Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    The calls against us were egregious but the Chargers also had an absurd amount of calls against them, even if though I feel like most were legit calls. I’m sure Chargers fans feel the refs helped us win. That’s just the nature of officiating in today’s NFL.

That OPI at the end was horrendously bad though. Not only was the flag extremely late but it looked more like the DB was holding Patrick to prevent him from going back to the ball. Of course they didn’t show a replay though, I’ve noticed they rarely show replays of the bad calls but always go back and show the correct calls.
    It was a comeback route, and the flag was retardedly late.

OPI?

the refs tried to hand them that game. Hands down

Hooray, beer!

The calls against us were egregious but the Chargers also had an absurd amount of calls against them, even if though I feel like most were legit calls. I’m sure Chargers fans feel the refs helped us win. That’s just the nature of officiating in today’s NFL.

That OPI at the end was horrendously bad though. Not only was the flag extremely late but it looked more like the DB was holding Patrick to prevent him from going back to the ball. Of course they didn’t show a replay though, I’ve noticed they rarely show replays of the bad calls but always go back and show the correct calls.
    The calls against the Chargers were self-inflicted though. It's on them if they aren't disciplined enough to not false start, hold, or make illegal contact. But when the refs start calling incompletes against us that are wrong and are actual completes on tape, and actually take points away, that's starting to affect the game far more than just 5 yard penalties.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

The calls against us were egregious but the Chargers also had an absurd amount of calls against them, even if though I feel like most were legit calls. Iím sure Chargers fans feel the refs helped us win. Thatís just the nature of officiating in todayís NFL.

That OPI at the end was horrendously bad though. Not only was the flag extremely late but it looked more like the DB was holding Patrick to prevent him from going back to the ball. Of course they didnít show a replay though, Iíve noticed they rarely show replays of the bad calls but always go back and show the correct calls.
    It was worse than that. The DB looked to be pulling Patrick's face mask, so there should have been 15 yards added from the spot of the foul, which would have virtually guaranteed us the win. Instead it was a loss of 10 yards.

I also found it difficult to understand how on at least 2 or 3 occasions the refs would make an announcement only to subsequently change it. In most cases the final call was against us.

As for the penalties on the Chargers, there were a large number of them - something like 12 for 120 yards or so - but most were clear. They weren't of the ticky-tacky holding type.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    It was a comeback route, and the flag was retardedly late.

OPI?

the refs tried to hand them that game. Hands down
    Iím not saying that it wasnít a bad call, just that the Chargers had twice as many penalties for 3 times the yardage and that Iím sure their fans feel the refs tried to keep us in the game. On one of the Keenum near sacks Veldheer pretty much held on for dear life to the back of the defender, there was another play where Shane Ray was held from behind with no one in front of him for what shouldíve been a sack, neither play was called. Numerous false starts were missed on both sides and thatís been going on a lot across the league.

I do think the timing of our calls had a much bigger impact, the Chris Harris penalty was terrible as well as the OPI. The decision to not rule the 2 point conversion successful knowing itís an automatic review was also terrible.

All in all it felt like there was some point shaving going on. With how bad the officiating has been recently before sports betting I wouldnít be surprised if officials are using that as a cover to shave points. There was a ref fired this season with very little information given as to why he was terminated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The calls against the Chargers were self-inflicted though. It's on them if they aren't disciplined enough to not false start, hold, or make illegal contact. But when the refs start calling incompletes against us that are wrong and are actual completes on tape, and actually take points away, that's starting to affect the game far more than just 5 yard penalties.
    At least the refs overturned the Sanders fumble

I was shocked the call was overturned. It was a tough call either way but itís always hard to overturn a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    That was one of the worst one sided called games I have seen in a while
    Listening to the Chargers post game here and they had plenty to be upset about too, the call about Sanders' fumble / no-fumble in particular.

I think the refs had a bad game overall.

Yeah, we won. But we really didnít.

Agreed. If that call doesn't get overturned, we don't win. That I'm sure of

On Lindayís 40 yard TD run the refs couldíve easily called false start in Bolles.

Bolles? This guy makes me crazy. He commits so many penalties. I just want to punch him in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Bolles? This guy makes me crazy. He commits so many penalties. I just want to punch him in the mouth.
    I think it was Bolles, both guys at top of the screen moved earlier... I was thinking that yet another DEN TD would be taken off the board.

Good win, but some stuff to clean up as well. GO Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    On Lindayís 40 yard TD run the refs couldíve easily called false start in Bolles.
    There were a few plays I thought they might call false start on Veldheer.