Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,996

    Will Von be back next year?

    With Elway getting rid of the big contracts, you have to wonder who is next.

    Von Miller will be 30 next year, and the team is losing for the third year in a row.

    Good players are worth every penny when you win...but when you lose...you could have lost without them.

    Part of me would hate to see Von go. He's the kind of guy you build a defense around. If we are rebuilding though, he may get jettisoned.

    Any predictions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,530
    A better coach and QB would do wonders. A rebuild is hardly necessary here.

    I'll bite though. Anything short of a spectacular QB (which is never going to happen) and I'm never trading Von, even for multiple first round picks, simply because they guarantee nothing.

    What are you willing to let him go for?
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,530
    I'll gladly say it again. Some of you are severely underestimating the talent this team has outside of a couple of key positions. A better coach alone and we could be sitting at 6-3. A lot of close games with headscratchers in terms of play calls, challenges and zero discipline. A good coach will fix that.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Hph5 View Post
    With Elway getting rid of the big contracts, you have to wonder who is next.

    Von Miller will be 30 next year, and the team is losing for the third year in a row.

    Good players are worth every penny when you win...but when you lose...you could have lost without them.

    Part of me would hate to see Von go. He's the kind of guy you build a defense around. If we are rebuilding though, he may get jettisoned.

    Any predictions?
    it doesn't seem like Elway is dumping big contracts to me. He traded away DT but he was going to be gone anyway.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,393
    0 chance Von gets traded. Unlike DT he is still performing up to his salary.

    Also we havenít been losing 3 years in a row. 9-7 is a winning season. No playoffs sure. But people need to stop acting like it was a losing season.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,665
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I'll gladly say it again. Some of you are severely underestimating the talent this team has outside of a couple of key positions. A better coach alone and we could be sitting at 6-3. A lot of close games with headscratchers in terms of play calls, challenges and zero discipline. A good coach will fix that.
    Shoot, if we only had an average QB we're probably 6-3. Add in a better coaching staff and who knows.

    Von is going nowhere

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Also we havenít been losing 3 years in a row. 9-7 is a winning season. No playoffs sure. But people need to stop acting like it was a losing season.
    My mistake.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,153
    I've seen samparnell mention this on the board several times: If we ran the ball half of the time, and used play action passing half of the time, we'd look like we were running the ball three quarters of the time. We have a running game that looks like it could be effective. We have a QB that, even right now, looks better on the move than he does dropping back and hanging out in the pocket. Install the Jake Plummer 2.0 Offense and profit.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    I have No Idea, Do You?
    Posts
    4,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Hph5 View Post
    With Elway getting rid of the big contracts, you have to wonder who is next.

    Von Miller will be 30 next year, and the team is losing for the third year in a row.

    Good players are worth every penny when you win...but when you lose...you could have lost without them.

    Part of me would hate to see Von go. He's the kind of guy you build a defense around. If we are rebuilding though, he may get jettisoned.

    Any predictions?
    Von will be with Denver next season and Elway will use him as a carrot to lure in a good head coach
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,593
    The #1 problem on this team is coaching, not as much the talent. The problem is the coaching on both offense and defense and of course the HC. I think as soon as we get a new HC, whenever that is, we can start to expect better things for this team. Harbaugh is the top of my list
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,397
    Oh hell no! No way that you cut your Star Player and that is what Von Miller is ! Von Miller is the Face of the Denver Broncos it sure is not Case!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,804
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Oh hell no! No way that you cut your Star Player and that is what Von Miller is ! Von Miller is the Face of the Denver Broncos it sure is not Case!
    What if Case worked to be as good with his sack dances as Von?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,365
    He still eats up mediocre tackles, is still arguably top 3 at his position, and despite him not being worth his contract number, you do not move on from Miller in my opinion. Yeah, good teams with good tackles one on one Miller and he doesn't consistently win, but right now you hold onto Miller as a cornerstone of the team and attempt to build around him. A new coaching staff will look at Von and Chubb as probably the only enticing things about coming to coach in Denver, so you don't break that up. And how would Elway even replace Millers cap number ? With a combination of overpaid veterans who no one else wants ? Keep Miller.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    What if Case worked to be as good with his sack dances as Von?

    LOL then I might have to change my mind lol hahaha!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,593
    Did Jon Gruden start this thread???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •