Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Havent been able to post much but wanted to note a couple of things. John i believe it was you who said that he holds on too long amd that cutcliffes offense would be bad in the nfl. Both points i agree on but i noticed when harris played that he held onto it too. I cant seem to find film of when jones was out but if you find any see if thats the case. It may have more to do with the offensive timing than not making reads.

Jones does seem to have issues with sensing pressure from his blind side. Dukes tackles arent very good and it seems, unless your clemson if you want to put pressure on jones just send a blitzer on the outside. The game against vt orlovsky pointed out that harris was in because they couldnt protect jones.
    Glen Haven Fire

I have watched every single snap Jones has taken this season up until todays game, and I do not see it. I see him like I seen Josh Allen, just with less arm talent. Jones has some throws, some plays every game where he looks like a borderline first round pick. He will flash good accuracy, good pocket presence, and a solid arm, but these plays are just too few and far between. This whole quarterback class presents the same issue, they are all just too inconsistent to get a read on what they could be, and they are all too risky to spend a first round pick on in my opinion.

Did you watch Jones today ? Looking at the statistics I would say he produced another Daniel Jones performance, mediocre. His team got dominated but again he couldn't generate any offense at all, I'll be interested to see how he actually performed and if he was as bad as the statistics suggest. I think Jones should return to school because I think he will find himself as a middle round pick at best if he decides to declare this year. He just hasn't produced consistently enough to fool an NFL team into overdrafting him. I see Brock Osweiler in a lot of ways with Jones, from his college tape, to his physcial skill set, too his flaws and inconsistencies, Jones is not a first round pick.

Armedequation, great point, that would be a great indicator actually too see if it is an offensive scheme issue, or if it's actually Jones. The Cutliffe offense is not a good one in my opinion, especially with a mediocre offensive line, he didn't help Jones at all in my opinion, but I will try go look back at the games that Jones missed too see if the same issues are evident.

After today's performance...I'd rather have D.Haskins

I havent been able to watch any football in the past week unfortunately.

I forgot to mention a couple things earlier. Cutcliffes offense doesnt seem to use te to catch much. Guess that could be because the o line is pretty bad but even if a te went out on a route, i didnt see them targeted much. Tj reahming seems like one of his only recievers that can catch a pass. There were a few times, especially on a couple of deep passes where it hits taylor in the hands and he just drops it.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    After today's performance...I'd rather have D.Haskins
    Yeah, not much I can say.....that was bad football by Jones. He made some bad reads and bad throws. His teammates didn't do him any favors with a ton of drops but overall it wasn't pretty. He has had some outstanding games this year so far but this game will hurt him for sure.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Yeah, not much I can say.....that was bad football by Jones. He made some bad reads and bad throws. His teammates didn't do him any favors with a ton of drops but overall it wasn't pretty. He has had some outstanding games this year so far but this game will hurt him for sure.
    He has had one outstanding game, statistcially, and that game really wasn't that special from a pro prospect and potential stand point. He still took bad sacks, held the football too long, and missed wide open deep balls. I did like his performance against Northwestern, but again, it was wide open guys running free with a bunch of easy completions. I didn't watch the game by Jones today, but what were his issues ? Also are you an Iowa guy ? What do you think of Nate Stanley ? I personally see him being a better prospect than Jones from what I have seen, although I think Stanley returns for his senior year at this point.

I will say this out of all the qbs jones has the least amount of football talent around him. I would usually say that he should stay in another year but as it stand, i dont think cutcliffe has the kind of players he needs for his system. Or his offense just isnt that good.
    Glen Haven Fire

Well, with the news today that Herbert is staying in school it wouldn't surprise me to see Jones shoot up the draft boards...especially if he has a good bowl game.

Well, with the news today that Herbert is staying in school it wouldn't surprise me to see Jones shoot up the draft boards...especially if he has a good bowl game.
    I honestly wouldn't mind this kid .what round do you think he goes ? Maybe only take 1 season to sit behind Keenum. What I'm really hoping for is for chad Kelly to get rehab and get right with himself then Elway signs him cheap . You never know . I will say I like what I've seen in Jones .

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind this kid .what round do you think he goes ? Maybe only take 1 season to sit behind Keenum. What I'm really hoping for is for chad Kelly to get rehab and get right with himself then Elway signs him cheap . You never know . I will say I like what I've seen in Jones .
    I have no clue what round he would go in, he is a mixed bag of treats. If I were a betting man I would guess late 1st but who really knows?? To get Kelly back in the right frame of mind would be awesome. Get a QB in the draft (preferably high 1st) and get Kelly in to compete sounds good to me

I'm guessing Haskins is now the clear cut #1 QB in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I'm guessing Haskins is now the clear cut #1 QB in the draft.
    I agree, I'm just suggesting Jones becomes a 1st rounder himself now.

I agree, I'm just suggesting Jones becomes a 1st rounder himself now.
    It seems QBs are always highly coveted, but at the same time so many bad teams already have one. How many NFL teams are truly desperate for one? The Broncos, Giants, and Jaguars certainly are. I really can't think of anyone else. Unless we move up to get Haskins, an ideal situation might be to take the best OL or CB available and then trade for a late 1st round pick to get Lock, Grier, Jones, etc.

Have we heard if jones is coming out?

I know i was in the minority saying he was going to stay. Nothing about changes my draft plan though

I would still like jones in 2nd but have heard rumors of Jacksonville or ne being interested
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    It seems QBs are always highly coveted, but at the same time so many bad teams already have one. How many NFL teams are truly desperate for one? The Broncos, Giants, and Jaguars certainly are. I really can't think of anyone else. Unless we move up to get Haskins, an ideal situation might be to take the best OL or CB available and then trade for a late 1st round pick to get Lock, Grier, Jones, etc.
    Patriots, Steelers and chargers all need to draft their successor too. Maybe they wait until next year but there is a few more that I could see taking one