Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I admit it Sam. I am soooooooooo frustrated with Musgrave as well.
    This game was close the whole time. Yet, Musgrave still called more than twice as many passing plays as running plays. I understand the running game was struggling but they never stick with it long enough to recover or develop a rhythm. There is always an excuse, "we can't just keep running against a loaded box." "the running game was struggling" mumble mumble mumble. These coaches simply refuse to use the talent they have to their strengths. I'm convinced they all know they will be fired so they are doing anything they can to inflate the stats so they can spin it during interviews in the off season. I cannot wait until different coaches are leading this team.

I admit it Sam. I am soooooooooo frustrated with Musgrave as well.
    Yeah, the boot legs, the play actions are all strengths of Keenum’s and we can see it, especially when the line shifts out of his way and he can see down the field better but for some reason Bill doesn’t like to use it.

Remember the saying “great coaches adjust to their players, they change up their game plans to suit their players strengths”?

Obviously Musgrave doesn’t have any faith in himself to call these type of plays that would suit Keenum and his strengths because he doesn’t do it and anybody who is being completely honest with themselves can see this.

A lot of folks don’t like to hear my blunt opinions but so what i’m not here to sugarcoat anything. I believe Bill Musgrave is in the same category as Bill O’Brien and by that I mean there’s not much difference between the two and I don’t think eithers offense is worth spit!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Yeah, the boot legs, the play actions are all strengths of Keenum’s and we can see it, especially when the line shifts out of his way and he can see down the field better but for some reason Bill doesn’t like to use it.

Remember the saying “great coaches adjust to their players, they change up their game plans to suit their players strengths”?

Obviously Musgrave doesn’t have any faith in himself to call these type of plays that would suit Keenum and his strengths because he doesn’t do it and anybody who is being completely honest with themselves can see this.

A lot of folks don’t like to hear my blunt opinions but so what i’m not here to sugarcoat anything. I believe Bill Musgrave is in the same category as Bill O’Brien and by that I mean there’s not much difference between the two and I don’t think eithers offense is worth spit!
    And what kills me is that last week when the announcers talked to him before the game he told Jason Whitten that he needed to do just that because he recognized that it’s Keenum’s strengths and then quickly abandoned it.

And what kills me is that last week when the announcers talked to him before the game he told Jason Whitten that he needed to do just that because he recognized that it’s Keenum’s strengths and then quickly abandoned it.
    It I s so odd but didn’t Mike McCoy do somewhat of the same thing?

His offense was far more complicated but all he wanted to do was throw the ball down the field and that is exactly what Bill Musgrave is doing.

It is worse now though because we have a better run blocking line and RBs this year.

Would we have won if we hadn't traded DT? It sure seemed like Sutton and even Huerman had some trouble in the first half doing the plays that DT typically do.

It just seems like this year is just one of those years. DT getting traded to a team we were playing next thus forcing the Broncos to make a lot of changes, such as using the TE a lot more than usual because you DT was asked about what to expect and how to beat the Broncos.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

That throw down the field almost every play offense is what Musgrave does, it's like nobody watched him with the Raiders in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Would we have won if we hadn't traded DT? It sure seemed like Sutton and even Huerman had some trouble in the first half doing the plays that DT typically do.

It just seems like this year is just one of those years. DT getting traded to a team we were playing next thus forcing the Broncos to make a lot of changes, such as using the TE a lot more than usual because you DT was asked about what to expect and how to beat the Broncos.
    Quick answer, No!

DT or no DT VJ still mismanages the clock and Musgrave still run a quick 3-2 play right before the two minute warning.

Everyone expected Sutton to take advantage of DTs absence but instead it was Jeff Heuerman who plays a different position but he was getting open and Case seen it!

Elway is BY FAR the biggest problem and it isn't even close.

Why would you hire the defensive coordinator of a bad Dolphins defense as your Head Coach?

Why would you spend 18 mil or whatever it was on a career backup in Case Keenum?

Why would you try to sign Brock Osweiler to a 72-million $ deal?

Why would you draft Paxton Lynch with a high pick?

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemHeat View Post

Why would you hire the defensive coordinator of a bad Dolphins defense as your Head Coach?

Why would you spend 18 mil or whatever it was on a career backup in Case Keenum?

I agree to an extent, he’s certainly anything but innocent but I believe he can rectify it by somehow getting either Mike Shanahan or John Harbaugh in here especially if Gary wants to go back the OC and drafting Will Grier or Justin Herbert unless he can pull off another trade with indy but only after he gets two out of three of those coaches!

You can fire VJ, hire Harbaugh or Shanahan or some college guru.

If you don't have a franchise quarterback, none of it will matter.

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemHeat View Post

Funny thing is the answer to two of your four questions is none other than his best bud.........Gary Kubiak!!!!!!!!

Bill Musgrave should be fired 2.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post

No. Dt almost gave us the game with that false start. The offense played so much better without dt. The coach lost this one. I feel like there are many more coaching losses in the future, depending if they keep him employed.

Deciding to kick a 62 yard when the wind that day was all over the place and his game clock managment was atrocious.

I am not in favor of canning VJ within the season but I feel this guy is so underqualified for the job. Who knows what kind of mumble jumble he is telling the rookies.

So far he and McDaniels are neck and neck for the worst Broncos coaches of all time. IMO

This roster is stacked with talent, the coaching and development is atrocious. I agree we need a piece or 2 on the o-line but Bolles, Paradis, McGovern, and Veldheer would start on half the teams in the NFL. Losing Talib and Ward ha set our dbs back a tad bit their not atrocious. Elway has done an excellent job imo of building this roster, he needs to pick a whole new staff.

Stack with talent? We ship out our best corner, start our Nickleson corner, how is that working out for us? Bring in Pacman from off the street, bring in Brock is that an up grade? Sign 2 offensive linemen one is done for the season the other one has been hurt. Then to top it off we bring in CASE. 10/10 after 7 games. 3 picks in one game and just had his first game without a pick. Loaded with talent?