Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Will Grier

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    The thing is JE cannot afford another reach like Paxton Lynch or Brock Oswiller. If he reaches then we are doomed once again.
    Is it a reach if it's for one of the top 2 in the draft though? Oz and Lynch were not considered the best, they were each about 4th best in their respective classes.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    The thing is JE cannot afford another reach like Paxton Lynch or Brock Oswiller. If he reaches then we are doomed once again.
    Except neither of those were reaches. Both players were taken right about where they were expected to go.

So I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and Grier, for a little bit.

What I know: Coaches kid, been around the game his whole life. All signs point to amazing work ethic and will (heh get it) to succeed. He did not leave UF for lesser talent to play against, he was forced out because the new coach wanted his recruit. Led UF to 6-0 record throwing for over 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns, against the likes of Kentucky, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Mizzou. UF went 4-4 in his absence. Suspended for something that was in an OTC supplement, Ligandrol. Ligandrol was not listed on the NCAA’s banned substance list but is still considered a banned substance. Grier had researched the supplement and it's ingredients and did not find it on the banned list. Ligandrol is a SARM, not a steroid. It's basically reformulated creatine, in laymen terms.

McElwain lied to the media and said he was free to practice with the team but then told Grier he wasn't welcome. In a meeting to discuss the players future, McElwain was hours late because he was out recruiting Felipe Franks.

Husband and father.

My opinions:

McElwain is a joke and a liar, and has had that reputation for quite some time. He used the incident to move on from Grier, and tried to destroy Grier's reputation in the process. There was definitely something very personal going on.

This has a similar situation like Mayfield written all over it. Grier has excelled in two different systems, not just because they don't play defense in the Big 12.

My thoughts on watching him play:
    Over the top elongated throwing motion, but amazing accuracy. The ball jumps out of his hand with torque, velocity, and rotation, despite not having the strongest arm. Has the prerequisite arm strength to make any throw. Footwork can get sloppy at times, though his mechanics in his upper body rarely break down. He gets skittish under pressure, most likely because he's used to having a high average amount of time to locate his targets. Great size and body development. 6'3, listed at 220 but looks to play over that weight. I can't say it enough, in his best games he has all day to throw, and usually with a clean pocket. (so did Mayfield)

I like him as a mid to end of the first QB. Nice frame, decent whip, amazing accuracy. Lots of fire and his teammates seem to lean on him for that.

I think if Denver is transitioning to an RPO, this would be a nice pick for us. Provided of course, that he receives the necessary coaching at the next level to be successful.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    So I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and Grier, for a little bit.

What I know: Coaches kid, been around the game his whole life. All signs point to amazing work ethic and will (heh get it) to succeed. He did not leave UF for lesser talent to play against, he was forced out because the new coach wanted his recruit. Led UF to 6-0 record throwing for over 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns, against the likes of Kentucky, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Mizzou. UF went 4-4 in his absence. Suspended for something that was in an OTC supplement, Ligandrol. Ligandrol was not listed on the NCAA’s banned substance list but is still considered a banned substance. Grier had researched the supplement and it's ingredients and did not find it on the banned list. Ligandrol is a SARM, not a steroid. It's basically reformulated creatine, in laymen terms.

McElwain lied to the media and said he was free to practice with the team but then told Grier he wasn't welcome. In a meeting to discuss the players future, McElwain was hours late because he was out recruiting Felipe Franks.

Husband and father.

My opinions:

McElwain is a joke and a liar, and has had that reputation for quite some time. He used the incident to move on from Grier, and tried to destroy Grier's reputation in the process. There was definitely something very personal going on.

This has a similar situation like Mayfield written all over it. Grier has excelled in two different systems, not just because they don't play defense in the Big 12.

My thoughts on watching him play:
    Over the top elongated throwing motion, but amazing accuracy. The ball jumps out of his hand with torque, velocity, and rotation, despite not having the strongest arm. Has the prerequisite arm strength to make any throw. Footwork can get sloppy at times, though his mechanics in his upper body rarely break down. He gets skittish under pressure, most likely because he's used to having a high average amount of time to locate his targets. Great size and body development. 6'3, listed at 220 but looks to play over that weight. I can't say it enough, in his best games he has all day to throw, and usually with a clean pocket. (so did Mayfield)

I like him as a mid to end of the first QB. Nice frame, decent whip, amazing accuracy. Lots of fire and his teammates seem to lean on him for that.

I think if Denver is transitioning to an RPO, this would be a nice pick for us. Provided of course, that he receives the necessary coaching at the next level to be successful.
    Good breakdown. Thanks.