Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No shows

No shows

Good morning guys and gals. Tough loss yesterday and itís sad to say that it doesnít look like itís gonna get better any time soon. I think I read on here a few weeks ago that there was 9,000 no shows at the last home game. Is there truth to that? In all my years growing up in Denver and loving our team Iíve never heard of such a thing. Looking at the game on tv yesterday it did appear that there were a lot of texan fans there.

There were so many empty seat. They didn't even fill up the lower parking lots yesterday. I was stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by teetdogs View Post
    There were so many empty seat. They didn't even fill up the lower parking lots yesterday. I was stunned.
    This will ultimately play a factor on wether VJ is fired sooner than later but Iíll say it again, what eventually will be done, should be done as soon as possible!

Itís no secret that McVay was a Coordinator for years before he became a head coach.

Itís no secret that Kyle Shanahan was a coordinator for years before he became a head coach.

Elway chose a guy that was a very bad defensive coordinator for one year.
    Why he made this choice I donít know, but
    forget the optics already.
    Elway went on record saying ďhe had to sleep on itĒ. His decision wether to retain VJ after last season.

Thereís no right way to do something wrong. He retained him because he felt the optics were wrong and forced not only broncos country but Von, Wolfe, Harris to go through this again for another year.

He went against his gut, he burn yet another year in favor of optics. He did it once before with Fox after super bowl 48 and now Joseph.

Heís wasted two years because of optics against his gut and itís unfair to these players and the ppl spending money even the 40 year old adolescence with the Elway posters in their moms basement!

Come on Elway do whatís right!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    This will ultimately play a factor on wether VJ is fired sooner than later but Iíll say it again, what eventually will be done, should be done as soon as possible!

Itís no secret that McVay was a Coordinator for years before he became a head coach.

Itís no secret that Kyle Shanahan was a coordinator for years before he became a head coach.

Elway chose a guy that was a very bad defensive coordinator for one year.
    Why he made this choice I donít know, but
    forget the optics already.
    Elway went on record saying ďhe had to sleep on itĒ. His decision wether to retain VJ after last season.

Thereís no right way to do something wrong. He retained him because he felt the optics were wrong and forced not only broncos country but Von, Wolfe, Harris to go through this again for another year.

He went against his gut, he burn yet another year in favor of optics. He did it once before with Fox after super bowl 48 and now Joseph.

Heís wasted two years because of optics against his gut and itís unfair to these players and the ppl spending money even the 40 year old adolescence with the Elway posters in their moms basement!

Come on Elway do whatís right!
    I agree, from what I remember in the off-season Elway wanted to fire Vance but he let Kubiak and a handful of players persuade him to go against his gut.

Hopefully Elway will learn to stick with his gut, like he finally did this past draft.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Woot! A few more years subtracted from our season ticket dream!

There was close to 5,000 no shows yesterday. Most I have ever seen as a fan. Pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    There was close to 5,000 no shows yesterday. Most I have ever seen as a fan. Pretty sad.
    I think itís better that they are no shows rather than show up with paper bags on their heads.

Well I live in Maryland but why show up to s game where we see atrocities happen?

I thought that they announced in the stadium that it was 9,000

Quote Originally Posted by teetdogs View Post
    I thought that they announced in the stadium that it was 9,000
    Not that I saw. I believe the attendance was a little over 72,000.

Not that I saw. I believe the attendance was a little over 72,000.
    A lot of those people were probably there to see DT play for the Texans......

Heres how it looked

And here was the parking lots about two and a half hours before the game. This is usually packed by this time.
    Last edited by teetdogs; 11-05-2018 at 05:09 PM.

This could be on the coach who wants to play "ice the kicker" but I think it's a sign of something bigger. Football isn't over, but there are many signs peoples tastes are changing. And I don't think for a minute this is about Kaepernick. It's more about practicality and sustainability. Harleys are going away because they are not practical or sustainable. Moms are watching the carnage on the field and I do think that is a huge dilemma for the sport. Make it really safe and it becomes unwatchable. The only reason small college football remains is to put male butts in the classrooms with increasingly female enrollments. The guys want to play or they might not go to college at all. The girls don't give a hoot about the sport but they don't want to go to an all girl college. Bama and LSU are probably good for awhile, but more progressive areas (Denver) have other entertainments that compete.

I would like to think it was cold and they were playing the Texans-- a good game to watch from the couch.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

I gave my tickets away to some people who could never afford a game. No way I'm going to watch a VJ coached team when I live 100 miles away. First season I've missed games due to just not wanting to go.