View Poll Results: If you could change ONE thing immediately with the Broncos, what would it be?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Owner

1 1.56%
  • The Trust

2 3.13%
  • John Elway

7 10.94%
  • Vance Joseph

30 46.88%
  • Coordinator/Positions Coach (Discuss in Post)

2 3.13%
  • Case Keenum

16 25.00%
  • Another Player (Discuss in Post)

3 4.69%
  • Other/Not Listed (Discuss in Post)

3 4.69%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    The O-line play seem to have improved, BUT a huge problem is the insane amount of penalties - and that is coaching. Whenever you dig yourself into a hole with penalties defense spends too much time on the field and the QB tries risky stuff that harms ball security.

Our offensive play calling is in slow motion and the plays take way to long. It is really an oddity that we do not play fast as most teams have a hard time when coming to Denver, so why give them all those breaks?
    Mark Schlereth talked yesterday about the penalties on 104.3 The Fan. He said some of the penalties come down to talent and/or bad technique - players reach and hold when out of position or simply not good enough. We need better play from Keenum but we need better pass protection. The penalties have been an issue.

Lindsay had a long run called back because of a block in the back penalty - I think it was McGovern. On the replay Lindsay already made the move upfield so the block was unnecessary.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-30-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Need to run the ball more and quit relying on Keenum to win games. Keenum is a game manager, not an elite QB that needs to be throwing it 30+ times a game. This would help the Oline because Keenum takes too long to get rid of the ball and it results in sacks. Need to get Lindsey more involved in the passing game. Lindsey is the most impactful player on the entire team.

Quit hits on why coaching is the biggest problem

1st in rush ypc
    7th in rush yards per game
    5th in rushing TDs
    0 fumbles
    18th in rushing attempts per game ( )

Running a drop back passing offense with a QB who has NEVER displayed he has those skill sets. Case is more of a Jake Plummer type of QB than Matt Ryan but the OC and HC seem bound and determined to throw the ball as much as possible without even trying to design an offense that takes advantage of our run game.

The coaching is the 1st biggest problem ( VJ ) the 2nd biggest problem ( Musgrave ).

Case is maybe the 3rd biggest problem but imo if we had a coach like Kubiak than we would be running a vastly different offense that Case could actually run because he has those skill sets. Case is struggling because Musgrave is asking the QB to do things Case has never been good at.

I seriously wonder what conversations Elway and the coaching staff had when Case was being targeted just before free agency.
    Last edited by Hadez; 10-30-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Finally, we have a front office that missed on the 2013 1st-round pick. missed on the 2014 1st-round pick, missed on the 2015 1st-round pick, missed on the 2016 1st-round pick, the 2017 1st-round pick is Garett Bolles and the 2017 2nd-round pick can't get on the field. It's good to know that this 2018 class can provide some help. We don't even have a punter now. Riley Dixon has an average leg, but he's constantly kicking 50-yard punts for the Giants while we don't know if our punter will get 30 yards.

The front office needs to wake up and fix basic issues like the punter and start to stack good draft classes.
    Yeah, totally agree. My one change would be better talent evaluation in the draft. And I do wonder if more accountability with an actual owner would help. However, even when the owner was in place, it's not like the Broncos have been rockin' this.

1998 30 Marcus Nash Wide receiver Tennessee
    1999 31 Al Wilson Linebacker Tennessee
    2000 15 Deltha O'Neal Cornerback California [m]
    2001 24 Willie Middlebrooks Cornerback Minnesota
    2002 19 Ashley Lelie Wide receiver Hawaii
    2003 20 George Foster Offensive tackle Georgia
    2004 17 D. J. Williams Linebacker Miami (FL) [n]
    2005 — No pick — — [o]
    2006 11 Jay Cutler Quarterback Vanderbilt [p]
    2007 17 Jarvis Moss Defensive end Florida [q]
    2008 12 Ryan Clady Offensive tackle Boise State
    2009 12 Knowshon Moreno Running back Georgia
    2009 18 Robert Ayers Defensive end Tennessee [r]
    2010 22 Demaryius Thomas Wide receiver Georgia Tech [s]
    2010 25 Tim Tebow Quarterback Florida [t]
    2011 2 Von Miller Linebacker Texas A & M
    2012 — No pick — —
    2013 28 Sylvester Williams Defensive tackle North Carolina
    2014 31 Bradley Roby Cornerback Ohio State
    2015 23 Shane Ray Linebacker Missouri
    2016 26 Paxton Lynch Quarterback Memphis
    2017 20 Garett Bolles Offensive tackle Utah
    2018 5 Bradley Chubb Defensive end NC State
    5 hits who lived up to expectations out of 20 years? That's a horrible hit rate for 1st round draft picks. Oh! And don't forget, one year we traded a 1st round pick to move up in the second round and select Alphonso Smith. Wow.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    Need to run the ball more and quit relying on Keenum to win games. Keenum is a game manager, not an elite QB that needs to be throwing it 30+ times a game. This would help the Oline because Keenum takes too long to get rid of the ball and it results in sacks. Need to get Lindsey more involved in the passing game. Lindsey is the most impactful player on the entire team.
    This ^^^^^^ 100%
    I'd add getting all 3 RB's on the field at the same time. Straight run heavy ball control, under center with play action.
    VJ is actually doing an OK job imo - we've been competitive in every game, sans the Jets anomaly.
    Last edited by Broncodoodle; 10-30-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Coaching on the defensive side has to change. We've been competitive with great teams, but seem to lose in similar ways on defense. Vs the Ravens we didn't apply any pressure and gave up 5 yard cushions for most of the game and let Flacco dink and dunk all game, while occasionally taking shots with whomever Roby was gaurding. I was sitting with Raven fans who were actually saying ya'll better get 29 off the field because we can get a catch on him whenever we want. I almost lost it watching the Chiefs game when I saw Roby lined up over Kelce at the 9 yard line and he was giving a 6 yard cushion. It had to be the playcall because he lined up there and just stayed there. It was one of the easiest TDs Kelce has gotten and you could call it out before the play even happened. A few drives later, in the red zone, Watkins is lined up one on one with a LB and no safety help. Again it was clearly the play call and one of the easiest TDs Watkins has had. I'm not sure on what level of football either of those are smart plays. I get the Chiefs have a lot of weapons, but with a shruken field in the red zone, you're clearly mismatched before the snap and it's seems to be the playcall. I don't know if that's Woods or VJ, but they both get blame.

Its the simple answer,but I would have Watson or Mayfield at QB (obviously not going to say Rodgers as that would be like asking for a time machine to have a rookie Elway) because if you have an affordable QB with genuine potential,Id like to think the other issues would be attainable with a bit of patience and realism.
    But without a proven great QB eating up half the cap space,Id definitely go for a first or second year playmaker who seems to definitely have the tools and lift our spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    Yeah, totally agree. My one change would be better talent evaluation in the draft. And I do wonder if more accountability with an actual owner would help. However, even when the owner was in place, it's not like the Broncos have been rockin' this.

5 hits who lived up to expectations out of 20 years? That's a horrible hit rate for 1st round draft picks. Oh! And don't forget, one year we traded a 1st round pick to move up in the second round and select Alphonso Smith. Wow.
    Jay Cutler was more of a hit than Ayers.

Robert Ayers should be taken off of that list of bolds. He only started 27 games in 5 years.

Chubb , Cutler, Moreno, and DJ Imo should be bolded

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Jay Cutler was more of a hit than Ayers.
    Neither should be bolded. Cutler was supposed to be a franchise QB and savior & all he accomplished was making $. Ayers was injury-prone, but he had a really good/great playoff game vs. PITT
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Robert Ayers was a starter for 2 seasons, a backup for 3 seasons, and only had 12 sacks in 5 seasons with the Broncos. I don't consider him a hit at all. He only had one good year in the NFL, 2015 with the Giants. Jay Cutler at least was a Pro-Bowl QB for the Broncos and considered one of the best young QBs in the game when McDaniels took the HC job. Cutler had a short career with the Broncos, but still is the best QB ever drafted by the franchise.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Matt Russell, our former director of college scouting (2009-2011) and current director of player personnel (2012-) has influenced every draft since McDoof was hired as our HC. I think that's why Elway brought in Kubes for alternative advice last year and that has helped so far, but Russell still needs to go. That, I think, is the key change to the FO that needs to happen sooner than later. He was also VJ's old CU buddy and the biggest proponent behind that hire.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I clicked on John Elway most recently evidenced by only making one trade before the deadline-- he was like a deer in headlights-- afraid!

He had players to deal and we need another CB. Instead, he did nothing.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I clicked on John Elway most recently evidenced by only making one trade before the deadline-- he was like a deer in headlights-- afraid!

He had players to deal and we need another CB. Instead, he did nothing.
    Sadly,thats exactly where and what we are these days.Also rans more likely to sell than buy.