Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Manning is combined 11-19 against Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger.
    Some of his long lasting memories most likely revolve around a SB win, and the previous game, beating Tommy boy.

Last edited by CanDB; 11-05-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Elway should be held accountable, and is held accountable by the trust, but not by us because the Denver Broncos organization is not a democracy run by the fans.

A lot of the extra blame, faulting, and judgements leveled against him by a certain contingent of extremist fans are over the top, unwarranted, unfair, irrational, and unbalanced. Especially when they leave out what he's done right, or divert all blame to him for everything that's gone wrong and deny or divert all credit to others. That's just bullcrap.

So's this idea that he was hired because he was a great player here. He has a degree in economics, owned and owns multiple businesses, ran the Colorado Crush and has administrative experience. That's all one needs as well as knowing the sport which he does. That's the case with nearly all the other GM's too.

But yes he needs to fire Joseph, I do agree with that much.
    Ok looking at the bolded, you said this not me but based on those comments made by you saying ďhe does need to be accountableĒ proves you feel the same so dont go off all butt hurt when I exercise my right to express my displeasure with SOME of his decisions...

You guys donít have to get all defensive because we criticize him/Elway. Especially when you just said ďhe needs to be held accountableĒ!

BTW nobody said the fans have to hold him accountable but it is really stupid how most get so defensive to such a degree when he is criticized.

I donít care about his business resume that doesnít make it right to give him a free pass! smh some of you guys!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-05-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Some of his long lasting memories most likely revolve around a SB win, and the previous game, beating Tommy boy.

I still believe Manning was the greatest of all time on field surgeon/best decision maker/best at reading a defense but what Manningrules fails to understand is that there are players like Bradshaw, Montana, Brady etc with more super bowl victories.

Itís not all about stats but this kid has done himself a huge injustice by only counting the stats!

Lol Marino has better stats than most and in Manningrules world, Marinoís stats are better than a super bowl ring any day if the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Ok looking at the bolded, you said this not me but based on those comments made by you saying ďhe does need to be accountableĒ proves you feel the same so dont go off all butt hurt when I exercise my right to express my displeasure with SOME of his decisions...

You guys donít have to get all defensive because we criticize him/Elway. Especially when you just said ďhe needs to be held accountableĒ!

BTW nobody said the fans have to hold him accountable but it is really stupid how most get so defensive to such a degree when he is criticized.

I donít care about his business resume that doesnít make it right to give him a free pass! smh some of you guys!
    And what was my next paragraph after what you bolded -that's where you stopped reading apparently. "A lot of the extra blame, faulting, and judgements leveled against him by a certain contingent of extremist fans are over the top, unwarranted, unfair, irrational, and unbalanced. " Elway deserves some criticism and holds some responsibility, but some of the additional crap hurled against him is just insane and ludicrous, and totally lacks perspective in multiple ways. There's just no attempt to really understand the situation nor bigger picture, just attack attack attack.

I brought up his business resume because you were just going off about Tom Brady as if the two were somehow comparable and Elway got the job only because he was a great QB with no other qualifications. C'mon man.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    we have the talent today to compete with any team

three of our losses come to two 8-1 teams with the broncos losing all three by a combined 14 points...the other 2 point loss to a 6-3 team

in fact in all 4games we could have won and should have won

our problem isn't a lack of talent its a lack of coaching

that's where hes lacking in refusing to axe the failing HC

I get it your afraid of Elway, since he owns the bolts since he came back
    i could have made these same exact arguments when mike mccoy was the coach in SD, but you would have said they're just excuses. I don't agree the broncos have all this talent, especially on the offensive side of the ball. elway has dropped the ball with coaching, with the QB situation.....multiple times. i'm not saying he should be fired but you all giving him a free pass because of who he is, is a joke.

by the way, manning owned the chargers when he was in Denver, nobody is scared of the broncos without manning....you can bring back whatever coach you want and you can keep elway, that just gives me endless smack material to run on you clowns.

damn, Sam is drawing more fire than me, i need to step my game up!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    damn, Sam is drawing more fire than me, i need to step my game up!
    You were pecking away on Elway's sack even when we were winning, so your opinion doesn't count.

You were pecking away on Elway's sack even when we were winning, so your opinion doesn't count.

and what was i saying back then? that manning made him look better as a GM than he actually is?

oh, do you remember the time i said right after the broncos won the SB and manning retired, that this would be elway's truest test as a GM?

yeah, my opinion doesn't count because you don't want to hear logic and reason and you know there is a lot of truth behind what i say.

and what was i saying back then? that manning made him look better as a GM than he actually is?

oh, do you remember the time i said right after the broncos won the SB and manning retired, that this would be elway's truest test as a GM?

yeah, my opinion doesn't count because you don't want to hear logic and reason and you know there is a lot of truth behind what i say.
    Back then you were saying that Manning would never be a great QB again, which is why Beagle kept your quote in his sig to rub that in your face! [Where is that dude, anyway?]

And conveniently left out of this recollection are key facts like Elway getting us out of the basement and back in the playoffs in 2011 without Manning, and of course his pursuing and signing Manning, and finally Manning having little to do with accomplishing the SB50 victory.

So the "I told you so, I was right all along" rings pretty hollow --especially when viewed with the other seventeen million things you've gotten wrong around here!

John Elway, on @orangeblue760: "At this point in time, we're going to stay the course. I think there's enough good things that are going on as far as us & the way that we're playing Ö Iím much more encouraged this year than I was last year."

Back then you were saying that Manning would never be a great QB again, which is why Beagle kept your quote in his sig to rub that in your face! [Where is that dude, anyway?]

And conveniently left out of this recollection are key facts like Elway getting us out of the basement and back in the playoffs in 2011 without Manning, and of course his pursuing and signing Manning, and finally Manning having little to do with accomplishing the SB50 victory.

So the "I told you so, I was right all along" rings pretty hollow --especially when viewed with the other seventeen million things you've gotten wrong around here!
    what does me thinking manning wouldn't return to elite form after having 4 neck surgeries and missing the year before at age 35 have to do with me crapping on elway? i even said it was a good signing at the time because he was the only guy that the broncos fans would accept as a replacement over tebow. i just thought he was "done" as an elite top 5 QB and i wasn't even close to the only one who thought that.

fact is, the broncos have a losing record without manning as the QB since elway has been the GM. you have came up with three things ive been wrong about, i can and have made giant lists of things ive been right About lol

like for example the subject we are talking about right now. as far as beagle, he dipped out the m,moment the broncos starting losing last season and hasn't been seen since.

And what was my next paragraph after what you bolded -that's where you stopped reading apparently. "A lot of the extra blame, faulting, and judgements leveled against him by a certain contingent of extremist fans are over the top, unwarranted, unfair, irrational, and unbalanced. " Elway deserves some criticism and holds some responsibility, but some of the additional crap hurled against him is just insane and ludicrous, and totally lacks perspective in multiple ways. There's just no attempt to really understand the situation nor bigger picture, just attack attack attack.

I brought up his business resume because you were just going off about Tom Brady as if the two were somehow comparable and Elway got the job only because he was a great QB with no other qualifications. C'mon man.
    No that isnít where I stopped reading, I just did not consider it because based on who he is, you are going to say that judgment against him is unfair.

Let me ask you this, what if it was Brian Xanders still and John Elway never came in as GM?

Letís say for a moment that Xanders accomplished the same with the exact failures, Would you hold Brian Xanders to a more extreme accountability and criticism for poor draft picks and Vance Joseph than you do Elway?

BTW What ďunfair crap has been hurled against himĒ?

What exactly has he suffered other than ppl pointing out the obvious failures of his draft picks prior to 2018 or failing to resign key players before they became free agents?

Whatís unfair here?

The only thing unfair here is you guys getting all butt hurt and attacking the people that stand up and show the tiniest little bit of criticism towards him.

Thatís what unfair and you guys are the ones that are out of line acting like nobody can say anything of criticism against him.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-05-2018 at 02:46 PM.

John Elway, on @orangeblue760: "At this point in time, we're going to stay the course. I think there's enough good things that are going on as far as us & the way that we're playing Ö Iím much more encouraged this year than I was last year."

In his defense the players are playing far more competitive but heís just blowing smoke right now when it comes to the coaching staff. Iíd say theyíre as good as gone once the season ends!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Too bad he didnít play well in a single super bowl. All the greats except him did. His stats were average in SB 41 against a crummy Bears team, and in SB 50 his defense dragged his carcass over the finish line.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Too bad he didn’t play well in a single super bowl. All the greats except him did. His stats were average in SB 41 against a crummy Bears team, and in SB 50 his defense dragged his carcass over the finish line.
    Dude....I was a fan, but do not live and die by Manning. You dudes need to get beyond Brady. And who cares if Manning was not great in SBs....he won 2 of them! That's pretty special.

When you think of it...he prevented Tommy boy from getting to the SB (for The Broncos), and his widdle brotha beat Brady both times!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-05-2018 at 03:01 PM.