Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kubiak as OC again for the Broncos

NFL.com is running a story that Kubiak is considered a prime OC candidate next year, and the the Broncos understand and accept that. Why wait - we should not let anyone else move in on Kubes, who second to only Elway has been there for almost all major success the Broncos has had.

If VJ will be forced out as most expect, then I cannot see anything sweeter than Kubes back on the sideline, getting the most out of our offensive players and making the most of their rogue skills. Harbough as HC and Kubes as OC would be a great combination, that I would love to see in Denver.

Kubes as OC with Denver would require a solid HC as Kubes might overshadow any HC brought in, but he would be a great way to get back to using our skill players and QB's efficiently.

It - in my opinion - would be insane to see Kubes as OC for any other team than the Broncos!
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 11-18-2018 at 07:05 AM.

I would love Kubes as OC. He likes to use a zone run scheme and quite a few QB roll outs which is a strength for Keenum. I think he would fit in really well with the players we have in place and could have a say in the QB we draft in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    NFL.com is running a story that Kubiak is considered a prime OC candidate next year, and the the Broncos understand and accept that. Why wait - we should not let anyone else move in on Kubes, who second to only Elway has been there for almost all major success the Broncos has had.

If VJ will be forced out as most expect, then I cannot see anything sweeter than Kubes back on the sideline, getting the most out of our offensive players and making the most of their rogue skills. Harbough as HC and Kubes as OC would be a great combination, that I would love to see in Denver.

Kubes as OC with Denver would require a solid HC as Kubes might overshadow any HC brought in, but he would be a great way to get back to using our skill players and QB's efficiently.

It - in my opinion - would be insane to see Kubes as OC for any other team than the Broncos!
    It would also be a shame to lose him as a personnel adviser. Many seem to think he is a major reason why Denver's recent draft seems so much better than in previous seasons. However, I remember a time not too long ago when many on this board wanted Kubes gone. They were sick of his ancient, old fashioned offense. I wonder what they would think now? Personally, I would absolutely love a Harbaugh-Kubiak reunion. The question is, would Harbaugh and Kubiak want it, and would they want it in Denver? I know they respect each other and had a very good season in 2014. Make it happen Elway!

Making Kubiak the OC might just be the plot Elway needs to keep VJ as the head coach.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Making Kubiak the OC might just be the plot Elway needs to keep VJ as the head coach.
    The only way I see that happening is if we win out. No way Elway wants to deal with that backlash especially if we take a step backwards record wise

Making Kubiak the OC might just be the plot Elway needs to bring Harbaugh in as the head coach.
    Fixed it for you! Poor fan showings at games, lower concession sales, two years of slumping revenue + fractured locker room, poor game management, poor player development . Even if we were to some how win out, make the playoffs due to some Tebow level miracle, and win the SB, VJ will still be fired. Just the language used will be different. Elway wanted to fire him last year, but was either talked out of it or not allowed to do so (or somewhere in between). I don't think Elway will put his neck on the chopping block for VJ like Shanny did for Slowik......
    #swapping

It would be essentially 2 draft classes of players Kubiak scouted and liked. That's rare for any Coordinator. Only way I see it happening is for Harbaugh. Perhaps this is Denver sending flags to his camp saying, this guy excelled for.you and will be apart of your staff. It would be telling that if with 2 draft classes, and probably input on the coaching hire if Kubes jumped ship. Then again, a spot like GB would be very appealing to Kubes I think.

If Elway keeps VJ again next year and we have another losing record imo Elway should be gone with VJ

Keeping VJ at this point is worse than Shanahan wanting to keep Slowik

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    It would also be a shame to lose him as a personnel adviser. Many seem to think he is a major reason why Denver's recent draft seems so much better than in previous seasons. However, I remember a time not too long ago when many on this board wanted Kubes gone. They were sick of his ancient, old fashioned offense. I wonder what they would think now? Personally, I would absolutely love a Harbaugh-Kubiak reunion. The question is, would Harbaugh and Kubiak want it, and would they want it in Denver? I know they respect each other and had a very good season in 2014. Make it happen Elway!
    It is true that we had quite a bit of members on this that had joined during the years with Peyton as our QB that felt that Peyton's decline in 2015 was because Kubes was forcing him into an offense that didn't suit him. Hindsight would give a lot of support to a claim that Kubes know how to win with QBs with limited/declining skills.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I am good with Kubiak's skills as OC...it is well proven.

Worried about the effects on his health.

Maybe a more advisory role like Gibbs had years ago. Essentially come in to coach but the main goal being to groom the next guy.

Harbaugh/Kubiak. I like it!!!
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

If healths an issue Kubiac can stay in the booth. Its a much better view of the field anyways and you can see holes open or not. IMO its much easier to call plays up top .

We fans are a fickle bunch. It was just one year removed from the Super Bowl that we were demanding Kubiak step down from playcalling and fire his entire offensive staff. I also remember people saying Kubiak should be fired and Wade Phillips should be head coach.

I've said this repeatedly and I'll keep saying it. It doesn't matter who your head coach, offensive coordinator, whatever is, if you don't have an identified franchise quarterback, you can't win consistently in the NFL.

Also, the difference between Gary Kubiak and Bill Musgrave is very negligible. They both operate a very similar offense. I would argue Musgrave may actually be a little more innovative than Kubiak has shown to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    We fans are a fickle bunch. It was just one year removed from the Super Bowl that we were demanding Kubiak step down from playcalling and fire his entire offensive staff. I also remember people saying Kubiak should be fired and Wade Phillips should be head coach.

I've said this repeatedly and I'll keep saying it. It doesn't matter who your head coach, offensive coordinator, whatever is, if you don't have an identified franchise quarterback, you can't win consistently in the NFL.

Also, the difference between Gary Kubiak and Bill Musgrave is very negligible. They both operate a very similar offense. I would argue Musgrave may actually be a little more innovative than Kubiak has shown to be.
    Wade a HC? Absolutely not. Has been proven bad idea time and time again included in Denver back in the 90s

We could get Tom Brady or Joe Montana in their prime and they would struggle behind this team pass protection. When we address this than we can seriously start to address the QB spot.

Kubiak would recognize how good his team is at running the ball this year....something VJ/Musgrave seem to be clueless about. This alone makes Kubiak far superior to any coach we have overseeing the offense this year.

Do not get me wrong...I do not think Kubiak is anything special in terms of offensive coaching (like McVay for ex)....he is just far better than anything we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Wade a HC? Absolutely not. Has been proven bad idea time and time again included in Denver back in the 90s

We could get Tom Brady or Joe Montana in their prime and they would struggle behind this team pass protection. When we address this than we can seriously start to address the QB spot.

Kubiak would recognize how good his team is at running the ball this year....something VJ/Musgrave seem to be clueless about. This alone makes Kubiak far superior to any coach we have overseeing the offense this year.

Do not get me wrong...I do not think Kubiak is anything special in terms of offensive coaching (like McVay for ex)....he is just far better than anything we have now.
    There's a belief among fans that we can run the ball 60 times a game and somehow we'd be successful. It's just not how the NFL operates and not what the offensive rules are set up for.

I don't think this team would be any better with Kubiak as coordinator. The decline of the offense directly started with him taking over in 2015. At least this season it's not a complete train wreck. We again just don't have a quarterback.

Also, Kubiak tends to fall in love with the middling, journeyman quarterback, least we forget this is the same guy who turned away Peyton Manning for Matt Shaub.