Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: O-Line Issues

Hybrid View

O-Line Issues

This information just showed up:

Broncos will now face the Chargers Sunday with three starters out of the lineup in the offensive line. A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam has confirmed guard Max Garcia practiced at least some Wednesday on a torn ACL and will now miss the remainder of the season. Center Matt Paradis went to injured reserve Monday with a fractured right fibula to go with ligament damage he suffered in the loss to the Houston Texans and guard Ron Leary has been on injured reserve since Oct. 20. Those three players have made 115 combined starts for the Broncos.

Mike Klis

@MikeKlis

Terrible news: LG Max Garcia took every rep and finished practice yesterday. Came in, felt discomfort in knee. MRI revealed torn ACL, per source. Out for year. Billy Turner now the starting left guard. Goodness. O-line lost Paradis last game. #9sports
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Mike Klis
    Billy Turner will probably do a good job at LG, but the problem with that is that he is the Swing Tackle. There is no depth. If Turner will be the starter at LG, need another Tackle. Andreas Knappe is on the PS, but don't know if he's ready for prime time. Could either get a FA T or G to bolster the depth. We'll see what happens.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Next man up!

Anyone hear of transactions related to this?
    Glen Haven Fire

Sucks for Garcia, but is this really that big of a loss? The o-line is already a mess at this point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Next man up!

Anyone hear of transactions related to this?
    Probably too late in the week for that, I'd assume they'll wait till Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Probably too late in the week for that, I'd assume they'll wait till Monday
    Putting him on ir would open a spot, granted they would be a scratch but im more curious about who they will promote for backups and ps
    Glen Haven Fire

Losing Max Garcia two days away from the game. Tough blow for the Chargers.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Losing Max Garcia two days away from the game. Tough blow for the Chargers.
    While I never like to see a player injured......I am laughing out loud right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    While I never like to see a player injured......I am laughing out loud right now.
    I agree you never want to see a player get hurt. This issue is that Max has not been a very good guard for us. He was beaten out by Leary for the one side and McGovern beat him out for the other spot....SO I would ask if at this point is he anything more than just a body? I wish him well and I do hope he recovers. Seems like a nice guy BUT our team needs real help on the line to do well. I think we can do better in the mid rounds of the draft and perhaps even with some players form others PS's.

He struggled in the last game, but overall he's been better this year. Maybe going through a bunch of guys will lead to Denver finding an unexpected gem who becomes a really good long time starter for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He struggled in the last game, but overall he's been better this year. Maybe going through a bunch of guys will lead to Denver finding an unexpected gem who becomes a really good long time starter for them?
    With where we are right now that seems about the best option.

Austin howard and cyrus kuondijo i believe are out there for tackles

Not much for guards. Alex boone or nico siragusa
    Glen Haven Fire

Honestly, these guys who we have had starting up front are backups anyway, John Elway can't build an offensive line too save himself, and this season was always going to be a struggle with our group of players we have up front. Billy Turner has looked better than Jared Veldheer, Max Garcia is horrible and there will be no downgrade at that spot either, and Connor McGovern has been our best run blocker, Matt Paradis is overrated, it wont change much in my opinion, it will probably get better with Garcia out of the line up.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we drafted 5 olinemen next year.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones