Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Making Kubiak the OC might just be the plot Elway needs to keep VJ as the head coach.
    VJ is that you again posting on these boards, shouldn't you be getting ready to lose to the chargers?

No thanks, we need a bright young offensive mind not a re-tread who uses outdated schemes like Bill Musgrave.

Kubiakís role as senior personnel advisor/director had a positive impact on the draft. I think the Broncos would be well served by keeping him in his current role.

I like him in his current role much better.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Quadrodoofus View Post
    VJ is that you again posting on these boards, shouldn't you be getting ready to lose to the chargers?
    Broncos Fan Card Revoked!!!!!!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I'd rather keep Musgrave, who runs a similar style of offense and already has his terminology installed, than risk dealing with Kubiak's health issues again. Kubiak stopped coaching because he had two health scares due to the stress of being on the sidelines. His current value to the Broncos is in the front office. The team finally had a good draft after 5 years. If Kubiak wants to jump right into the fire again and get back to coaching, there's too much risk for whoever hires him. He will probably follow John Harbaugh as a HC-OC combo.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Bottom line.....With Musgrave or no Musgrave.....we are four interceptions and/or fumbles from being 6 and 3.

There were three perfectly called plays at the end of the game that we could have won.....Receiver was wide open but the ball was either overthrown or under thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    There's a belief among fans that we can run the ball 60 times a game and somehow we'd be successful. It's just not how the NFL operates and not what the offensive rules are set up for.

I don't think this team would be any better with Kubiak as coordinator. The decline of the offense directly started with him taking over in 2015. At least this season it's not a complete train wreck. We again just don't have a quarterback.

Also, Kubiak tends to fall in love with the middling, journeyman quarterback, least we forget this is the same guy who turned away Peyton Manning for Matt Shaub.
    Actually the decline of the offense began in 2014 when Manning started to fade. Also, this year's offense is only marginally better than the one in 2015, where Denver ranked 19th in scoring at 22.2. This year is only 22.8, also ranked 19th. Finally, how do you know it was Kubiak who shunned Manning in favor of Shaub?
    Last edited by gerontion; 11-18-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I'd rather keep Musgrave, who runs a similar style of offense and already has his terminology installed, than risk dealing with Kubiak's health issues again. Kubiak stopped coaching because he had two health scares due to the stress of being on the sidelines. His current value to the Broncos is in the front office. The team finally had a good draft after 5 years. If Kubiak wants to jump right into the fire again and get back to coaching, there's too much risk for whoever hires him. He will probably follow John Harbaugh as a HC-OC combo.
    The stress came from being the head coach.

Heís never had a problem at OC.

I donít think heís the answer some people are looking for, but he may want to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadrodoofus View Post
    As long as we had a great week of practice/preparation, weíre good. Heís done coaching for the week!

There's a belief among fans that we can run the ball 60 times a game and somehow we'd be successful. It's just not how the NFL operates and not what the offensive rules are set up for.

I don't think this team would be any better with Kubiak as coordinator. The decline of the offense directly started with him taking over in 2015. At least this season it's not a complete train wreck. We again just don't have a quarterback.

Also, Kubiak tends to fall in love with the middling, journeyman quarterback, least we forget this is the same guy who turned away Peyton Manning for Matt Shaub.
    Itís not about running the ball 60 times a game.

Itís about a 55/45 split between pass and run, maybe 60/40.

The Saints are successful because they can run the ball. The same is true of the Chiefs and Rams.

I think you are the only one asking for running 60 times a game in the post you just made

Most fans see us doing good in the run game.

Most fans see that 19 NFL teams run the ball more times a game than the Broncos even though the Broncos are in the League Leader in multiple rushing categories including average yards per rush (1st), rushing TDs (8th), yards per game 9th), Fewest rushing fumbles (tied for 1st). PFF had an article recently talking about Lindsay that he gets 52% of his yards before contact...that leads all qualifying RBs....our run blocking as a team is very good.

It is about using what the team does best. Then leveraging that strength to help the passing game with play action passes and exploiting defenses worrying about what we do good....running the ball.

Oh yea running the ball comes with ball control /TOP which helps the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Itís not about running the ball 60 times a game.

Itís about a 55/45 split between pass and run, maybe 60/40.

The Saints are successful because they can run the ball. The same is true of the Chiefs and Rams.
    Agreed.

To take it a step further. The Saints, Chiefs and Rams have very good offensive coaching. They not only realize the strengths of their teams but they leverage the running game success to make passing the ball easier.

I do not think we have a single coach on our team who knows how to leverage the running game to make the passing game easier...least no one is doing that on the Broncos in 2018.

I think Kubiak is leaving because of the ineptitude of our front office. Also believe he'd never take a coordinator position for a team he won a ring for not even 5 years ago.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    NFL.com is running a story that Kubiak is considered a prime OC candidate next year, and the the Broncos understand and accept that. Why wait - we should not let anyone else move in on Kubes, who second to only Elway has been there for almost all major success the Broncos has had.

If VJ will be forced out as most expect, then I cannot see anything sweeter than Kubes back on the sideline, getting the most out of our offensive players and making the most of their rogue skills. Harbough as HC and Kubes as OC would be a great combination, that I would love to see in Denver.

Kubes as OC with Denver would require a solid HC as Kubes might overshadow any HC brought in, but he would be a great way to get back to using our skill players and QB's efficiently.

It - in my opinion - would be insane to see Kubes as OC for any other team than the Broncos!
    Btw I just read the article ... it does not say Broncos OC but it seems to hint OC of SOME team...maybe the Broncos or maybe another team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...line-next-year

Former NFL head coach Gary Kubiak might find himself back on the sidelines next season, but not as a head coach.

Sources say several potential head-coaching candidates view Kubiak as a viable possibility for an offensive coordinator post, an opportunity the Broncos do believe he'll consider.

Kubiak has served for the last two years as a senior personnel adviser with the Broncos, and sources say the team has nothing but respect for the job Kubiak has done for the organization.

They understand this development and believe this is something Kubiak will look into if offered anything.

Kubiak would be considered one of the top coordinators available, a job he hasn't held since 2014 with the Ravens. It was his only year from 2006 to 2016 that Kubiak wasn't a head coach. He won a Super Bowl with Denver after a wild 2015 season.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I think Kubiak is leaving because of the ineptitude of our front office. Also believe he'd never take a coordinator position for a team he won a ring for not even 5 years ago.
    I do not think his health will allow him to be a HC again
    Last edited by Hadez; 11-18-2018 at 10:44 AM.