Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1227
    Don't post here much but have to say the Broncos are sure disappointing.

In my humble view:

Top problem: Extremely bad coaching and poor decisions

In the end, the players mostly play based on coach direction and decisions. In this game alone I can point to a number of very poor coaching decisions and actions:

1) The penalty mix up - Should have never happened
    2) When in the red zone area how far off the offensive player our D back played allowing him to cut mid field and in for a score. Even the TV announcer said you need to be up on the line, bump and slow them from getting down field.
    3) And yes... punting the ball away with 5 min left, losing by 10. I'm sorry but at some point in the season you need to throw away the book that says what you should down under various conditions. Yes there are years of data saying the right thing to do is X. But sometimes you need to do Y just because.
    4) Do more hurry up. Keep the D on their toes. Don't always run, run, pass, punt. change it up.
    5) Coaches need to not be afraid to bench players when running cold or if they cost the team. If things aren't working make changes.

Ultimately Elway is probably where the buck stops. He needs to hand down some changes. Clearly VJ will continue to do what he is currently doing and nothing is going to change.

Just about time to root for the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfan View Post
    True he had failed in Cleveland, as everyone fails in Cleveland, ha. But to say that his eye for talent, and how to use it when he's got it, is anywhere even close to as bad as the Elway / VJ combo - that's just silly talk.
    He was going to be fired in New England as well, many of their fans wanted him gone. One hit saved his coaching career in Foxboro.

Quote Originally Posted by mrh View Post
    Don't post here much but have to say the Broncos are sure disappointing.

In my humble view:

Top problem: Extremely bad coaching and poor decisions

In the end, the players mostly play based on coach direction and decisions. In this game alone I can point to a number of very poor coaching decisions and actions:

1) The penalty mix up - Should have never happened
    2) When in the red zone area how far off the offensive player our D back played allowing him to cut mid field and in for a score. Even the TV announcer said you need to be up on the line, bump and slow them from getting down field.
    3) And yes... punting the ball away with 5 min left, losing by 10. I'm sorry but at some point in the season you need to throw away the book that says what you should down under various conditions. Yes there are years of data saying the right thing to do is X. But sometimes you need to do Y just because.
    4) Do more hurry up. Keep the D on their toes. Don't always run, run, pass, punt. change it up.
    5) Coaches need to not be afraid to bench players when running cold or if they cost the team. If things aren't working make changes.

Ultimately Elway is probably where the buck stops. He needs to hand down some changes. Clearly VJ will continue to do what he is currently doing and nothing is going to change.

Just about time to root for the Rams.
    Don't forget trying for a 55 yd FG. Everyone knew McManus was going to miss that... and it gave the Chiefs momentum, they scored a TD on the next drive.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Yep... Just another item for the list...

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    Don't forget trying for a 55 yd FG. Everyone knew McManus was going to miss that... and it gave the Chiefs momentum, they scored a TD on the next drive.
    It was his first miss of the year, so I don't blame them for thinking he'd make it. But it was a bad spot on the field, and time in the game to go for it. Make KC go the length of the field, don't give them the ball at the 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He was going to be fired in New England as well, many of their fans wanted him gone. One hit saved his coaching career in Foxboro.
    I live out here - many of their fans wanted Brady gone after second SB loss to Giants, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Belichick is one lucky decision, Tom Brady, away from having a vastly different record...

We can play this game all day...
    It is an actual debate whether or not brady is just a product of belichick's system. Thats how good he is. His system made MATT CASSEL look good and gave them a respectable season. It's definitely not just tom brady over there, but extremely good coaching decisions and a masterful system

next year there is going to big changes in coaches n players esp. on defense with a lot of FA's peko kerr roby brock pacman ray barrett stewart n maybe marshall...on offense 1 or both sanders and DT gone and need a RT maybe a center if paradis don't resign n find a TE....but until we get a QB were not going anywhere anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    It is an actual debate whether or not brady is just a product of belichick's system. Thats how good he is. His system made MATT CASSEL look good and gave them a respectable season. It's definitely not just tom brady over there, but extremely good coaching decisions and a masterful system
    Preach sistah!

always once again every OL had a penalty other wise Lindsay has prolly 150 yds n we'd scored more to

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post

I knew he was going to miss right after the announcer hit him with the "kiss of death" by announcing how he was perfect on FG's & PAT's all season!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I knew he was going to miss right after the announcer hit him with the "kiss of death" by announcing how he was perfect on FG's & PAT's all season!
    I only knew he was going to miss when we called the timeout and iced him.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I only knew he was going to miss when we called the timeout and iced him.
    I'm pretty sure they didn't have the right personnel on the field, so they took the time-out to save the FG attempt rather than take the 5 yard penalty and punted. They should have punted.

Why is it that VJ gets the blame for Bills bad play calling on offense?

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    Why is it that VJ gets the blame for Bills bad play calling on offense?
    Because he's the HC and ultimately they take the blame for the entire coaching staff, especially when they've already fired one OC.

Pete Carroll stepped up and openly took the blame for a bad play call he had nothing to with. He said it was his call, he made the decision. Can you see Joseph doing that same thing?