Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Denver posturing itself for a big run?

Denver is 3-6, but are they fooling everyone into thinking they are bad only to win 7 straight and surprise everyone? Or are they this bad?
    Last edited by TommyBrady12; 11-08-2018 at 09:59 AM.

I will get a Case Keenum portrait tattoo on my entire back if that actually happens

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Denver is 3-6, but are they fooling everyone into thinking they are bad only to win 7 straight and surprise everyone? Or are they this bad?
    Fooling everyone? Of course not. They are good enough to be mediocre....and I'm loving it!

The team isn’t bad, it’s bad coaching!

Denver had a good coaching staff under Gary Kubiak (aside from Dennison) and won a super bowl with some really bad draft selections on offense.

In 2018 it is the complete opposite, we have really talented roster but lead with really horrible or lack of coaching. There is zero coaching acumen in Denver right now.

Joe Ellis want stability while Elway wants to go with his gut.

I say Elway go with your gut and forget the optics...!

Fire all the coaches and somehow get John Harbaugh or over pay for Lincoln Riley but dang it do something before you waste CHJ and Von Miller.
    Derek Wolfe still a great player but I feel like he’ll be this years Ward and Talib causality.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-08-2018 at 12:48 PM.

they are not as bad as their record suggests, no idea what they are going to do about their QB situation going forward if they don't tank, though. honestly, even if they did tank the rest of the season, do broncos fans have any faith that elway can fix the QB position?

Welcome Back! #85

We're not a 3-6 team. We've got the talent, we've been in every single game this year minus one until the last second...We aren't losing because we're a "bad" football team, we're losing because we're making stupid mistakes that cost us games.

I can point to one play in almost every single game that was the difference between winning and losing, we could just as easily be 6-3 as we are 3-6.

That being said, we won't win 7 straight. With VJ as coach, we'll find some way to win 5 games and be done.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    they are not as bad as their record suggests, no idea what they are going to do about their QB situation going forward if they don't tank, though. honestly, even if they did tank the rest of the season, do broncos fans have any faith that elway can fix the QB position?
    Rumor has it we're wanting to switch to a RPO based offense like the Chiefs have. There are a lot more QB's out there than can run a college style offense than those that can run a pro style so it's possible we fix the situation without tanking, but...I don't like our options at QB in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Rumor has it we're wanting to switch to a RPO based offense like the Chiefs have. There are a lot more QB's out there than can run a college style offense than those that can run a pro style so it's possible we fix the situation without tanking, but...I don't like our options at QB in 2019.
    Only thing I keep seeing is about that kid from Oregon. Not much to like about the draft at all. What else to do??

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Only thing I keep seeing is about that kid from Oregon. Not much to like about the draft at all. What else to do??
    Foles, Brigewater, Flacco (though you aren't running RPO with Flacco lol)

Pickens are slim.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    I don't have any faith in any QBs from this class ever being true franchise guys.

2020 though looks like it could big with qb talent. I could see 5 or 6 going in the first round. It looks like the most talented group in a while.

Maybe we are making a move to get Greedy Williams

Pickens are slim.
    I'd be okay seeing what Brigewater can do at the right price.

Pickens are slim.
    RPO = gimmick offense

RPO = gimmick offense
    Rpo=the direction the NFL is heading. The rule changes on defense have made it viable and it's here to stay for awhile.

Rpo=the direction the NFL is heading. The rule changes on defense have made it viable and it's here to stay for awhile.
    Too bad they didn’t have that idea last offseason. Perhaps they’d had chosen the right QB off Minnesota’s roster!

Yeah no doubt, vance joseph has em right where he wants..lulled everyone to sleep ha ha!

Seriously though, as others have mentioned & as most that follow the broncos know that this team is far better than the 3-6 record shows & they can play with any team in the league IMO.

what will happen the rest of the way? that's anybody's guess, but i will say this...the broncos are a dangerous team in regards to the playoffs & maybe not in the sense of them getting there but rather for other teams trying to get in or position themselves...

games coming up against chargers twice, squealers & bengals - those are all currently teams that would make the playoffs & you better believe all of them are aware that the broncos could easily upset them & that they are not your typical 3-6 team.