Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I find this fascinating. See on the one hand I can understand the trustees stance but on the other Bill is not wrong at all. For example - if the trustees were in fact "doing their job" and grooming one or multiple Bowlen children to take over the ownership of the team then, to Bill's point where is the plan? Furthermore where is the internships? training? Management level decisions? I also think that the trustees stance while they have listed multiple qualities they dislike about Beth Bowlen none of them (business experience and acumen, knowledge, leadership skills, integrity and character) none of these have been tested nor have they been proven out. In fact I'd go as far as to say that their comments are nothing more than a qualitative analysis based on their own personal opinion. Now - their opinion may not be wrong but ultimately as a fan I have seen no quantitative measuring stick which the trust has made public. I believe this is Bill Bowlen's point. Now there is also a major disadvantage to the kids with Annabel Bowlen (see below)

Sally Parker:

- Beth Bowlen Age 48
    - Amie Bowlen Klemmer- older

A. Bowlen: (rough guestimate of ages early 30s to 22 years old)
    - John Bowlen
    - Annabel Bowlen (yes because this wouldn't be confusing at all at family gatherings)
    - Brittany Bowlen age 28
    - Christiana Bowlen
    - Patrick Bowlen

Why are the ages important? Easy the terms:

The only terms of the trust which I have been able to find quickly are the following:

1. Terms of the trust require five years’ experience with the league or team.
    2. Education component, where an advanced degree is encouraged
    3. Financial and business acumen
    4. Experience in positions of leadership
    5. An overarching, subjective component to the criteria that calls for the trustees to make judgments on character, honesty and integrity (this is the Qualitative component)

So let's compare:

Beth:
    1. A little over 3 years with the Broncos as director of special projects - left in 2015
    2. bachelor’s degree from the University of Colorado and law degree from the University of Denver in 2016
    3. Ran her own wedding planning business in Hawaii in the 2000's and won awards (multiple). She closed her business in 2008 to be closer to her dad
    4. One she ran her own business and did it well.
    5. This is subjective and frankly if this is the reason why one child gets selected over another one would hope there is ample documentation to support the why

Brittnay:
    1. Finance Degree- Notre Dame & Master's Degree in Business administration (2018)
    2. Two years at the NFL HQ & 1 Year as a BA with the Broncos (left in 2015 after the Super Bowl run)
    3. Full-time consultant at McKinsey & Company after interning there in 2017. Aside form this there is no other business acumen (this is why age is not on her side)
    4. She has no real leadership work experience again due to age but from my readings it looks like she is making a name for herself as people find her approachable and highly intelligent. That said though at age 28-29 leadership experience is tough to get a bunch of.
    5. It would appear that based on public and personal opinions that the trust feels Brit wins this.

So when you look at the tow children who have thrown their hat into the ring their careers (for the most part) and skill-sets are fairly similar. Brit has more of a Finance background whereas Beth has more business and now legal. It is the fact that these two are so similar in terms of meeting the criteria that I think the trustees needs to truly be transparent with the criteria checklists which would put to bed the suit brought forward by Bill. If they aren't then I can see this getting messy - quickly and for good reason.

With this layed out... I cannot see where Beth has a chance....running a wedding planner business unless Is is massive doesn’t quite compare to an nfl franchise... seems more like a hobby business for a Rich kid...

Brittany seems to have the educating pedigree but will need some experienced people around her.., and has real nfl experience so probably has those contacts available..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Based on NFL bylaws, the Commissioner is given the right to solve this dispute. Sections 3.11 and 8.3 seem to be the most relevant.

https://www.nfl.com/static/content/p...rs/pdf/co_.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    With this layed out... I cannot see where Beth has a chance....running a wedding planner business unless Is is massive doesn’t quite compare to an nfl franchise... seems more like a hobby business for a Rich kid...

Brittany seems to have the educating pedigree but will need some experienced people around her.., and has real nfl experience so probably has those contacts available..
    It is interesting you say that. That rich kid hobby business won her awards. She (per the articles I have read) was also in charge of some substantively sized events. Some of them had in excess of 200 staff and multiple layers of management present to coordinate. Brit Bowlen was more involved in the finance side of the Broncos when she was there as an analyst and for a shorter period of time. Finance and business savvy are not the same thing. Sometimes they can be but it is not a foregone conclusion. My point about Beth Bowlen is that she ran a profitable and successful business running large scale events for most of the 2000's thus far. That means MORE than just the books. Now as a younger person, we will say much closer to the age of Brit rather than Beth, I am far more empathetic to the stance of "Just because I am just getting started doesn't mean I cannot perform better than person X, y or Z". That being said though Beth just by virtue of age would have more Management experience, more work experience and has had the same number of years as Brit working at/in the NFL/ Broncos organization(s).

My point here is that if this is a popularity contest then it is clear that Brit is winning. I would also question though how Beth has been presented over the year simply because Beth was from Mr.Bowlen's 1st wife and is not A.Bowlen's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    With this layed out... I cannot see where Beth has a chance....running a wedding planner business unless Is is massive doesnít quite compare to an nfl franchise... seems more like a hobby business for a Rich kid...

Interesting, as I couldn't disagree more. I see it in just the opposite way. What I don't want to see is Joe Ellis running the Broncos, and collecting his lucrative salary, for another 10 years while Brittany gets some experience in the business world. They BOTH have a good educational background at Notre Dame and Univ. of Denver. Although I'd be concerned that Brittany would move the Broncos to South Bend. Ha ha!

I also don't want someone who was raised in the same household and atmosphere as John "Don't You Know Who I Am" Bowlen.

It's too bad that both Beth AND Brittany aren't good friends who both come in to run the Broncos with one of them taking the "final decision" position. At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing the NFL stepping in to find someone with the money, somewhere, as nobody in Denver has the kind of money, or expressed interest, to buy out the Bowlens. And then move them out of Denver, and start over with a new Denver NFL Franchise.
    Last edited by gtown53; 12-27-2018 at 03:33 PM.

It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out... lots of different views and reasons why...

But I stand by my wedding planner comment!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich