Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    You forgot Mark Sanchez...

My point is, its tough to be a 1 year starter in college and come in the NFL and be a real dude...
    its tough for a QB to adapt in general. i mean NFL is alot faster and alot bigger Playbooks. plus the coaches and schemes are just better.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    You forgot Mark Sanchez...

My point is, its tough to be a 1 year starter in college and come in the NFL and be a real dude...
    So in 20 years of top 15 quarterbacks, you were referring to 3 guys, Cam Newton, Mitch Trubisky, and Mark Sanchez ? Mark Sanchez also had some early success and seemed to take to the NFL pretty well initially. Obviously he rode a solid football team to wins, but considering how he looked early, you could argue that's another contradictory point to your argument of top 15 one year wonders being busts.

Anyway, as others said, it's tough period, and it is completely on the individual guy and the situation they end up in. I don't see the one year tag wonder being a huge red flag like you obviously do with Haskins, mostly because I I just don't see based on your reasoning that there is really a trend of one year wonders being drafted high and being busts. I like Haskins, I think he is a solid top 15 prospect, but I wouldn't be moving up to take him.

I still think Jones could be an option later in the draft. Elway and Co. are meeting with a lot of top defensive talent at the combine and not one formal interview with any of the top QBs. I know they will have in house invites during/after pro days but I have a feeling it will be another defensive stud at 10. I could see a guy like Jones fall into the 20's or possibly fall to the 2nd period and Elway making the move for him then.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Maybe in the 2nd. I wouldn't want him sooner

If No ILB S or CB, I'd rather have Jones than any other QB. Have a hunch he goes to the Giants though. Eli knows him too well, would be a perfect transition for them in NY.

Tape still is that of a 4th round pick, his arm talent is pretty average, and I think as the hype on quarterbacks evens out, he will be considered a 3rd round pick when the draft rolls around. I guess I would accept taking him at that spot, but no sooner. There is too much talent at the top of that 2nd round to waste on a mediocre quarterback prospect.

Daniel Jones

One interesting thing about Daniel Jones (who was a famous pirate along Long John Silver, citation follows - no source) is that he is the one draftee candidate for QB that we have not visited with. Based on our past history of drafting 1st rounders blind (Chubb, Lynch), will he be the pick?

Papa's thread on visits says we have visited with him. He provides links and according to walterfootball, we did.

I said a long time ago that id take him but not until our 2nd or 3rd

I have a friendly cp bet with john that he goes before finley. Keep in mind that bet was made a while ago

So we did. Please delete my thread.

Eh no need to delete. Theres multiple threads on every other qb so just see where the discussion leads.

Some dont like him some do. Cutcliffe may be a qb guru but i dont care for his offense. His wr routes take time to develop which leads to a lot of time jones had the ball in his hands. No offensive line, 1 wr and lackluster rb as a supporting cast. Decent arm and good athleticism. Peyton and eli worked with him one on one and both gave him a good recommendation.

I think he could be very good. Just have to develop him which isn't one of our strengths but that can change with new staff

https://nypost.com/2019/04/22/a-mix-...-in-nfl-draft/

Wow. Cutcliffe really makes this guy sound like a surefire franchise QB... worth the read.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post

Wow. Cutcliffe really makes this guy sound like a surefire franchise QB... worth the read.
    Gil Brandt also thinks he's the best qb in the draft and plays like Peyton.

Edit: just read it. The more I read the more I like him.
    Last edited by Houshmazode; 04-22-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post

I wouldnít mind him in the 2nd. The investment isnít as high as #10. He does has some qualities that will make his transition easier than letís say a Haskins or a Murray.

I wouldnít be stocked out of my mind but I would understand the pick and would be a little optimistic. But 2nd round not #10.

Quote Originally Posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
    I wouldnít mind him in the 2nd. The investment isnít as high as #10. He does has some qualities that will make his transition easier than letís say a Haskins or a Murray.

I wouldnít be stocked out of my mind but I would understand the pick and would be a little optimistic. But 2nd round not #10.
    if we could get him in the 2nd and get the bpa at #10 I would be pretty happy with that.

Daniel Jones is going in the 1st round. Ain't no way we get him in the 2nd. If happen to get say Bush in the 1st and Jones in the 2nd I'd be ecstatic