doing it on Beth's behalf, most likely with monetary promises. Maybe they don't even follow the Broncos and didn't realize the last thing this teams needs this week is more drama?

Man this take is so spicy I needed a glass of milk afterwards...Most poorly run franchise in all of sports? get out of here with this nonsense Sam...so much hyperbole in one post...

Fair enough but IMO, the absence of a functioning owner could be responsible for this teams rapid decline. I for one am not happy with the direction of this team heading into its first back to back losing season since 1972.

The argument Bill and Beth are attempting to make the is that Pat wasnt in the right frame of mind when he signed the team over to the trust being that certain medical records state that Pat was diagnosed more than 10 years prior. However I’m not sure how much these medical files can be made public.

I’d like to know where John stands in all of this. Last I heard was that he and Ellis were not even on speaking terms. Yes I know many of you hate that I make that statement but the fact is that It was put out there and then disappeared. Many say it disappeared because it was a farce but others say it disappeared out of fear of losing access to team headquarters. Who knows for sure but this thing could get ugly or it become a failed attempt for Beth gaining control in order to make a sale and reap the benefits!
    Rapid Decline? How many teams have been to two Super Bowls and won one in the last five years? Pats, Broncs, Hawks...Period.

Pretty shoddy company, I know. Elway and Co. have done an amazing job of bringing this team back to relevance. We are literally a couple of players away from being a top contender, again, why is this so hard to understand? This is not a poorly run team!!!

The fan base leaves a bit to be desired though...
    [

The members of the trust hold Elway accountable, and hold each other accountable. Since the trust is the owner by proxy, they are held accountable by the League (as all team owners are), and they have been compliant with it and are currently in good standing -straight from Goodell's lips!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

You don't like the F.O. and have an agenda against it, and Bill Bowlen's (rather flimsy and groundless) lawsuit fits that. You want his side to win so they'll fire everybody -is that correct?

All because the Broncos had a losing season last year. Never mind the fact that nearly all the teams in the League (outside of perennial loser Cleveland and perennial winner New England) arc up and down every few years. So the franchise must be corrupt and rotten and needs to be burned to the ground, top down?
    Last edited by L.M.; 10-26-2018 at 08:40 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    So you've got someone who doesn't own the team, and hasn't for a long time, complaining that his anecdotal evidence isn't being followed, saying that he think Beth Bowlen should given ownership, that the trust isn't following NFL rules, and that after all is said and done the team should pay for his legal fees.

This doesn't seem like a case that will last very long. And since Roger Goodell has gone on record as saying that the Trust is following league rules, it would seem that at least part of his claims are correct, and other parts not provable. I anticipate the league will get involved in the lawsuit to some extent.
    I think it is more than that.

- The trust was changed in 2009, when Pat was already dealing with alzheimer's, potentially being taken advantage of.
    - Annabelle was at no point to have any control over team operations.
    - Beth Bowlen was fired by the team with alleged involvement by Annabelle Bowlen. Her firing also prevents her from being qualified, extending control for the trust.
    - Mary Kelly, a trust member, makes 300k a year but has no role on the team.
    - Dan Reilly, the representing lawyer of the trust, is married to Mary Kelly - conflicting interest.
    - Joe Ellis is gainfully employed by the Broncos and part of the trust. He has a conflicting interesting in keeping the trust in control.
    - The trust has identified 40 years old, as the age of financial accountability - meaning Brittney the leading candidate is not eligible for another 12 years.
    - In that 12 years, do the math on how much $ the trust will have collected (millions).

Quote Originally Posted by coffee View Post
    I think it is more than that.

- The trust was changed in 2009, when Pat was already dealing with alzheimer's, potentially being taken advantage of.
    - Annabelle was at no point to have any control over team operations.
    - Beth Bowlen was fired by the team with alleged involvement by Annabelle Bowlen. Her firing also prevents her from being qualified, extending control for the trust.
    - Mary Kelly, a trust member, makes 300k a year but has no role on the team.
    - Dan Reilly, the representing lawyer of the trust, is married to Mary Kelly - conflicting interest.
    - Joe Ellis is gainfully employed by the Broncos and part of the trust. He has a conflicting interesting in keeping the trust in control.
    - The trust has identified 40 years old, as the age of financial accountability - meaning Brittney the leading candidate is not eligible for another 12 years.
    - In that 12 years, do the math on how much $ the trust will have collected (millions).
    The NFL gave Ellis and team 5 years to either find replacement or sell the team. The 12 year figure is pretty irrelevant. They won't be waiting 12 years, they don't have 12 years. They have less than 5 now.